ForumsNewcomers ForumSIPPYCUpS: the comment merit guarantee!

300 30271
Gantic
Gantic
11,754 posts

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpS.png

Welcome to SIPPYCUpS, the comment merit guarantee!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSWhat.png
SIPPYCUpS (aka the Self-Improvement Program Promoting Your Comment Upgrade Success) is an introduction to the world of game comment merits. Game comment merits are given to superb game reviews, of which you could be one of many writers! SIPPYCUpS will help you on your way to your very first merit. If you want to earn merits, but don't know where to start, SIPPYCUpS is a good place. You write, we review, you learn! When you complete SIPPYCUpS, you will earn your guaranteed merit right away! And you'll also know what it takes it write great game comments and maybe earn more merits on your own.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSJoin.png
It's easy to join SIPPYCUpS! Just sign up in this thread. SIPPYCUpS is available to everyone who has not already completed SIPPYCUpS, but only users with 0 merits before signing up can earn the merit right away after completing SIPPYCUpS.*

*If users have merits from sources other than game comments, they must link to all comments containing the merits. Should that total be equal to the merit count upon enrollment, that user will be eligible for the merit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSStart.png
Once you are approved for SIPPYCuPS, you are ready to start!
1.) Read Up about merits if you haven't already. Don't worry. It isn't a long read.
2.) Look Up a game you like and play it through. Take notes as you play.
3.) Write Up a review of it. Don't know where to start? We'll help you with that.
4.) Proof Up your review and correct any mistakes. This is an important step.
5.) Post Up your review in this thread. A SIPPYCUpS representative will review your review.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSGrow.png
Once your review has been reviewed by a representative of SIPPYCUpS, you can start improving your review by looking at the suggestions. Do you need to work on your grammar? Do you need to add something to your review? Do you need to rewrite for clarity? Learn from these suggestions! Repeat.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSLevel.png
Once your final review has been approved, you have leveled up with SIPPYCUpS! Now you know what it takes to write a great game comment. Post your review to the game and earn your well-deserved merit. You can now use what you learned to write better comments in the future and maybe earn more merits, and you'll know you earned these on your own. You now also qualify for SIPPYCUpS+ Premium Advantage!

• 300 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,480 posts

I can't do this because I already have a merit..?

Depends, how did you get your merit?
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,312 posts

Only a game comment merit disqualifies you. If you have contest and/or bug report merits, you need to link to each merit.
Cenere
Cenere
13,744 posts

To quote the opening post:
SIPPYCUpS is available to everyone who has not already completed SIPPYCUpS, but only users with 0 merits before signing up can earn the merit right away after completing SIPPYCUpS.*

So, you can do it, unless you have already completed the course. You won't get a merit, if you have already received a game merit.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,684 posts

I'll sign up. However like Kegaumongo, what if I've already tried for merits and saved my comments in text documents? Would I be able to start off with those and just tweak them a little, or would I have to start on a completely blank slate?

Relating to that, what if I've made a comment on a game not necessarily merit-worthy but still had a decent amount of information in it as to not be spam? Would I be able to do the same game and make a completely new comment for a merit or would I have to choose a different game that I haven't commented on at all?

Top choices would be Colony, Sonny 2, Loved, however I've already tried for merits on all of those, hence them being top choices.

Other choices could be Dodge, Bubble Tanks 2, Electric Man II, Raze 2, Stick War, Epic Battle Fantasy 3, Death vs Monsters II, and more of my faves.

Gantic
Gantic
11,754 posts

Note 1: You cannot use BBCode in the comments (That means no bold or italics), and there will not be spaces between paragraphs. The formatting most of you are choosing may look terrible in the comments. Please test them out in your own comments and click view all comments to see if you are satisfied with the way it looks.

REPLIES:
@70_70_70 It doesn't matter what game you pick. I'm not keeping track of what games you guys are picking. If I can't tell from your review, it's not going to be a good review.
@GhostOfHorror You can take as long as you'd like.
@xerox Your grammar might be an issue. You should have someone proofread for you.
@zonic98 Anyone can do this, but if you already have a merit from a game comment, you cannot earn the guaranteed merit. If it's not a merit from a game comment, you need to submit proof.
@keguamongo Sure thing.

REVIEWS:
@Patrick2011 Why do you like the graphics (L1) and menu (L3)? Rate of difficulty increase (L1-2) and goal reached message (L2) are specific. Graphics and menu are not. If you can't say why or if it can't be inferred, it's best to leave it out because it doesn't add value. The following sounds like a fluff sentence: "The screen is not too big, and lag is not an issue with this game." I'm not sure what it adds. You can probably leave out the goal reached message unless you really really like it. A game about reaching a goal and not telling you you reached the goal would be bad, but if it did tell you, then that's just par for the course. You're also contradicting yourself. This is a problem with a lot of reviews that look good on the surface but do not read as well. You like the rate of difficult increase (L1-2) but late game is too difficult (L7)? That's how it's reading.
@ImTheMostManlyMan I am not at all following your logic behind the paragraph breaks. It just makes it harder to read.
@VonHeisenbourg You have to take into account that Light People on Fire is an older game and that there is a sequel. Achievements weren't a "thing" back then for flash games. Armorbotz was replaced some time later with the current Armor Game high score board.
@xerox It's not bad. There are grammar and punctuation problems, but it's still understandable. You're using too many ellipses, extra periods, and commas. Capitalize the first word beginning a sentence. Capitalize "I". Put a space between punctuation and the next word. Put a space between a word and opening parentheses. Uncapitalize Guns (L3). Remove the comma after "is" (Storyline L2). Remove the comma after "sword" (Storyline L3). Use "weakest" instead of "most weak" (Storyline L3). The "Storyline" section could just be one paragraph. Remove the comma after "out" (Bugs L1) "It's" stands for "it is". Its is possessive like his or her (Bugs L3). Your rating is really arbitrary and doesn't add anything to the review.
@royalguy List format isn't going to work out. Lists are almost always a crutch in place of something more cohesive. Pro 1 and Con 5 talk about the same thing. Pro 3 and Con 6 talk about multiplayer. There's also discussion on campaign and computer modes. You can combine related pros and cons into better cohesive paragraphs.

ROSTER:
70_70_70
EmperorPalpatine
fantasy4life*
GhostOfHorror
ImTheMostManlyMan
Jacen96
kegaumongo
Patrick2011
R2D21999
royalguy
Runescape124
trying
VonHeisenbourg
vinster132
xeano321
xerox
xXxDAPRO89xXx
*Ineligible for SIPPYCUpS merit guarantee.

Please let me know if I've missed anyone. This is and will be a big thread.

fantasy4life
fantasy4life
1,917 posts

Gantic, you can scratch me off your list, my merit is probably from a game comment.
And it's nice to see how a lot of people are trying hard to write proper feedback for a game

Cenere
Cenere
13,744 posts

Gantic, you can scratch me off your list, my merit is probably from a game comment.
And it's nice to see how a lot of people are trying hard to write proper feedback for a game

Are people really only participating because they want the free merit involved and not because they want to learn more and participate (and perhaps be able to teach others the way of the above average comment)?
All things considered, they might even learn how to write such good comments they don't need the guarantee...
Weird.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,684 posts

I think you may have missed my post from the new glitch probably, because I'm not on the roster.

From your reply, so I can just copy and paste my original comments with some small tweaks and then wait for feedback?

Gantic
Gantic
11,754 posts

@Cenere Says the guy with like 0 game comment merits.
@soccerdude2 I'll put you on the next time I update it. You could do that if you want, but I think it's better tow just write a new one.

fantasy4life
fantasy4life
1,917 posts

Are people really only participating because they want the free merit involved and not because they want to learn more and participate (and perhaps be able to teach others the way of the above average comment)?
Not all of them. But it's good motivation. Like when your dog does a trick in anticipation of a reward...pretty accurate analogy in my opinion.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,480 posts

So when does the critiquing start?

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts

@VonHeisenbourg You have to take into account that Light People on Fire is an older game and that there is a sequel. Achievements weren't a "thing" back then for flash games. Armorbotz was replaced some time later with the current Armor Game high score board.

Ah, so did you want me to review a different game or edit this review?
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,312 posts

So when does the critiquing start?

Critiquing starts when you write your review and Gantic sees it. In fact, your review has already been critiqued as follows:

I am not at all following your logic behind the paragraph breaks. It just makes it harder to read.
danielhuy
danielhuy
1 posts

i have 0 merits so i believe i can be eligible to this.
Now my game is [b]Upgrade Complete 2,so what do i do next?

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,480 posts

Critiquing starts when you write your review and Gantic sees it. In fact, your review has already been critiqued as follows:

So he has, I didn't see that before.

I am not at all following your logic behind the paragraph breaks. It just makes it harder to read.

So fewer paragraph breaks?
Showing 46-60 of 300