ForumsNewcomers ForumSIPPYCUpS: the comment merit guarantee!

300 30390
Gantic
Gantic
11,779 posts

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpS.png

Welcome to SIPPYCUpS, the comment merit guarantee!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSWhat.png
SIPPYCUpS (aka the Self-Improvement Program Promoting Your Comment Upgrade Success) is an introduction to the world of game comment merits. Game comment merits are given to superb game reviews, of which you could be one of many writers! SIPPYCUpS will help you on your way to your very first merit. If you want to earn merits, but don't know where to start, SIPPYCUpS is a good place. You write, we review, you learn! When you complete SIPPYCUpS, you will earn your guaranteed merit right away! And you'll also know what it takes it write great game comments and maybe earn more merits on your own.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSJoin.png
It's easy to join SIPPYCUpS! Just sign up in this thread. SIPPYCUpS is available to everyone who has not already completed SIPPYCUpS, but only users with 0 merits before signing up can earn the merit right away after completing SIPPYCUpS.*

*If users have merits from sources other than game comments, they must link to all comments containing the merits. Should that total be equal to the merit count upon enrollment, that user will be eligible for the merit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSStart.png
Once you are approved for SIPPYCuPS, you are ready to start!
1.) Read Up about merits if you haven't already. Don't worry. It isn't a long read.
2.) Look Up a game you like and play it through. Take notes as you play.
3.) Write Up a review of it. Don't know where to start? We'll help you with that.
4.) Proof Up your review and correct any mistakes. This is an important step.
5.) Post Up your review in this thread. A SIPPYCUpS representative will review your review.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSGrow.png
Once your review has been reviewed by a representative of SIPPYCUpS, you can start improving your review by looking at the suggestions. Do you need to work on your grammar? Do you need to add something to your review? Do you need to rewrite for clarity? Learn from these suggestions! Repeat.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSLevel.png
Once your final review has been approved, you have leveled up with SIPPYCUpS! Now you know what it takes to write a great game comment. Post your review to the game and earn your well-deserved merit. You can now use what you learned to write better comments in the future and maybe earn more merits, and you'll know you earned these on your own. You now also qualify for SIPPYCUpS+ Premium Advantage!

• 300 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,779 posts

I am the ultimate representative! Honestly don't know if anyone else is joining me on this pet project.

@Patrick2011 "Representative" is not plural in my posts.
@fantasy4life Is your one merit from a game comment?
@70_70_70 It doesn't matter if multiple people pick the same game as long as no one is copying off of someone else.
@trying Post your first draft to this thread.

Signed Up for SIPPYCUpS:
70_70_70
fantasy4life*
GhostOfHorror
ImTheMostManlyMan
Patrick2011
R2D21999
trying
*Currently not eligible for SIPPYCUpS merit guarantee.

Please let me know if I've missed anyone. If you don't say you're signing up, I won't know you're signing up.

fantasy4life
fantasy4life
1,918 posts

@fantasy4life Is your one merit from a game comment?

Honestly, I'm not sure. I had my "merit notify" disabled, and I didn't receive any notification about it on my profile. Does this exclude me from SIPPYCUpS?

If it does, could I still post my game review? Since the only reason now I joined SIPPYCUpS is to see what my game comments lack and what I could improve to better write a helpful feedback. Criticism could prove beneficial for my way of expression.
xerox
xerox
715 posts

I would want to join SIPPYCUpS, so I'm Signing In. I will wait for a new game, but I suppose, i can do it. Just some words about Graphic, Storyline, Controls, Purpose of the game, Gameplay, Bugs, Rating from 1 to 100 and how enjoyable the game is.

xerox
xerox
715 posts

I've never done a Merit so here is my RAW for LOOT The Game.

Today i played this game, and i was thinking... Why everyone vote so much on this game, i mean, look at it! Yes its by John, and has that cute little elephant, but come on! It's not that good :/

Graphisc
The graphics are in the same, awesome style as always. That jumping elephant, the carts that go BOOM after they are destroyed, the cannons... Credits are also well made, with pictures of some of the the items, but the sword is missing, although there is a representative of the staffs and the Guns.

Storyline and Purpose of the game

Well the purpose is quiet simple - Run, Destroy and Loot... But that's it. That is the whole story. The truth is, that after 50 carts destroyed, the game gets just boring :/ From non stop action and explosions, we get to one hit kill boringness. This gets us to the weapons. the sword, is most weak weapon of them all. To use it you have to get as close as possible to the carts and to the cannons, and this leads to... well you know, QUICK AND PAINFUL DEATH!!!!
(And after you die, you are alive for some reason, no punishments, nothing, just the carts are back to full health :/) Next is the Gun. It shoots fast, but sadly does also low dmg..
Finally the staffs... They are just Overpowered! I could one shot kill all the cannons and all the carts after 40th cart :/.... when i destroyed everything, the boss appeared and SURPRISE, i one shot kill him too.

Basically the game is fun at the start, but the repeating(Shooting, getting loot,shooting) gets boring too fast.

Bugs

Not much bugs, but sometimes, the items just pop out , when you grab a different item.. you have them on you and just grab that gray item but then you don't like it and trow it out and your red(Legendary) item, just pops out if his place for no reason, in place of the gray item, like their places are changed... But its fixed easily by re equiping the red item.

Rating

Well now most of the things are fine(exept that sometimes the explosions of destroyed carts of the train, hide the bullets, and you get hit).

I would give 75/100 only because i respect the creator, and if i was not out of USA i would totally buy the plush. But the game overall is not for the exxperianced player, but for the mostly average, who like mindless shooters, and collecting stuff.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,795 posts

Okay i'll join. I'll do Chuck the Sheep.

xeano321
xeano321
3,087 posts

I guess I'll sign up... Can always use a little advice now and then =D.

Hrm... I guess I'll do my review on Exit Path 2.

Hey Gantic, how did you happen to come up with the title for this program?

vinster132
vinster132
5,965 posts

Eh what the heck, I'll sign up. I'll do one once I have once spare time or I'm bored. I'm thinking of doing Kingdom Rush. I have to finish the game again to refresh in it though.

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts

Hi, if I'm eligible I'd like to join. I do not have any merits to date.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,481 posts

@70_70_70: You know me so well, that was my first choice, then he majesty of color then heir then after much debate I decided that heir would be easiest.

So does it start for us when we post our rough draft?

Well, I guess I'll actually have to play a game then, in well at least it's a good one.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,326 posts

Hi, if I'm eligible I'd like to join. I do not have any merits to date.

Anyone without a game comment merit is eligible.

So does it start for us when we post our rough draft?

It starts when you join and select a game. The next step is the rough draft followed by feedback from Gantic.

I have played and taken notes on my selected game and will post my first draft later tonight.
royalguy
royalguy
149 posts

I will make one for Colony and count it as a school project too.
Oh Yeah

Royal

Gantic
Gantic
11,779 posts

@fantasy4life You're out of luck for the guaranteed merit unless you can prove that merit is from you winning a contest or from somewhere else.
@xerox Did you proofread? Your punctualization and capitalization are inconsistent.
@xeano321 SIPPYCUpS was originally envisioned as the "Comment Improvement Program" or "CIP". I demanded that I expand it to something that can be called "sippycup".
@ImTheMostManlyMan It starts when you enroll, unless you've previously completed SIPPYCUpS, which would be impossible.
@royalguy What? You're doing schoolwork by playing Colony and writing a review?

Signed Up for SIPPYCUpS:
70_70_70
fantasy4life*
GhostOfHorror
ImTheMostManlyMan
Patrick2011
R2D21999
royalguy
trying
VonHeisenbourg
vinster132
xeano321
xerox
xXxDAPRO89xXx
*Ineligible for SIPPYCUpS merit guarantee.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,408 posts

I'll do it when I have time. My only merit is from the Haiku Contest here.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,326 posts

I have created my first draft for the game review of Nuclearoids. The draft is below:

Nuclearoids is a decent game, but it has a few issues. First of all, I like the graphics and the rate of difficulty increase as one advances in the game. I also like how the goal reached message pops up as soon as the goal is reached. I also like the menu, which includes muting, restarting, exiting, and a Remind Goal button, which allows one to revisit the goal. The screen is not too big, and lag is not an issue with this game. I also like the random placement, which makes one think about each attempt differently. However, I find that there is not enough overall variety in the game, both in objectives and in nuclearoids. I also found that gravity is applied inconsistently, and that the late game objectives can be really difficult. As for improvements, I think more nuclearoid types should be added, and a progress bar should be added for each objective so one knows how much of the goal has been achieved so far. Additionally, allowing multiple clicks for tougher objectives would be a good idea, and the power indicator before the explosion click should be longer so one has a better idea of what the click will do. Overall, I think this game is interesting but has plenty of room for improvement.

Runescape124
Runescape124
3,028 posts

I'll join, but does it have to be a game that is posted to Armor Games? Because I do not see that specified in the original post. I was just wondering, because I'm a big gaming fan of World of Tanks and Runescape (yes, the same MMO my username is derived from, please don't hate on me), and I kinda want to write a review on at least one of them, but don't exactly know where to start.

Showing 16-30 of 300