ForumsThe TavernAre there ways to buy stuff online without a credit/debit card?

9 3065
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

At my house no one in my family will buy me stuff off online even if I give them the money upfront so I was wondering if there are any ways I can use to buy stuff off online I heard you can get some sort of giftcard that you can use as a debit/credit card but don't know where to find one so if someone could help I can finally order some stuff off online

• 9 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

PayPal used to have some way to pay for stuff online with cash and checks. I don't know if they still do.

Otherwise, gift cars like iTunes music cards will always do the trick.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

There are some pre-paid cards that can be transferred to paypal I think. I see them everywhere.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Pre-paid cards, yes. I think there are ones that function the same way debit cards do, except once you use them up, they can be disposed. Don't think there is a need for PayPal account setup. I believe you can find them at most retailer stores, as well as large supermarket chains.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Is there any website in particular you're looking to purchase stuff on or is it just online in general?

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Pre-paid cards, yes. I think there are ones that function the same way debit cards do, except once you use them up, they can be disposed. Don't think there is a need for PayPal account setup. I believe you can find them at most retailer stores, as well as large supermarket chains.

Does anyone know of a shop in the UK that sells these? I haven't been able to find any online.

Is there any website in particular you're looking to purchase stuff on or is it just online in general?

I am wanting to buy from scan.co.uk and greenmangaming.com both are great websites and have the lowest price for the stuff I am after.

Otherwise, gift cars like iTunes music cards will always do the trick.

Are you saying that I can use an iTunes card as a credit card?
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Are you saying that I can use an iTunes card as a credit card?

No, buy an iTunes music card a physical store with cash. Then redeem it for stuff on the iTunes store.
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

No, buy an iTunes music card a physical store with cash. Then redeem it for stuff on the iTunes store.

Didn't think so that doesn't help me at all then
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Does anyone know of a shop in the UK that sells these?

Don't know of any offhand, though I could almost swear you can get them here in Ireland. Have you tried googling it?

If you don't find any shop that you can purchasing a pre-paid card in, you could always add to your Christmas list if it isn't something that you need right away.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I'm part of a site called swagbucks...it works like a regular search engine, but you have a chance of winning "swagbucks" (the sites currency which you can use to buy items from their store) when you search with it (among other ways of earning swagbucks)

Also..it isn't a scam...I've bought an item from it before and got it about a week later. So it is legitimate

Man...I sound like a scammer...

Showing 1-9 of 9