Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Best video game character of all time?

Posted Jun 12, '13 at 4:29pm

saybre45

saybre45

13 posts

Nathan Drake
(Seriously, has ANYONE played Uncharted???)
Anyone who can manage to get out a smart a** quip while the world falls apart around him has to belong on a list like this.

GO UNCHARTED

Or... Steve. Who we all are in Minecraft before we get our first skin.

Posted Jun 12, '13 at 4:39pm

saybre45

saybre45

13 posts

Nathan Drake
(Seriously, has ANYONE played Uncharted???)
Anyone who can manage to get out a smart a** quip while the world falls apart around him has to belong on a list like this.

GO UNCHARTED

I am very sorry if this got posted a second time, It just didn't show up the first time.

Posted Jun 12, '13 at 8:13pm

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

Steve is not the real name it is just the Default character skin. Steve was basically a joke because someone asked Notch what the characters name is and he said (and im paraphrasing here) ummm Steve!. But really even saying that Steve is your favorite character is pretty narcissistic or egotistical. Because the "character" is generic and doesn't do much.

. I've been a halo fan my whole life and never really got into Mario, Super Smash Bros, Link, Zelda, or anything else like that so my personal favorite character would be Spartan 117

So basically because you only play one game, that is your favorite character.

I would also have to say that another one of my favorite characters is Kazooie. She is always filled with witty remarks and I love how sarcastic she is

Posted Jun 12, '13 at 8:19pm

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

Steve is not the real name it is just the Default character skin. Steve was basically a joke because someone asked Notch what the characters name is and he said (and im paraphrasing here) ummm Steve!. But really even saying that Steve is your favorite character is pretty narcissistic or egotistical. Because the "character" is generic and doesn't do much.

Let me rephrase that because i already know someone is going to start getting on here and start nagging at me.  Steve is just that guy that is generic and just the player

Posted Jun 12, '13 at 8:59pm

d_dude

d_dude

1,756 posts

GLaDOS has to be up there in terms of best characters. That OS can make death threats and insults so funny and charming.

Posted Jun 13, '13 at 12:54am

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

I think that characters that have little or no dialogue aren't worthy of putting on this list. I mean yeah Gordon Freeman is awesome and all but really he says absolutely nothing, he is what you make him out to be it is just the player. Its basically like saying that yourself is your favorite character.
Also a good portion of first person shooter characters wouldn't make this list for me either because the same reason "it is just you playing"
But characters with witty comments, intelligents thoughts. stuff like this makes true characters.
I mean my favorites are characters like
The Vortigaunt from HL2
Psychos, Cl4p-TP, Scooter from BL2
Characters that are witty like that

Posted Jun 15, '13 at 1:05am

T_Slice

T_Slice

40 posts

the red ring of death kicked my *** everytime. kirby, kratos kicks everyones butt and gecks the gecho was cool cuz he had glasses

Posted Jun 15, '13 at 1:21am

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

gecks the gecho was cool cuz he had glasses

Gex was pretty Bamf but he didn't have glasses half the time. The best thing was that he was able to get a babe like agent xtra

Posted Jun 16, '13 at 1:06pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,322 posts

Clyde. That stupid little ghost was my favorite of the bunch.

Posted Jun 16, '13 at 1:11pm

blackcat1602

blackcat1602

38 posts

For me, it's Faith from Mirror's Edge. It's a good game and she's awesome.

Reply to Best video game character of all time?

You must be logged in to post a reply!