ForumsNewcomers ForumSIPPYCUpS: the comment merit guarantee!

300 30408
Gantic
Gantic
11,780 posts

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpS.png

Welcome to SIPPYCUpS, the comment merit guarantee!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSWhat.png
SIPPYCUpS (aka the Self-Improvement Program Promoting Your Comment Upgrade Success) is an introduction to the world of game comment merits. Game comment merits are given to superb game reviews, of which you could be one of many writers! SIPPYCUpS will help you on your way to your very first merit. If you want to earn merits, but don't know where to start, SIPPYCUpS is a good place. You write, we review, you learn! When you complete SIPPYCUpS, you will earn your guaranteed merit right away! And you'll also know what it takes it write great game comments and maybe earn more merits on your own.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSJoin.png
It's easy to join SIPPYCUpS! Just sign up in this thread. SIPPYCUpS is available to everyone who has not already completed SIPPYCUpS, but only users with 0 merits before signing up can earn the merit right away after completing SIPPYCUpS.*

*If users have merits from sources other than game comments, they must link to all comments containing the merits. Should that total be equal to the merit count upon enrollment, that user will be eligible for the merit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSStart.png
Once you are approved for SIPPYCuPS, you are ready to start!
1.) Read Up about merits if you haven't already. Don't worry. It isn't a long read.
2.) Look Up a game you like and play it through. Take notes as you play.
3.) Write Up a review of it. Don't know where to start? We'll help you with that.
4.) Proof Up your review and correct any mistakes. This is an important step.
5.) Post Up your review in this thread. A SIPPYCUpS representative will review your review.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSGrow.png
Once your review has been reviewed by a representative of SIPPYCUpS, you can start improving your review by looking at the suggestions. Do you need to work on your grammar? Do you need to add something to your review? Do you need to rewrite for clarity? Learn from these suggestions! Repeat.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSLevel.png
Once your final review has been approved, you have leveled up with SIPPYCUpS! Now you know what it takes to write a great game comment. Post your review to the game and earn your well-deserved merit. You can now use what you learned to write better comments in the future and maybe earn more merits, and you'll know you earned these on your own. You now also qualify for SIPPYCUpS+ Premium Advantage!

• 300 Replies
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,795 posts

@Gantic This is harder than I thought... What is there left to explain though? I told you what I think it needs to get a perfect score. Therefore explaining myself... What do I need to explain? :P

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,274 posts

Never mind Sonny: I've just done an essay-sized comment-review on Army of Ages. Here we are (sorry if the paragraphing's weird; it's formatted for the comment box):
Okay, this is quite fun. I like the improvements it makes on Age Of War. For a start, I like how you have the 4 buildings behind your fort that auto build units.
It means that you can leave the screen for a few minutes and come back with enough money to buy Switzerland.
That said, it does seem a bit silly that a pile of tank parts in your back yard can magically cause a tank to pop out of your bunker's garage.
And one fundamental flaw it fails to improve upon is the way it DRAGS. You can't really lose without going through a lot of difficulty, but can't win either.
This means that you have a loooong period of just sitting there with nothing to do. Which sucks. I know about grinding, but this is just too much.
The music is fun for a few repeats but quickly becomes immensely tedious. Far too repetitive. The audio for the intro is laughably out of sync.
There's no room for upgrades until the Space Age; everything gets replaced. The specials are useless until you can't advance further.
The Space Age is also the longest part because you simply stagnate. What I loathe with all these games is that there's only one future age. More ages would be sweet.
The turrets suffer the same issues as the upgrades: they'll just have to be replaced, so why bother?
All in all, focus the content around the future a bit more, add different music for different ages and you have a deal. I rate it 8.5/10.

killersup10
killersup10
2,747 posts

@Gantic This is harder than I thought... What is there left to explain though? I told you what I think it needs to get a perfect score. Therefore explaining myself... What do I need to explain? :P

Lool at the users that have graduated. Then use the same format that they did.
Gantic
Gantic
11,780 posts

Will get to everyone tomorrow.

Fair warning: SIPPYCUpS will be closing soon.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,481 posts

Fair warning: SIPPYCUpS will be closing soon.

Temporarily for the Holidays?
Gantic
Gantic
11,780 posts

No, until the end of IW2CYMP, which is returning in January!

killersup10
killersup10
2,747 posts

IW2CYMP

Because everyone knows what that means...
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
792 posts

I give this game a solid 7.
I like how this game gives a positive piloting experience!
The fun is wrapped into flights and the terrain shows the wide spread places your plane flies. The hardness of the game helps the thirst for the GREAT touchdown. The game gives troubles like gears jam and it helps bring the great thrill for adventure trying to land! The game gets better as you upgrade your plane and make it easier to control. I think this game should be one of the Top games on this site and I believe that because of the difficulty it has a lower rank. I highly encourage everyone to experience this epic flight simulating game and I hope you can touchdown. Keep trying and have fun in this 7/10 (for me) GAME! It is very difficult because most flights end in disaster because the p,lane is so hard to land so that brings it down 3 notches.

The controls: are easy to use and if you are in a pinch hit p for pause The great thing is they are spread far and wide, but they are easy to use! This contributes to the realness of having a real dashboard!

This game truly sucks you in because It keeps you wanting to fly and earn your pay! The game graphics easily sweep you into the realism of the game and epicness of the plot to get your passengers to safety and not having them all dead or hurt which is hard to do just makes the plot even better. The smoke and the great sounds make the experience very awesome. To really experience this game you need to spend a good deal of time on it! great game and Play on.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,481 posts

IW2CYMP
[quote]Because everyone knows what that means...
[/quote]

I know what it means! I saw it on his bio, checked out the previous episodes and loved it, so I remembered it. Oh yeah, I guess you might want to know what it is then, very well. It stands for: I Want To See Your Mental Poop
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,274 posts

@Gantic, can you look at my review please? It's closing soon so I want to get it over with. Also, why isn't this stickied?

Gantic
Gantic
11,780 posts

@Nerdsoft Format it like normal.
@Blackbeltr0 You have a comma in plane for no reason.
P2 L1 I don't know why you added the colon after "The controls".
P2 L1 You're missing a period.
P3 L1 "It" is capitalized for no reason.
P3 L5. Capitalization is all wrong in the last sentence.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
792 posts

I give this game a solid 7.
I like how this game gives a positive piloting experience!
The fun is wrapped into flights and the terrain shows the wide spread places your plane flies. The hardness of the game helps the thirst for the GREAT touchdown. The game gives troubles like gears jam and it helps bring the great thrill for adventure trying to land! The game gets better as you upgrade your plane and make it easier to control. I think this game should be one of the Top games on this site and I believe that because of the difficulty it has a lower rank. I highly encourage everyone to experience this epic flight simulating game and I hope you can touchdown. Keep trying and have fun in this 7/10 (for me) GAME! It is very difficult because most flights end in disaster because the plane is so hard to land so that brings it down 3 notches.

The controls are easy to use and if you are in a pinch hit p for pause. The great thing is they are spread far and wide, but they are easy to use! This contributes to the realness of having a real dashboard!

This game truly sucks you in because it keeps you wanting to fly and earn your pay! The game graphics easily sweep you into the realism of the game and epicness of the plot to get your passengers to safety and not having them all dead or hurt which is hard to do just makes the plot even better. The smoke and the great sounds make the experience very awesome. To really experience this game you need to spend a good deal of time on it! Great game and play on.

Corrected and i will be posting this on Tu

Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
278 posts

Im in! what do we do and how to start?

Gantic
Gantic
11,780 posts

@Blackbeltr0 Coolio. I think you're good to go.
@Mickeyryn First thing you have to do is to pick a game that is not under the MMO category and play it. When you finish playing it write your opinions about it. Write about what you liked about the game and why, what you didn't like and why, and how the game could be better.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
792 posts

Thanks for everything Gantic! Great to have you show the way! merry Christmas!

Showing 286-300 of 300