ForumsThe Tavern[necro] Nicknames (IRL)

31 16348
ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I wanted to make a topic about nicknames. So.... Questions to start y'all off:
Do you have any nicknames?
Is there a nickname that you've always wanted that you never had?
Do you have friends with funny nicknames?
This is real life, btw, not online.

• 31 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Shovel is my nickname. I hate it. Don't ask why I have it.

There are no nicknames I would want. I like my actual name.

Plamada. But it just sounds cool. It really isn't that funny in anyway.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Grahamuel L Jackson, Sanchez Martinez, Epic New Guy, and of course Grahamcracker.

These were all given to me and used on a regular basis. The newest, nobody bothered to learn my name in college, so I became epic guy.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I have 4 nicknames

1) boo bear - my girlfriend calls me this...we both have no idea where she came up with it. She just randomly called me it haha

2) boo boo (or boo boo doo doo) - my mom calls me this..no clue where she came up with this....just randomly started calling me it one day. She switches which one she calls me every now and then...and whichever one I'm being called, my dog gets called the other

3) vor (pronounced ver) - my business law class calls me this, thanks to my teacher who decided he would call me it (decided last year when I had a different class with him..carried it over to this class as well)

4) pang - My black friend calls me it. Him and I were joking around last year about making a rap group and we had to make up rap/stage names, of course. I just took my internet alias as it..and he calls me it every now and then

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

My name is basically impossible to make a nickname for.

However my rap name is "Ironically simple". If I ever go into music you know what my name will be.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

I don't really have any nicknames, most people just call me by my last name.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

However my rap name is "Ironically simple". If I ever go into music you know what my name will be.

That reminds me...

As a stated before...if I was to go into music my name would be pang. BUT..if I was to go into rapping or doing techno/being a DJ...my other stage name would be DJ LMC (Lower Middle Class)
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I would share my real life nickname with you, except apparently 4 years after it became common use, I discovered it was an obscene word, and therefore I cannot post it on this forum.

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

Rustoleum. My math teacher gave it to me.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Conkey.

lol... It sprouted when i was in third grade and was teaching my Japanese friend english. He called me Conkey Teacher. (Cause i taught him lol) And since then all my friends have called me that. I dunno why ;P

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Shovel is my nickname. I hate it. Don't ask why I have it.

......I have never heard this before.... o.O

I have many nicknames actually, some VERY weird some just weird. Here is the list of all the nicknames I have gotten in my entire life:

Joo Joo: Ok you can totally tell this is a nickname a mom would give her son...... yes this was my nickname for most of my younger years, then it was stolen by my ex Brother in-law and then given to my sister. So I was no longer Joo Joo, thank God...

Duckie Duckie: My current nickname that my mother calls me.....

Mister Man: A name my sister came up for me, kinda funny. She calls me this now cause I am older.

Smalls: This is a name my sister calls me when I keep making fun of here, this name is kinda a Oxymoron cause I am almost one foot taller then her and I completely dwarf her in size and mass and she calls me smalls. I sometimes call her this too, but she says I am smalls. Then we argue, etc etc..

Shredz: A nickname from my actual name, Shrezer.

Camp: A nickname that was used by my father in my younger years.

That is all for now, a lot of names if you ask me. So freaking annoying...
renegadeo
renegadeo
19 posts
Peasant

Fuzzy had it sense I was born and has stuck for well over 20 years

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Worst. Joke about my last name, though I won't go into details for obvious reasons.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I would share my real life nickname with you, except apparently 4 years after it became common use, I discovered it was an obscene word, and therefore I cannot post it on this forum.

I think I figured it out...your nickname is obviously "doo-doo head"
ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

Smalls: This is a name my sister calls me when I keep making fun of here, this name is kinda a Oxymoron cause I am almost one foot taller then her and I completely dwarf her in size and mass and she calls me smalls. I sometimes call her this too, but she says I am smalls. Then we argue, etc etc..

I would say it's more of a misnomer. xD Anyway I have a few nicknames. Josh, short for Joshua. Who woulda thought of that one? I got "Stonewall" when I was in 2nd grade playing soccer. I was the best goalie on my team and rarely let a ball go. I really like that one because of Stonewall Jackson, some general in... the Civil War? I like it because my Grandpa loved history and especially the Civil War. Another is "Batman". I also got this one in soccer. I wore two different Batman shirts to soccer practice two practices in a row. Just kinda stuck. Fe has been another. Fe is how Iron is written on the periodic table.

Now for friends xD

My friend Gouwei (pronounce Go-ee) has a tone of nicknames. One is Chewbacca because teachers always get his name wrong so we might as well just call him Chewbacca. My Black friend gave him the nickname Tyrone just because my Black friend is a wannabe ghetto.

One time a sub called a guy named Caleb Caleeb. We call him that if we want to get his attention a lot.

Now for my dogs :P

I have two dogs. The first is named Spot. Spottie, Spottles, Spotawhatami, Spotters, Spottie-dotty, etc. The other's name is Kalley. Kal Gal, Kalley O'Malley, Kal, Kalzone, Kalley Kalley mishes kowy gowy msdhfshdfjklds;lafjd. Literally.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Shredz: A nickname from my actual name, Shrezer.

That's a cool name :3

And lol all those have good reasoning but seem really random lol.
Showing 1-15 of 31