Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Daleks Does Art

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 3:26pm

Kyouzou

Kyouzou

4,753 posts

my paintings make me want to claw my eyes out when I look at them.

No doubt, these are terrible, I have no idea what the hell you were thinking posting them.

Kidding. You did some fine work, although Darth Vader's head and what ever it is that seems to be flying off of his upper back seem a little finicky. The Meta-Knight came out great. As for the second piece, the US looks very strange, even knowing the effect you were going for. The CV-22 looks great, although your rotors on the left side are a bit crooked.

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 3:48pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

You don't need a sign-up sheet, you just have to come to at least two annual meetings where we sit down and complain about our artistic abilities.

I want to see some of your new art. The things that makes you want to claw your eyes out over, because my general observation is that the more you hate a piece of art, the more the viewers will enjoy it.

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 4:05pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

Who needs self-esteem anyway? Feeling good about yourself just gets in the way of creating angst filled art.

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 4:13pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

Exactly. Though, considering I used most of my teenage years doing that, it would be nice moving out of that range.
And it doesn't seem like Daleks is running around, mingling with the emo angsters, so it might not be that necessary for him.

It is a great way for going "I love drawing, ef you, self esteem, I want to do this!" every once in a while, though. Makes you do a bit better on everything (but often those will be the pieces you don't want critiques on, because it will screw with your feeling of accomplishment and pride).

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 4:34pm

daleks

daleks

3,213 posts

I want to see some of your new art. The things that makes you want to claw your eyes out over

Who ever said that it was new? This is all old. I just do stuff on the computer now.

And it doesn't seem like Daleks is running around, mingling with the emo angsters, so it might not be that necessary for him.

Ya, I am just that nerdy kid with a little talent.

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 8:26pm

Hectichermit

Hectichermit

1,169 posts

Ya, I am just that nerdy kid with a little talent.

I dont believe in talent, just luck and practice :P as for low self esteem...already know there better artists then me just try and learn from them...sometimes buggin them till they help.

I just do stuff on the computer now

Do you do digital drawings Oo

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 8:28pm

daleks

daleks

3,213 posts

Ya, a pretty bad self portrait of myself. But hey, you guys sorta know what I look like now, sorta...in a badly drawn way.
http://i.imgur.com/RMygY.jpg

Do you do digital drawings Oo

Usually it isn't really me drawing, more of just putting pictures together and Photoshopping them to awesomeness.

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 3:21am

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

So, the shading is good.
Eyes and glasses on the left side are a little bit off and out of proportion.
The hand looks a little bit weird, but meh.
Nose and mouth are drawn rather well.
Overall; it's pretty good.

Post more, keep it up.

Posted Nov 27, '12 at 3:11pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

pretty bad

I think it is might be at least 120 percent better than anything I can manage, so it can't be that bad. It's just unpracticed. self portraits are generally hard to do, compared to, well, anything, because one thing is sitting there staring at someone else, while drawing them, or thinking up imaginary figures or something, another is staring at yourself, observing your own movements and imperfections and shadows and highlight and, well, everything.
Because you are drawing yourself, and you will get really conscious about it being you, when you are drawing. Also, your subject will be an idiot and keep moving.

So, yeah, critique above seems accurate.

Posted Nov 27, '12 at 4:32pm

Kyouzou

Kyouzou

4,753 posts

It looks good overall, Horror already pointed out that bit about the eyes, also the hair on the right side is stopping about two inches above the ear. Or rather the ear is stopping before the ear, unless you were trying to do something with perspective?

Reply to Daleks Does Art

You must be logged in to post a reply!