Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Are there ways to buy stuff online without a credit/debit card?

Posted Nov 16, '12 at 5:21pm

Gamer_Cale

Gamer_Cale

1,427 posts

At my house no one in my family will buy me stuff off online even if I give them the money upfront so I was wondering if there are any ways I can use to buy stuff off online I heard you can get some sort of giftcard that you can use as a debit/credit card but don't know where to find one so if someone could help I can finally order some stuff off online

Posted Nov 16, '12 at 5:25pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

PayPal used to have some way to pay for stuff online with cash and checks. I don't know if they still do.

Otherwise, gift cars like iTunes music cards will always do the trick.

Posted Nov 16, '12 at 5:31pm

IAgreeWithYou

IAgreeWithYou

531 posts

There are some pre-paid cards that can be transferred to paypal I think. I see them everywhere.

Posted Nov 16, '12 at 5:57pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

440 posts

Pre-paid cards, yes. I think there are ones that function the same way debit cards do, except once you use them up, they can be disposed. Don't think there is a need for PayPal account setup. I believe you can find them at most retailer stores, as well as large supermarket chains.

Posted Nov 16, '12 at 6:06pm

fantasy4life

fantasy4life

1,937 posts

There is mobile payment, if what you're looking to buy supports SMS micropayments. They aren't always safe though; check for testimonials with SMS payments from whatever site you're looking for and be sure it's safe.
Again, I can't stress this enough, but have a good look at the site you're trying to buy from and see if they are trusted or not. A credible sitee like armor games is trusted, but no matter what the reputation always check for possible scams or frauds when giving out your information.

Posted Nov 16, '12 at 6:08pm

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

900 posts

Is there any website in particular you're looking to purchase stuff on or is it just online in general?

Posted Nov 16, '12 at 8:37pm

Gamer_Cale

Gamer_Cale

1,427 posts

Pre-paid cards, yes. I think there are ones that function the same way debit cards do, except once you use them up, they can be disposed. Don't think there is a need for PayPal account setup. I believe you can find them at most retailer stores, as well as large supermarket chains.

Does anyone know of a shop in the UK that sells these? I haven't been able to find any online.

Is there any website in particular you're looking to purchase stuff on or is it just online in general?

I am wanting to buy from scan.co.uk and greenmangaming.com both are great websites and have the lowest price for the stuff I am after.

Otherwise, gift cars like iTunes music cards will always do the trick.

Are you saying that I can use an iTunes card as a credit card?

Posted Nov 16, '12 at 8:51pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

Are you saying that I can use an iTunes card as a credit card?

No, buy an iTunes music card a physical store with cash. Then redeem it for stuff on the iTunes store.

Posted Nov 17, '12 at 2:07pm

Gamer_Cale

Gamer_Cale

1,427 posts

No, buy an iTunes music card a physical store with cash. Then redeem it for stuff on the iTunes store.

Didn't think so that doesn't help me at all then

Posted Nov 17, '12 at 2:12pm

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

900 posts

Does anyone know of a shop in the UK that sells these?

Don't know of any offhand, though I could almost swear you can get them here in Ireland. Have you tried googling it?

If you don't find any shop that you can purchasing a pre-paid card in, you could always add to your Christmas list if it isn't something that you need right away.

Reply to Are there ways to buy stuff online without a credit/debit card?

You must be logged in to post a reply!