Forums

ForumsVideo Games

What is the Video Game you despise most?

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 9:49pm

Vagueshade

Vagueshade

84 posts

If your going to argue it doesn't add new features why don't you come up with some that are original and not used by other games.

That's not the point.

The point is that CoD doesn't do anything innovative for it's genre. Who expected there to be Naval Warfare in AC3? Or a Weapon's Upgrade system for SR3?

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 10:19pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,884 posts

Knight

PES haha. I'm a FIFA player.

I also dislike Eggbert, but that was years ago. Horrible graphics even for its time, wonky controls, and an awful ''plot''.

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 10:27pm

T_Slice

T_Slice

40 posts

why the hell are you all dissing Cod obviously you all bought the **** game because its the bestselling game of all time every **** time it comes out and its really good you just cant comprehend how much work goes into making a shooting game so good, maybe it does get old but its still the best FPS available so if you really hate it stop buying it.

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 10:45pm

BurnKush420

BurnKush420

102 posts

honestly everyone dissing on COD must really suck at it, because if youre good then the game is really fun. the only reason to really hate the game is if youre constantly getting ****ted on by better players. which in that case return the game and get something more suited to you. leave us men to play COD

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 10:53pm

BRAAINZz

BRAAINZz

601 posts

MW3 is probably my most despised game in the planet. It recycled almost everything, corner cutting was everywhere. The Dragunov was recycled from MW2, most of the guns that you have seen from previous CoD's have almost always been copied from previous ones, graphics and animation wise; ACR aside. Also, did anyone notice anything in Bakaara? Maybe deja-vu? That's because it was Crash or whatever it was called from CoD 4 with one extra building.

The custom Gamemode maker seemed hashed together with a fire poker on a blank canvas and then painted green.

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 11:06pm

BRAAINZz

BRAAINZz

601 posts

My rant got cut off.

The campaign was piecemeal at best, the part where it turns out that Yuri is Makarov's partner from before is complete unfounded crap. It was little more than a half-assed attempt at a plot twist that they didn't even plan for before that exact moment when they remembered something similar that they saw on EVERY OTHER PLOT LINE ON THE PLANET. If you went back in MW2 instead of running around you would find no elevator with a dying Russian in it.

To make a character's death actually tragic and moving for they player, you have to make them care about the character in the first place, and that's exactly what the game didn't do. I had no feelings for any character at all by the time they started killing. Also, taunting us with and AKS-74U and not allowing us to use one outside of the campaign is a complete piss off.

Special Ops became a shadow of what it once was. The MW2 version was very good and actually made good mini-games alongside the rest of it, but in MW3 it just felt like you were re-playing the campaign with little or no variation. Survival wasn't very much better either, it brought little more than a way for people to grind away at enemies until they could only be killed by a nuclear warhead. There was no innovation on the maps, just some cheap spawn loops thrown in to entertain the idiot masses until they realized it was terrible.

The multiplayer had everything I didn't like about it. It was too easy to kill someone, the maps were way too close range, shotguns could kill you from twenty feet away, and there was no real way to enjoy yourself unless you are killing the much less fortunate. Even when you are killing there is little or no gun balance and all you do is feel bad because you have a cannon and they have a peashooter.

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 11:24pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,884 posts

Knight

why the hell are you all dissing Cod obviously you all bought the **** game because its the bestselling game of all time every **** time it comes out and its really good you just cant comprehend how much work goes into making a shooting game so good, maybe it does get old but its still the best FPS available so if you really hate it stop buying it.

Best selling of all time is not CoD. And the best FPS of all time is not CoD, it's Doom, grandaddy of the FPS genre and a true legend.

honestly everyone dissing on COD must really suck at it, because if youre good then the game is really fun. the only reason to really hate the game is if youre constantly getting ****ted on by better players. which in that case return the game and get something more suited to you. leave us men to play COD

That made me laugh. No, running around with guns and acting all tough across the screen does not make you ''men''. It just makes you faux-machos who pose and can't hold a candle to real soldiers.

Apart from that, there are plenty of other reasons not to like CoD. The plot was unoriginal and thin at best for instance.

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 11:24pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,356 posts

Please name the "butt load" of new stuff in the game that isn't already expected in a new sequel in a series?

Really? Last I checked, games like uncharted 2 didnt jump years into the future. They are squeals for a reason, they aint new.

Please name the "butt load" of new stuff in the game that isn't already expected in a new sequel in a series?

pick 10, 2025, more open story, strike force missions, different endings, new guns, attachment/perk re-balance, player card, new game types ex,ex.

I dont know why people expect these games to change more than others. Battlefield is the same at its core in everyone of there games. Same as CoD. Why do you expect the game to go incredibly beyond these changes? As I said its a sequel, things stay the same.

In Assassin's Creed III, they really upgraded the engine, and re-worked the combat system and climbing mechanics. Let alone the Naval Warfare feature.

Ok.... it looks better, thats great. There isnt an AC coming out every year. People forget that CoD comes out every year and that the engines dont change because of that.

The new setting and timeframe is expected.

From AC, yes. From CoD and most sequels in general, no. Most are a few years into the future max. Some continue immediately where the first left off. Not huge leaps into the future. AC is the exception, the game itself is based on these time jumps. Dont go out and expect everything to be that way, because its not.

we've explained why we hate CoD. what is your valid reason for liking it? What features do you like about it? How is it better than other games? If you name features I can probably point you towards other games with them.

Dont take this the wrong way, but why the hell would I buy another game that "has the same features" when I already have this one? Why do I like CoD? Because it is high-action and fun as hell. You can either put your try-hard pants on or screw around. Its fun. I happen to be good, and its fun not dieing. I have played games like battlefield and they are just too slow. Painfully slow at times. Why do you play AC? Because its fun. Thats the reason we play anything.

Who expected there to be Naval Warfare in AC3? Or a Weapon's Upgrade system for SR3?

Who expected there to be an open storyline with multiple endings? or strike force missions that allow you to play tactically? Or a new pick 10 system?
According to you, we all expected the naval battles. Its just naturally there.

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 11:36pm

BurnKush420

BurnKush420

102 posts

It just makes you faux-machos who pose and can't hold a candle to real soldiers.

thats funny cuz im in the military.

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 11:37pm

BurnKush420

BurnKush420

102 posts

leave it to nichodemus to teach us everything about video games. for he is our savior

Reply to What is the Video Game you despise most?

You must be logged in to post a reply!