ForumsNewcomers ForumSIPPYCUpS: the comment merit guarantee!

300 30389
Gantic
Gantic
11,779 posts

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpS.png

Welcome to SIPPYCUpS, the comment merit guarantee!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSWhat.png
SIPPYCUpS (aka the Self-Improvement Program Promoting Your Comment Upgrade Success) is an introduction to the world of game comment merits. Game comment merits are given to superb game reviews, of which you could be one of many writers! SIPPYCUpS will help you on your way to your very first merit. If you want to earn merits, but don't know where to start, SIPPYCUpS is a good place. You write, we review, you learn! When you complete SIPPYCUpS, you will earn your guaranteed merit right away! And you'll also know what it takes it write great game comments and maybe earn more merits on your own.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSJoin.png
It's easy to join SIPPYCUpS! Just sign up in this thread. SIPPYCUpS is available to everyone who has not already completed SIPPYCUpS, but only users with 0 merits before signing up can earn the merit right away after completing SIPPYCUpS.*

*If users have merits from sources other than game comments, they must link to all comments containing the merits. Should that total be equal to the merit count upon enrollment, that user will be eligible for the merit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSStart.png
Once you are approved for SIPPYCuPS, you are ready to start!
1.) Read Up about merits if you haven't already. Don't worry. It isn't a long read.
2.) Look Up a game you like and play it through. Take notes as you play.
3.) Write Up a review of it. Don't know where to start? We'll help you with that.
4.) Proof Up your review and correct any mistakes. This is an important step.
5.) Post Up your review in this thread. A SIPPYCUpS representative will review your review.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSGrow.png
Once your review has been reviewed by a representative of SIPPYCUpS, you can start improving your review by looking at the suggestions. Do you need to work on your grammar? Do you need to add something to your review? Do you need to rewrite for clarity? Learn from these suggestions! Repeat.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSLevel.png
Once your final review has been approved, you have leveled up with SIPPYCUpS! Now you know what it takes to write a great game comment. Post your review to the game and earn your well-deserved merit. You can now use what you learned to write better comments in the future and maybe earn more merits, and you'll know you earned these on your own. You now also qualify for SIPPYCUpS+ Premium Advantage!

• 300 Replies
MyLittleGamer
MyLittleGamer
3 posts

I'm in.
So, I guess I'll choose Thing Thing 1 for my game.

MyLittleGamer
MyLittleGamer
3 posts

My Thing Thing 1 review !

Graphics : The Graphics are black and white. At the end , the backround has colour.

Story : The Game didn't have a story. You a Man , how wants to escape.
At the End you kill a boss , run to a city and a creatur kills you. Thats the Story.

Bugs: No bugs.

Rating : A little Game with a Awesome Series.
25/100 Points.
It's to short , have no Story and it's boring.

Gantic
Gantic
11,779 posts

REVIEWS:
@shanke Capitalize the first word of every sentence and put a space after punctuation before a new word. You don't need to be describing the game. The first and fourth paragraph are just filler. You need to write more about your opinions of the game and why you think that way.
@MyLittleGamer You might want to pick a different game if not much can be said about it.

shanke
shanke
67 posts

Game Review: Attempt two
Game:Strike Force Heroes
Strike Force Heroes is a RPG shooting game.

This game is one of the best games I have played in armor games I like the graphics and the voices of the soldier. But there are only few songs and they start to get irritating after some time.I like the campaign and challenges, but the last levels of the campaign was too easy than the rest of the games .The challenges the same.The gameplay is quite easy to learn and the game needs a bit of strategy of finish (especially in capture the flag).Every class has unique skill , which is great but i wish the killstreaks were unique too (some are but not all)the game has enough missions to satisfy me.I like that even the enemies have voices.The weapons are well balance for each class. Improvement wise I would love if I could give some commands to my team to follow me or defend the flag etc and some grenades.so that I can kill groups of enemies .I would like it if I could break stuff like doors or walls to get to the enemy.I wish there were some more assassination missions and rescue missions

But overall, still one of the best games I have played in armor games
so (10/10) (For me the music or songs doesn't really matter in games)

alovera1
alovera1
511 posts

I will join. my game that i pick is ball revamped 4 amplitude I will post my draft later. Sorry if i double post.

alovera1
alovera1
511 posts

Here's my draft sorry for the double post unless i get ninja'd

These Ball Revamped games I personally find them some of the best games I have ever played. I really like the change of background, music, and graphics. The only thing I would take out would be the stars around the goal Because it can be a dead giveway it's kind of dissapointing. I forgot to mention what I like (I mentioned what I really like up top). What I like is the art, challenge, and level 55 because that one was my biggest challenge. The last boss could have been a bit harder though. My rating for this game 9/10.

Drake20
Drake20
2 posts

what should i do should i post a game review??

Drake20
Drake20
2 posts

For my game review is armor mayhem chronicles

Armor mayhem chronicles has a lot of nice features like online saving and many more than the old armor mayhem armor mayhem is an awesome game i loved the game of the violence and guns this game is like plazma burst in many ways like the futuristic gun designs.There's a lot of games like this like raze 1 and 2,strike force heroes and many more.For this game rating is (10/10)

For my next review is mecha arena

Mecha arena is very awesome because you can customize your bot and fight in tournaments and go to higher grades i loved the game because of game features and i loved creating and building stuff up there is one game like this like monster arena.For this game i give a rating of (9/10)

and this is my game reviews...

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,369 posts

Maybe make a rule to omitt any banal word like "awesome" hehe.

Gantic
Gantic
11,779 posts

REPLIES:
@nichodemus Focusing on details before getting the big picture is a waste of time. It doesn't matter what words are used as long as an idea is conveyed in a thoughtful, understandable manner.

REVIEWS:
@shanke Much better. There's one small issue and a bunch of small grammatical issues. Fix those and you're done. You need to put a space after every period not before every period.
P1 L1 Should be two sentences. First one ends after Armor Games. Capitalize Armor Games.
P1 L2 "But...time." isn't a full sentence.
P1 L3 "were" not "was" because "last levels" is plural.
P1 L3-4 "The challenges the same." You're missing a verb, probably were.
P1 L6 You're missing punctuation after "all)". There should be a period after it. "the...voices." would be a new sentence.
P1 L7 "Improvement-wise" add the hyphen.
P1 L8 That should be a comma between "grenades" and "so".
P2 Leave off the last sentence, "For me...games". If it doesn't really matter, leave it out.
alovera1 There are several grammatical issues.
P1 L1 That's not a grammatical sentence. The subject appears twice, but there are no commas. You're also missing a linking verb.
P1 L3 "Because" is capitalized for no reason.
P1 L3-4 You do not need this sentence: "I forgot...top)."
Drake20 Pick one review.

ROSTER:
1zth
70_70_70
alovera1
Blackbeltr0
Chris3142
colony101
danielhuy
Drake20
EmperorPalpatine
GhostOfHorror
jostar11
killersup10
Levitikys
light_chaser
mrpoke
MyLittleGamer
pangtongshu*
powerrock
R2D21999
renegadeo
royalguy
shanke
superbobdabest
Tactical_Fish
TheRed555
Yugoslavia4ever
VonHeisenbourg
vinster132
xeano321
xerox
xXxDAPRO89xXx
*Ineligible for SIPPYCUpS merit guarantee.

SIPPYCUpS Graduates: daleks*, IAgreeWithYou, ImTheMostManlyMan, Jacen96, kegaumongo, nichodemus*, Patrick2011, soccerdude2, toprichieboy

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
894 posts

I know this is irrelevant to the point of the thread since I know we can't choose MMO's as our games, but, are merits not awarded on MMO's at all?

Gantic
Gantic
11,779 posts

We cannot award merits for MMOs. The MMO comment system is different from the regular game comment system. You can tell just by looking at the two. Even if it were possible, it would be infeasible given the number of players and number of comments that are constantly put out for MMOs. You only get to see 10 comments per page and there are literally hundreds and thousands of pages of comments. Super popular games that gets hundreds of pages of comments and those are manageable in maybe a day or two, but MMOs would be a waste of time. The content also changes a lot over time so reviews will become outdated in months or years. So if it were possible, I highly doubt anyone would actually check.

If that doesn't make sense, picture it like this:
Maintaining game comments would be like a zombie onslaught game set in a city overrun by zombies and you're protecting different zones (i.e. maintaining different games). Short spammy comments are zombies. Meritable comments are survivors. The administrators and moderators are zombie slayers defending the city of Armor Games. Now, the administrators are the ultimate zombie slayers (They have access to ridiculous anti-zombie nukes.) but they have other duties that take their time like maintaining the actual infrastructure of the city where humans live. Without a city, there'd be no point defending. The moderators are the ones who have to go out every day with their miniguns to mow down the hordes that have overtaken the outer parts of the city and rescue survivors that have stranded themselves or were out there for other reasons, while also maintaining the peace inside the city. Survivors have pistols, but they're useless outside of their own home, so they have to set beacon flags to notify the proper authorities of increasing zombie hordes.
A regular game gets maybe 5-15 pages of comments. That's would be a normal level zone in the outer parts of the city. Rescuing survivors is easy.
A more popular game gets maybe 15+ pages of comments. That's a hard level zone. Rescuing survivors takes a bit more effort.
A super popular game gets 100+ pages of comments. That's a boss level zone. It'll be hell but if prepared, those survivors will be rescued in no time.
An MMO game gets a ridiculous amount of pages of comments and more pages every day almost constantly. That's endless survival mode. Maybe one survivor if we're lucky.
A super popular MMO gets an even more ridiculous amount of pages of comments and the rate at which it gets more pages increases every day because it is super popular. That's endless survival hardcore zombie hell factory mode. There are so many zombies that it's literally impossible to walk through. They're jammed together tighter than sardines and they keep on coming. The survivors are as good as dead.
Oh, and there's no high score table, no storyline, no upgrades, and when you leave a zone zombies start to fill it in again, so you're just killing zombies just 'cause but people will complain about the zombies even though you've cleared out other zones because the zone they just went to had zombies. So unless the system is changed, it's pretty impractical.

Not a great analogy and totally off topic, but yeah, no Judge Dredd references about retired moderators.

shanke
shanke
67 posts

ame Review: Attempt two
Game:Strike Force Heroes
Strike Force Heroes is a RPG shooting game.

This game is one of the best games I have played in Armor games. I like the graphics and the voices of the soldier. But there are only few songs and they start to get irritating after some time,I like the campaign and challenges, but the last levels of the campaign were too easy than the rest of the games . The challenges are also the same. The gameplay is quite easy to learn and the game needs a bit of strategy of finish (especially in capture the flag). Every class has unique skill , which is great but i wish the killstreaks were unique too (some are but not all). The game has enough missions to satisfy me. I like that even the enemies have voices. The weapons are well balance for each class.
"Improvement wise" I would love if I could give some commands to my team to follow me or defend the flag etc and some grenades,so that I can kill groups of enemies. I would like it if I could break stuff like doors or walls to get to the enemy. I wish there were some more assassination missions and rescue missions.

But overall, still one of the best games I have played in armor games
so (10/10)

shanke
shanke
67 posts

what are periods?
and sorry for not Capitalizing armor games (last sentence).and for that Game Review: Attempt two it should be three

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,161 posts

@Gantic: that is pretty hilarious to read. Not a bad analogy at all.

@shanke: if I'm not mistaken (though I could be), it's this punctuation mark: a dot.
You shouldn't write "the rest of the games . The challenges". You should change it to "the rest of the games. The challenges". (The space after the dot, not before it). And I think you should also apply this rule to commas.

Showing 211-225 of 300