ForumsSupport ForumMMOs on AG

46 7358
EagleOfFire2
EagleOfFire2
125 posts
Shepherd

Now, I really dislike MMOs. It is really the kind of game I think should not happen at all for a flash game. Doesn't make sense in any ways and there is already so many of this kind of games flooding sites like Facebook and whatever... But even then, there is still sometimes gems in genres I loathe which make them worthwhile to play. And of course you can't know that without trying them.

So that new Pirate MMO look interesting to me. That's a theme (space exploration and combat etc) which I like. So I thought, I guess I'll give it a try to see if it's any good.

Now, here's the problem: please explain to me how I'm supposed to stop thinking that MMOs are crap if they don't even start or launch if I want to try them?

When I click on the icon to start the game, I'm brought back to the exact same page I was before.

• 46 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

It is part of my computer security system and never deactivating those is what made my computer completely virus and problem free for 10 years.

I think I found your problem...your computer is 10 years old. That is dinosaur age in computer time

i agree with eagle these mmo`s are mostly rushed and not fun

Um...excuse me? How did you get MMO's are rushed from a discussion about why MMO's are not working for him?
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I don't mind you comparing me to that developer because of my suggestion. Think it's rather funny, so thanx for sharing that short story! =)

As for your problem... I have to agree on what pang said... don't you think it might be your computer's CPU that is simply choking on the amount of data it needs to swallow?
I too have an older computer with a Dual Core CPU and it is already choking when I try to run 2 things simultaniously, so I imagine a 10 yo computer must have even more problems with coping to the data stream...

And you say other games and websites run smooth, without any hickups or freezes occurring while loading or playing at all? =/

EagleOfFire2
EagleOfFire2
125 posts
Shepherd

And you say other games and websites run smooth, without any hickups or freezes occurring while loading or playing at all? =/

Exactly.

Someone stating that an old computer can't be just as efficient as a brand new computer simply know squat about computers. Most new "modern" computers are actually built slower than the one I have here, cared for and maintained over the years.

Please emphasize most.

The problem I am experiencing is clearly not due to a computer power or resource shortage. There is plenty of games in AG that play a little slow on my computer and I never complain about them, knowing that my computer do age (even if quite well).

The whole problem, again, simply come from the fact that the game itself refuse to load and the AG site redirect me to the same page over and over again.

I'm pretty sure if I had a direct link I could even try to make it work manually. But that would already be way too much trouble if that "fix" would mean I would have to do it on every MMO on the site. Something is clearly not working right.
InvalidUser123
InvalidUser123
39 posts
Shepherd

"The whole problem, again, simply come from the fact that the game itself refuse to load and the AG site redirect me to the same page over and over again."

Because you keep trying to navigate away from the page, instead of letting it load.

/problem

EagleOfFire2
EagleOfFire2
125 posts
Shepherd

*sigh*

I tested your ridiculous claim by keeping the window open for 45 minutes after hitting the &quotlay now" button.

Nothing changed.

Maybe you'll stop taking this problem for granted now.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

I hate constantly throwing random ideas at this problem, but have you tried playing the MMOs on the site on other sites, such as their official site?

http://pirategalaxy.com/

EagleOfFire2
EagleOfFire2
125 posts
Shepherd

Don't worry about random ideas.

Actually yes, but when I clicked on the link in AG it didn't work. Clicking on yours do work but I'd need to register an account there and it doesn't work either.

That's a whole different matter though. Probably that I need to activate JS for more than only their own site for the thing to work. And that again is not something I'm interested to do.

Might explain why it doesn't work on AG though.

RayVenge
RayVenge
2 posts
Peasant

does anyone here know how i can transfer my ag account to official spiral knights website account??

rieden
rieden
5 posts
Peasant

I love the dino storm

marley555
marley555
1 posts
Peasant

I've been playing The Last Stand: Dead Zone for about a week now. Today the game is refusing to load. Won't get past the "Loading Assets" spot. It's been like that all day.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I've been playing The Last Stand: Dead Zone for about a week now. Today the game is refusing to load. Won't get past the "Loading Assets" spot. It's been like that all day.

Updated all your computer shizz? (flash, java, etc) maybe change browsers

Or..their or your servers may just be goofin
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Most firewalls are designed badly for games, I do not suggest that you do not have the firewall. I suggest that you get a firewall that is game compatable.

EagleOfFire2
EagleOfFire2
125 posts
Shepherd

What you want is not a firewall which is game compatible. You want users who actually know what they are doing.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Not everybody can understand how firewalls function, and get them to function properly. Sometimes it's easier to just have them use a different firewall, or at least disable it to see if that is indeed the issue then try to resolve it.

But I understand what your saying Eagle.

EagleOfFire2
EagleOfFire2
125 posts
Shepherd

Yes, thank you.

I actually understand and see what you are saying too, but I'm in the "if you don't know how to use a tool then you should simply not do it" school of thought.

Which mean I think people who don't know how a computer work and are not willing to understand how it works or have it taught to them should downright now use them.

In your case, no firewall can automatically and arbitrary safely open a port to a program. It always require human supervision... Otherwise the whole point of having a firewall is utterly negated.

Showing 31-45 of 46