Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Unofficial "Dark Future Clan Writing Contest"

Posted Dec 2, '12 at 8:20pm

TDOG422

TDOG422

330 posts

I don't know if I'd like my stories to be critiqued by someone who can't even spell their themes right.

Sorry, I was in a rush, I'll be more careful next time. And the story can be any (reasonable) length you want.

Posted Dec 4, '12 at 10:48pm

killersup10

killersup10

1,789 posts

Ask yourself this, "Is this thread/forum going to make it past 5 pages"?

How many ASC users actually will take the time from their day to write a 3000 ( or around) story that will be buried in spam by the time the judging is done. Maybe you could add something too this whole thing to make it more interesting?

Posted Dec 5, '12 at 1:06am

ChromeDeathRazor

ChromeDeathRazor

305 posts

All this things going around...

Just sayin... All these arguments and stuff out there isn't really gonna help this thread... It all depends on this guy's commitment to the thread. Anyways, to help this guy, I am just going to write my entry...

Here it goes

The day of destiny has arrived. Clad in his valiant armour, wielding his legendary sword with great valor and peeping out through his brilliant helmet, Sir Ronald faced his greatest enemy he ever encountered; The Evil Dragon lord Clement, oppressor of mankind, slayer of justice and taker of purity. The ultimate battle between good and evil was at stake boiling lava scorched the nasty air of the evil king's lair.

"FOOL! You dare mock me by blabbering a challenge at me?! Your arrogance will be your downfall, Mortal!" The vicious marauder taunted at Ronald.

But Ronald took no heed of his boasts and swagger, his mind was only focused on 2 things; His beloved kingdom and his lovely princess, Marcel. With no second thoughts, Ronald struck the pre-emptive blow to Clement but with a swift parry, Ronald's blade was bounced off.

"FOOL! You think cheap shots will break me? Come at me like a man!"

A true melee then ensured as swords clashed together like thunderclaps across a stormy typhoon.

But the wind has changed, an uncounted strike flew towards the chest of Ronald. He fell to the floor with the macabre blade in his chest... and his vision started to blur... But strangely, to Ronald, it did not entirely fade... but instead, begun to re materialise...

Ronald woke up on a cardboard bed, and took a glimpse on the syringe on his arm, the brown fluid in it was gone...  There was no more left... The fantasy for him has died, but then, the terrible visions have begun to appear, visions of demons, fire, suffering and terror... Sir Ronald, fallen by the hands of the Evil Dragon Lord clement, for Ronald knew only pain, suffering and terror would only ensure those who chase the dark dragon...

Posted Dec 5, '12 at 8:10pm

TDOG422

TDOG422

330 posts

Thanks for the support bro! Really appreciate it!

How many ASC users actually will take the time from their day to write a 3000 ( or around) story that will be buried in spam by the time the judging is done.

I already said it doesn't need to be that long, just look at ChromeDeathRazor's post, great length. I really am giving the length option up to you.

Maybe you could add something too this whole thing to make it more interesting?

Maybe you could help me with that?

It all depends on this guy's commitment to the thread.

This post makes me feel like I could fly, I don't know why, but it does. Truly, thanks. And don't worry, this is going to be my main priority on AG now (and AG is something I go on at least 5 times a day).

Anyways, to help this guy, I am just going to write my entry...

Thank you! BTW great story!

Posted Dec 6, '12 at 3:33am

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

Thanks for the support bro! Really appreciate it!

It is a legit question.

I really am giving the length option up to you.

There still should be a designated length. (minimum and maximum)

Anyway. I like the idea of the thread, but I don't know if you're the right person to run it.

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 6:23pm

TDOG422

TDOG422

330 posts

It is a legit question.

Ya, but it's still kind of mean.

I like the idea of the thread, but I don't know if you're the right person to run it.

And why do you think that? (Serious question)

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 6:26pm

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

Ya, but it's still kind of mean.

Life is cruel.

And why do you think that?

Do you think you'd be capable of critiquing someone's grammar, punctuation and general story?

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 8:09pm

TDOG422

TDOG422

330 posts

Do you think you'd be capable of critiquing someone's grammar, punctuation and general story?

...Ya...and don't even bring up that theme thing again!

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 5:11pm

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

...Ya...and don't even bring up that theme thing again!

I had no intention of it, I forgot to mention spelling in that post, though.

Posted Dec 13, '12 at 3:38pm

ChromeDeathRazor

ChromeDeathRazor

305 posts

No offence but, this thread is kind of going nowhere... its been a week since my story and nobody is really interested in posting stories.

And you said that this thread would be you highest priority, but yet, I don't see any updates or anything. Maybe you could write in your own story to attract people?

Reply to The Unofficial "Dark Future Clan Writing Contest"

You must be logged in to post a reply!