ForumsNewcomers ForumSIPPYCUpS: the comment merit guarantee!

300 30439
Gantic
Gantic
11,781 posts

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpS.png

Welcome to SIPPYCUpS, the comment merit guarantee!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSWhat.png
SIPPYCUpS (aka the Self-Improvement Program Promoting Your Comment Upgrade Success) is an introduction to the world of game comment merits. Game comment merits are given to superb game reviews, of which you could be one of many writers! SIPPYCUpS will help you on your way to your very first merit. If you want to earn merits, but don't know where to start, SIPPYCUpS is a good place. You write, we review, you learn! When you complete SIPPYCUpS, you will earn your guaranteed merit right away! And you'll also know what it takes it write great game comments and maybe earn more merits on your own.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSJoin.png
It's easy to join SIPPYCUpS! Just sign up in this thread. SIPPYCUpS is available to everyone who has not already completed SIPPYCUpS, but only users with 0 merits before signing up can earn the merit right away after completing SIPPYCUpS.*

*If users have merits from sources other than game comments, they must link to all comments containing the merits. Should that total be equal to the merit count upon enrollment, that user will be eligible for the merit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSStart.png
Once you are approved for SIPPYCuPS, you are ready to start!
1.) Read Up about merits if you haven't already. Don't worry. It isn't a long read.
2.) Look Up a game you like and play it through. Take notes as you play.
3.) Write Up a review of it. Don't know where to start? We'll help you with that.
4.) Proof Up your review and correct any mistakes. This is an important step.
5.) Post Up your review in this thread. A SIPPYCUpS representative will review your review.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSGrow.png
Once your review has been reviewed by a representative of SIPPYCUpS, you can start improving your review by looking at the suggestions. Do you need to work on your grammar? Do you need to add something to your review? Do you need to rewrite for clarity? Learn from these suggestions! Repeat.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSLevel.png
Once your final review has been approved, you have leveled up with SIPPYCUpS! Now you know what it takes to write a great game comment. Post your review to the game and earn your well-deserved merit. You can now use what you learned to write better comments in the future and maybe earn more merits, and you'll know you earned these on your own. You now also qualify for SIPPYCUpS+ Premium Advantage!

• 300 Replies
royalguy
royalguy
149 posts

By the Way what game is it.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
792 posts

TU-46

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
792 posts

7/10 because it is Hard!

Gantic
Gantic
11,781 posts

@blackbeltr0 You're using too many exclamation points.
How does this game give a positive flying experience? The plane is broken down, hard to control, and things break all the time.
"The hardness of the game helps the urning for the GREAT touchdown." urning is not the right word. I'm not sure what you mean.
How is there thirst for adventure trying to land a plane with the gears jammed? Do you mean thrill of excitement?
If this game is so great, why is it 7/10? What makes it hard?
You're missing some punctuation after "The controls...pause"
How is getting your passengers to safety "epic"?

Runescape124
Runescape124
3,028 posts

Gantic, I won't be able to do anything in here for quite a while due to mid-semester finals. I can continue posting on the forums, but I can't make any reviews of games. Think you could cross me off the list, or put me under something like me being unable to participate for the time being or something?
Thank you!

killersup10
killersup10
2,747 posts

Alright.... now that the migrains are gone, Killersup has his essay wrote and some other stuff. now he can get it done sometime this week ...

Gantic
Gantic
11,781 posts

It shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to write out a well-written, thought-out paragraph. Most I ever spent was 30 minutes, but usually no more than 10.

@Levitikys Go for it.

ROSTER:
70_70_70
Blackbeltr0
Chris3142
colony101
danielhuy
EmperorPalpatine
GhostOfHorror
jostar11
killersup10
Levitikys
light_chaser
mrpoke
pangtongshu*
R2D21999
royalguy
soccerdude2
superbobdabest
TheRed555
trying
VonHeisenbourg
vinster132
xeano321
xerox
xXxDAPRO89xXx
*Ineligible for SIPPYCUpS merit guarantee.

SIPPYCUpS Graduates: daleks*, IAgreeWithYou, ImTheMostManlyMan, Jacen96, kegaumongo, Patrick2011, toprichieboy

powerrock
powerrock
6 posts

im in

powerrock
powerrock
6 posts

is this ok?
Hi,
I thought the game would have been better if you could have selected the level of difficulty. The gaining of levels was too easy, however I found the weapon design and their abilities good. The gameplay and graphics were quite good, and the armour was good too. The daily challenges I thought were quite smart because I've not seen them in a game before. The sounds of victory was quite pleasant but the sound of defeat made you sad );
In conclusion I thought the game was very good. 9/10

trying
trying
449 posts

I feel like I'm never going to get around to this so you can take me off the list.

Gantic
Gantic
11,781 posts

@powerrock You can change difficulty under options. Why was the gameplay good? What about the maps? Why was the armor good? Was there anything else you liked about the daily challenges other than not seeing them in a game before?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,195 posts

Finally done.

SIPPYCUpS: Haunt the House

Now I'm not too big on grammar but I'll do the best I can.

Gameplay

The gameplay was quite enjoyable due to the fact that it was about a ghost scaring people out of a house. The objective is (obviously) to scare people out of the house by posessing items in the house. My personal favorite part of the game was scaring people too much and making them jump out the windows, although this was quite funny I found out that I lose points at the end of the game.

Gameplay: 8/10

Art/Graphics

The art and graphics I have to say were not very good, even though the art/graphics clearly brought the setting of holloween, it lacked color and everything looked like it came from paper.

Art/Graphics: 4/10

Storyline

The storyline was very short and did not explain anything whatsoever.

Storyline: 2/10

Music

The music was great and really fit in with the whole holloween/haunted house theme.

Music: 9/10

Controls

The contols weren't complicated just a space bar and the arrow keys very old fashoned, I respect that.

Controls: 10/10

Overall: 7/10

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,684 posts

Hey I just realized should I be on the graduates list?

killersup10
killersup10
2,747 posts

It shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to write out a well-written, thought-out paragraph. Most I ever spent was 30 minutes, but usually no more than 10.

Actually took about twenty minutes.

After looking at other people's Killersup feels like he wrote too much :P

Elona shooter: the review

This game is actually a spin-off from the online multiplayer series called âElona.âThe game has been out for a while, and has earned a solid rating of nine. The game has three difficulties. They are hardcore, casual, and normal. Under hardcore the saved game of the player is erased at the beginning of every new level. Casual and normal are known to be a lot easier than hardcore, and the game is saved at the beginning of every level. The player is trying to survive wave after wave of attackers that are trying to bring down your castle. You can originally choose through four different classes that have different abilities that help the team. As the player continues they will find that they will need to find better guns and more people. A house can be upgraded that can allow the player to have another unit that will attack. Better guns, explosives, and extra health can be found at the armory. However, they change every day so it is hard to guess when a certain assistant can be found. There is a museum that will have unlockables and shows what the player can get for unlocking them. The achievements range from owning lots of chickens to robbing children. More things can be bought that will help the player get through each level. Both the player and their units can level up. This will cause them to upgrade a skill. At the end of each day a player will be given a certain amount of AP (up to 8 with the hyperactive skill.) This AP can be used to refresh the armory to selling your chicken eggs for money and ect. As the days go on more and more challenges will be brought upon the user. A henchman can be bought for a day to help the user fight through these enemies. However, he requires that you pay him half of the reward that you get for the day. After day forty the enemies will be reset. This can often trick the player into thinking that the game is over. However, the enemies now have upgraded health and attack power, about triple. Every ten days during the first forty there will be a boss day. A bunch of bosses will come from the left side of the screen equipped with shields and either pistols or grenade launchers. After forty days, three days will be taken off for each boss day. As an example, on days ten, twenty, thirty, and forty there will be boss days. Then days forty-seven, fifty-seven, sixty-seven, and seventy-seven will be boss days. After that another three days will be taken off. When starting the game the castle will have forty points of health. More points can be bought from town though so the player can last linger during the latter parts of the game. Suicide sisters can be bribed into strapping on explosives and throwing themselves into the middle of the battlefield causing a power-full explosion when they are shot.
killersup10
killersup10
2,747 posts

Touched up a small amount. Just added a little to the beginning and the end.

Elona shooter: the review

This game is actually a spin-off from the online multiplayer series called âElona.âThe game has been out for a while, and has earned a solid rating of nine. Its highly addictive and its ânever ending.âThe game has three difficulties. They are hardcore, casual, and normal. Under hardcore the saved game of the player is erased at the beginning of every new level. Casual and normal are known to be a lot easier than hardcore, and the game is saved at the beginning of every level. The player is trying to survive wave after wave of attackers that are trying to bring down your castle. You can originally choose through four different classes that have different abilities that help the team. As the player continues they will find that they will need to find better guns and more people. A house can be upgraded that can allow the player to have another unit that will attack. Better guns, explosives, and extra health can be found at the armory. However, they change every day so it is hard to guess when a certain assistant can be found. There is a museum that will have unlockables and shows what the player can get for unlocking them. The achievements range from owning lots of chickens to robbing children. More things can be bought that will help the player get through each level. Both the player and their units can level up. This will cause them to upgrade a skill. At the end of each day a player will be given a certain amount of AP (up to 8 with the hyperactive skill.) This AP can be used to refresh the armory to selling your chicken eggs for money and ect. As the days go on more and more challenges will be brought upon the user. A henchman can be bought for a day to help the user fight through these enemies. However, he requires that you pay him half of the reward that you get for the day. After day forty the enemies will be reset. This can often trick the player into thinking that the game is over. However, the enemies now have upgraded health and attack power, about triple. Every ten days during the first forty there will be a boss day. A bunch of bosses will come from the left side of the screen equipped with shields and either pistols or grenade launchers. After forty days, three days will be taken off for each boss day. As an example, on days ten, twenty, thirty, and forty there will be boss days. Then days forty-seven, fifty-seven, sixty-seven, and seventy-seven will be boss days. After that another three days will be taken off. When starting the game the castle will have forty points of health. More points can be bought from town though so the player can last linger during the latter parts of the game. Suicide sisters can be bribed into strapping on explosives and throwing themselves into the middle of the battlefield causing a power-full explosion when they are shot. Overall the game was well done. It might be a little better if there was not such a steep learning curve. Also, every single time a soldier levels up their wage increases a little. With three unites for help this can soon become very expensive.

Showing 166-180 of 300