ForumsThe TavernTo be the other gender?

133 24794
Superior101
Superior101
74 posts
Peasant

Which gender would you prefer to be? List your pros and cons or whatever reasons you may have for liking that gender. Please try not to be sexist or make rude remarks about another gender. Personally, I would prefer to be a boy (and I am) because I just like it better and couldn't imagine myself as a girl.

• 133 Replies
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

oh id also like to point out girls arent dumb, i consider myself very intelligent-top of most of my classes.

The famous "he/she's not dumb cause she's top of her class". The grades you get mean nothing. Literally, nothing (not that I'm insinuating that getting good grades is bad, and that you're stupid or anything, no no). At best, I was a C+ student throughout Primary school and most of high school, but now I'm living the dream off of my own money, wherever I basically want (Bali at the moment!) while still studying to be a pilot. Most of my peers that were A students and all that have it worse than me. And that says a lot

What matters, though, is intelligence. Of course, grades and all that have correlation to future success, but only having good grades isn't good enough.

As for living in the world of a woman for a day, I'd probably hate it. There's so many things my wife rants and worries about and it just seems too much a hassle. She worries about her hair (everywhere) all the time, clothes, shoes, and I don't know what else. Too much for me to handle.
MagicTree
MagicTree
749 posts
Nomad

The more I think about it, the more I like the prospect of being a girl. I think I am 80% sure I would like to be a girl permanently.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

i dont think girls really need to be &quotrotected" by guys, we can take care of ourselves u know. im a girl and thats the way i like it. id like to be a guy for a day, just to see what itd be like.

Ugh...not these sentences...

"I don't need to be protected by a man! I can do things myself and take care of myself!"
*man doesn't hold door open for girl*
"Seriously?! Not holding a door open for a girl?! ****ing pig"
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

i dont think girls really need to be &quotrotected" by guys, we can take care of ourselves u know.

Sorry...I meant to only quote this
JuicyFruits
JuicyFruits
171 posts
Nomad

What Katnip28 said is ALL true.From being a girl its exactly like it. Girls can be dramatic and annoying at times, but not all the time. Some girls can be emotional so watch out for that. Not all girls think they have to have a boyfriend,be the most popular at school, and just all that. Girls are also not that dumb!Ha there is some pretty smart ones (including me). Being a girl I think I would actually like to stay one........but im not quite sure....

ilovemoney249
ilovemoney249
813 posts
Nomad

I prefer guy. Can't stand the downstairs maintenance. Just saying.

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

Ha there is some pretty smart ones (including me).

I'm not denying that there aren't smart women on this world, because there's plenty of them that are smarter and more rationale than I will ever be. But don't self-proclaim yourself to be smart. It sounds snobby as hell, and you can't know for sure whether you're truly smart or not.

In comparison to teenagers, I'm smart. In comparison to my peers, I'm maybe 1/10th smarter than the average person my age. In comparison to my professors, I'm a bloody moron.
ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

Because I am not the "typical" guy, I would just stick with staying my own gender and staying me. Plus, my graph making is kicking in... so I will make the pros and cons of being a girl and being a boy. This is just my opinion, but I think it is pretty accurate.
This is only the "average" traits though some people are the exception to a few of these.

Pros of being a boy: Um, there is one particular pro and con I am skipping... it is understood though. So moving on, you do not have the pain of child birthing (yes, I said child birthing). People seem less sexist towards men, at least from what I know.

Cons of being a boy: You mature later on average (not physically... though true. I mean mentally), most boys I know do not really comprehend the fullness of life, they are more prideful and have more of a if-you-can-do-it-I-can-do-it-better type of arogence.

Pros of being a girl: You are smarter (on average), you will likely be favored and get things as a child (that is not a average... it is practically a fact), you are naturally neater (and don't get teased when you are neat) You are a LOT less prideful, but seem less secure in yourselves. more rational

Cons: um, pain when you give birth, More sexist people against women, girls seem to gossip more though I think both sexes are bad at that, Less security and less of a strong mindset (I see girls break down quicker then guys).

Now, there are exceptions. My sister is probably the strongest girl I have seen (physically and mentally). I also now one very secure person in themselves (who is female). And I am actually very neat and I have a deeper thought pattern then most guys my age.

Sorry for the terrible grammar, but I typed this in a hurry.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I feel like girls have to worry about a bunch of more **** than men, so I'd rather stay a guy.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I feel like girls have to worry about a bunch of more **** than men,

Actually that's more of a matter of life than gender, but I do see what your trying to get at.
killer3579
killer3579
26 posts
Nomad

Ehh i think i might try it out the othere gender but it would be fun?

Katnip28
Katnip28
24 posts
Nomad

Ugh...not these sentences...
"I don't need to be protected by a man! I can do things myself and take care of myself!"
*man doesn't hold door open for girl*
"Seriously?! Not holding a door open for a girl?! ****ing pig"

what i ment by saying girls dont have to be &quotrotected" by guys is that we aren't helpless little dolls. we can stand up for ourselves and we don't need as much protection as typical guys assume we do. not all girls get mad if a guy doesnt hold open a door or something. that's just being polite and gentleman-like, not a big deal. we can do things for ourself, but apreciate being treated like a lady too. Idk if what i said makes sense to any guy, but it makes sense to me so yeah whatever

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Now that i think about this in depth.

Well. I wouldn't want to be a girl as they always care about there appearance and all that... ;P As a guy though. I can just be myself. Not care about all that other stuff.

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

Too much work to be female, what with the menstual cycle and all. Plus you have a chance of becoming pregnant after sex, and are stuck carrying a parasite for nine months (though I love them once they're born).

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

stuck carrying a parasite for nine months

You basically just called yourself a parasite. Good job.
Showing 91-105 of 133