ForumsNewcomers ForumSIPPYCUpS: the comment merit guarantee!

300 30258
Gantic
Gantic
11,752 posts

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpS.png

Welcome to SIPPYCUpS, the comment merit guarantee!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSWhat.png
SIPPYCUpS (aka the Self-Improvement Program Promoting Your Comment Upgrade Success) is an introduction to the world of game comment merits. Game comment merits are given to superb game reviews, of which you could be one of many writers! SIPPYCUpS will help you on your way to your very first merit. If you want to earn merits, but don't know where to start, SIPPYCUpS is a good place. You write, we review, you learn! When you complete SIPPYCUpS, you will earn your guaranteed merit right away! And you'll also know what it takes it write great game comments and maybe earn more merits on your own.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSJoin.png
It's easy to join SIPPYCUpS! Just sign up in this thread. SIPPYCUpS is available to everyone who has not already completed SIPPYCUpS, but only users with 0 merits before signing up can earn the merit right away after completing SIPPYCUpS.*

*If users have merits from sources other than game comments, they must link to all comments containing the merits. Should that total be equal to the merit count upon enrollment, that user will be eligible for the merit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSStart.png
Once you are approved for SIPPYCuPS, you are ready to start!
1.) Read Up about merits if you haven't already. Don't worry. It isn't a long read.
2.) Look Up a game you like and play it through. Take notes as you play.
3.) Write Up a review of it. Don't know where to start? We'll help you with that.
4.) Proof Up your review and correct any mistakes. This is an important step.
5.) Post Up your review in this thread. A SIPPYCUpS representative will review your review.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSGrow.png
Once your review has been reviewed by a representative of SIPPYCUpS, you can start improving your review by looking at the suggestions. Do you need to work on your grammar? Do you need to add something to your review? Do you need to rewrite for clarity? Learn from these suggestions! Repeat.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSLevel.png
Once your final review has been approved, you have leveled up with SIPPYCUpS! Now you know what it takes to write a great game comment. Post your review to the game and earn your well-deserved merit. You can now use what you learned to write better comments in the future and maybe earn more merits, and you'll know you earned these on your own. You now also qualify for SIPPYCUpS+ Premium Advantage!

• 300 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,229 posts

They're comments for a merit. You can't get merits on other websites.

Runescape124
Runescape124
3,028 posts

They're comments for a merit. You can't get merits on other websites.

Oh....Well, I'll still join. Has The Arrow of Time been picked yet? I'll take it.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,479 posts

Well I kept some mind notes about the game and was thinking of the review as I played it. Well, here it is.

As I start the game I'm immediately intrigued by the setting of the menu, followed other graphical curiosities. The first of which is the character. A blank canvas of a person, his blank profile gives him an air of mystery, but you can easily tell that he is the good guy by the fact that he is white as opposed to the usual black and the pose you find him in at the start of the chapters and when he sits idle.

The gameplay was quite enjoyable for those who like this type of game. You run and jump to get to the end of the "chapter", but the shaking of the screen and the tricky obstacles keep you entertained and paying attention. Each chapter of the game kept the same feel as the last one but without being monotonous credited to the new, tricky and fun obstacles that each progressing mission provides.

You find as you continue in the mission that you are about to kill a monster, but first you must climb to the top to hit him at his critical spot located at the top. Getting to the top is no easy feet though, you must go up, down, left and right to get there.

Kudos to you for making the body parts that you climb up and the monsters' full outward appearance go together and not be contradictory to each other. I also think that the job you did on making the levels hard and innovative are so good that I had the tendency to forget that I was climbing a monster, but that feeling of being on a monster was preserved by to things.
The shaking screen followed/accompanied by roaring and finding the weak spot and stabbing and killing it at the end of each chapter.

The music, odd at times, does help intensify the whole thing and put it together nicely. I find that the removal of the music as you go underwater sells the effect of being underwater.

The story was good. It was short, sweet and to the point, but not so much that you don't get to appreciate it. The story part was long enough that you got a good idea as to what was going on but short enough to hold back complaint of it being too gameplay-interrupting. At the end of the story was what I thought was a nice and, in a way, pleasant story twist. I won't go into details about the story but I will say that it's good and kept you paying attention to it.

By the time I first finished it I was ready for the game to be over, but after playing it through for a second time my only complaint is that it wasn't longer.

Tony did a great job on this game, one of my favorites of over 800 that I've tried, I give it a solid 9/10.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,479 posts

Oh....Well, I'll still join. Has The Arrow of Time been picked yet? I'll take it.

It matters not if someone else has chosen it. It only matters that you make the review yourself.
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts

The game that I'm choosing to write a review on is: "Light People On Fire."

===========================================================

This game reminded me of games like Infectonator in the sense that all the figures and graphics in this game are poorly drawn and crude, yet even though the graphics aren't the best, it suits the game well. This game had also reminded me of Infectonator in the sense that when your character that is on fire touches other people they get "lit up" as well and die, and in Infectonator when your chosen zombies maul other people they become zombies.

Now on to the constructive criticism.

Pros:
1. Usually I disapprove of games that are black and white because I usually find them to be dreary and boring, not in this case though, I thought it was quite classic and added a touch of originality.

2. One of the best things about this game was the music! I loved how it goes from the screaming cries of the doomed (people lit on fire) to the calm and serene music when you turn into a tree. The sharp contrast in the settings and overall environment I found to be quite awesome.

Cons:

1. This game is way to short. I mean, it's only sixty seconds long, exactly! I would advise you to make a story mode seeing as how most games do have one, and that you've never seen some one complain because there was a story line, however you do see people complain about games that lack a story line.

2. I would suggest you do something sort of like "sandbox mode," I have to say that would be fun. Just going around and killing people by setting them on fire in a manner that is never-ending!

3. One seriously problem with this game is that it gets boring to fast. The reason that this game becomes boring quickly is because the whole game is black and white, there are no bonuses to obtain, the music and screaming is the same the whole game, there are no upgrades to obtain and you only repeat the same thing every 60 seconds, nothing new ever arises...

4. The "view high scores" button only brings you to another website that is titled: [url]http://ww5.rankz.armorbot.com/LightPeopleonFire/[/url] where it doesn't even show you your high score. I found that incredibly annoying.

5. This game would be better if there were upgrades, for example some okay upgrades would be; to move your flaming person faster, spawn more people more quickly, or yet another upgrade could be for the rain to be more effective and help you grow faster when you're in tree mode.

6. You could make the game so that it's the players choice of how long the match is instead of just sixty seconds.

All in all, 4/10 rating.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,113 posts

I will sign up

two other merits the spam bot

and the armatar glitch.

with the way SFH 2 is looking, I may or not do that, I may do something else (like colony or civilization wars)

for now I will start on colony.

~~~Darth Caedus

70_70_70
70_70_70
398 posts

@Gantic: I just came up with some Qs:

1. Is it possible for an user to change to change their registered game? In mah case is it ok for me to change PC PvP to other game?

2. When an user choose a game to comment, is it necessary to be a HIGH RATED game? or choose some low rated game, but for u it s gud so u rate higher than that standard?
If it s ok, I may change mine into steak and jake lah XD

@ImTheMostManlyMan: ur above comment for Heir seems cool XD

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
894 posts

There isn't any deadline we need to have the review in for, no?

xerox
xerox
715 posts

Ah Sorry, i get sometimes the words wrong, because I'm from non English speaking country, but i suppose i have no mistakes. When i see something underlined in red i fix it.

xerox
xerox
715 posts

Today i played this game, and i was thinking... Why everyone vote so much on this game, i mean, look at it! Yes its by John, and has that cute little elephant, but come on! It's not that good :/

Graphics
The graphics are in the same, awesome style as always. That jumping elephant, the carts that go BOOM after they are destroyed, the cannons... Credits are also well made, with pictures of some of the the items, but the sword is missing, although there is a representative of the staffs and the Guns.

Storyline and Purpose of the game

Well the purpose is quiet simple - Run, Destroy and Loot... But that's it. That is the whole story. The truth is, that after 50 carts destroyed, the game gets just boring :/ From non stop action and explosions, we get to one hit kill boringness. This gets us to the weapons. the sword, is most weak weapon of them all. To use it you have to get as close as possible to the carts and to the cannons, and this leads to... well you know, QUICK AND PAINFUL DEATH!!!!
(And after you die, you are alive for some reason, no punishments, nothing, just the carts are back to full health :/) Next is the Gun. It shoots fast, but sadly does also low damage..
Finally the staffs... They are just Overpowered! I could one shot kill all the cannons and all the carts after 40th cart :/.... when i destroyed everything, the boss appeared and SURPRISE, i one shot kill him too.

Basically the game is fun at the start, but the repeating(Shooting, getting loot,shooting) gets boring too fast.

Bugs

Not much bugs, but sometimes, the items just pop out , when you grab a different item.. you have them on you and just grab that gray item but then you don't like it and trow it out and your red(Legendary) item, just pops out if his place for no reason, in place of the gray item, like their places are changed... But its fixed easily by re equipping the red item.

Rating

Well now most of the things are fine(except that sometimes the explosions of destroyed carts of the train, hide the bullets, and you get hit).

I would give 75/100 only because i respect the creator, and if i was not out of USA i would totally buy the plush. But the game overall is not for the experienced player, but for the mostly average, who like mindless shooters, and collecting stuff.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suppose now it has no mistakes, but sadly "boringness" Is still underlined in red. In Google, it appears to be right so i don't know why :/

xerox
xerox
715 posts

Oh yes, i forgot the punctualization and capitalization.... Well, i put Capital letters in some words to make them sound more important, and some words i put Entirely into Capitals, to show how even more important they are. The punctuation is really hard, because i have no idea, where to put ,

70_70_70
70_70_70
398 posts

hmm, so many nice game comments was made, imo i like xerox's cmt most coz he separates the parts so nice XD
but let s wait for the evaluation of Mr.Gantic lah XD

zonic98
zonic98
549 posts

I can't do this because I already have a merit..?

royalguy
royalguy
149 posts

Colony

Immediately the game starts with you thrown into the game as Captain Baylet and must save the Colony through 6 missions.Then master the game against the CPUs. After that maybe you have what it takes to go into the dog eat dog world of online play and beat the master MBA.

Pros:
1. This game has decent graphics.
2. The game is very playable and doesn't get hard to fast.
3. It has a fantastic online mode with a great community of people still playing it.
4. It can be played over and over again with you trying to come up with new strategies to beat the computer on hard hard.
5. This game has 7 buildings 17 units and 46 buttons to press in the whole game that means this game is simple very simple but 46 buttons that all do different things means the combinations are endless.
6. The computer mode is fun for when no one is online.

Cons
1: There are only 17 units that means this game is tiny and people think they have mastered it in an hour after beating the campaign.
2. The campaign is too short only 6 missions long.
3. The campaign for experienced players is too easy.
4. In the computer mode you don't see your own weaknesses because as you play on higher and higher levels the computer doesn't get stronger it just cheats more and more.
5. As you get deeper into gmes it becomes a huge saveup of units and the graphics and game engine will fall apart when someone attacks ruining some games.
6. There are hackers everywhere in online play and the game is filled with little glitches that can be used to cheat.

All in all this game is fantastic an endless pit of fun with online play.
10/10 The best game on AG and one of the most favorited games on AG.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,161 posts

I'll join too. I'll try to write a review as soon as I can. Just a question: can I post here a review I wrote several months ago? I guess the answer is no, but I have to ask...

Showing 31-45 of 300