ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Unofficial "Dark Future Clan Writing Contest"

28 9801
DarkFuture_Clan_
DarkFuture_Clan_
8 posts
Nomad

INTRODUCTION:

Hey guys! It's me (TDOG422) here for a BIG announcement! I will be holding the unofficial (and probably against the rules for that matter) writing contest! A new contest will be held every...whenever I want (not too-too long apart)! And even though this clan is mainly about writing about dark times (and maybe a few jokes in there...wow I use way to many parentheses), you can write about anything (within the AG rules of course - and I did it again) you want! I feel like there isn't enough contests in AG, so I thought I would take the risk of making this one! All you need to do is make a short story and post it as a comment! And I will have a topic for each contest (man, what is that word!)

TIMES:

The time spans will be one month for entries, one month for judging (in case this gets popular), and the break in between the contests.

EXTRA STUFF:

â¢There will be one winner and the "Notable Entries"
â¢You may only send in one short story per contest (still think of that word!) If you send in more...well figure it out
⢠Yes, you can give me ideas for the topics
â¢I give full permission to all the admins and moderators to help out as much as you want (and be the judge if I can't)

RULES:

â¢Stay within the AG rules
â¢Don't be mean to the other writers (or anyone)
â¢Don't post someone else's short story
â¢Don't repost your short story we will read all the short stories and will take all of them into consideration
â¢Have fun (DUH!)

As you can hopefully see, I hope to make this a big thing on AG and I really want it to work out because I have/want to put so much work into this!

• 28 Replies
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Ya, but it's still kind of mean.

Life is cruel.

And why do you think that?

Do you think you'd be capable of critiquing someone's grammar, punctuation and general story?
TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

Do you think you'd be capable of critiquing someone's grammar, punctuation and general story?

...Ya...and don't even bring up that theme thing again!
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

...Ya...and don't even bring up that theme thing again!

I had no intention of it, I forgot to mention spelling in that post, though.
ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

No offence but, this thread is kind of going nowhere... its been a week since my story and nobody is really interested in posting stories.

And you said that this thread would be you highest priority, but yet, I don't see any updates or anything. Maybe you could write in your own story to attract people?

TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

And you said that this thread would be you highest priority, but yet, I don't see any updates or anything.

Cause there is no reason to update right now, and I was working on a story - U READIN MA MIND?!?
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

A story relevant to this theme or just one in general?

TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

A story relevant to this theme or just one in general?

Relevant.
TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

Well...I guess the winner is...*drum roll*

ChromeDeathRazor

Well...Thank you for participating...Ok lets make a deal. If you guys tell your AG friends about this, I'll make a better speech next time, alright?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This Month's Theme is: Japanese Monster Attacks (Stereotypes WTF!)

ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

Wow... Only me... That's disappointing...

Anyways, you have to spread word about your own competition yourself, not anyone else; its your responsibility. Or you can check on other competitions out here like the Arts skill Competition or the Haiku Contest on how to make a good competition yourself.

You could make your own story to kick start each round too...

Aaaand... the deal isn't sweet enough. If you send me a chocolate cake, I will reconsider

TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

Wow... Only me... That's disappointing...

Anyways, you have to spread word about your own competition yourself, not anyone else; its your responsibility. Or you can check on other competitions out here like the Arts skill Competition or the Haiku Contest on how to make a good competition yourself.

You could make your own story to kick start each round too...

Aaaand... the deal isn't sweet enough. If you send me a chocolate cake, I will reconsider

Ok, I'll get to that ascii ASAP.
ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

Ok, I'll get to that ascii ASAP.

I want a real one
TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

Work! UGH! ok...meh...

TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

Well, as you may be able to tell I'm taking a break from this until it gets at least somewhat bigger. So bye for now and I'll be back (I hope) soon.

Showing 16-28 of 28