ForumsGamesBest video game character of all time?

128 49696
walshymusic
walshymusic
48 posts
Nomad

there are so many ways this conversation could go.... mario, ash ketchum, link, samus, master chief... the list goes on and on. one might be the most widely recognized, the most popular. one might be the oldest. one might be the toughest, the best fighter. the fastest. the strongest. the worst.

just put all of your opinions here and keep the discussion going.

• 128 Replies
Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

the pyro in team fortress 2

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

Link is the best, an icon of Nintendo, very class and powerful with many items (bommerang, bombs, bow ...) each of theses games are awesome, all the Zelda games are awesome.

Such disgrace! At least spell boomerang correctly. You also forgot to mention that he has a sword blessed by the goddess, Hylia and the fact that he has a fairy for a conscience.
aurelius_maximus
aurelius_maximus
22 posts
Peasant

Such disgrace! At least spell boomerang correctly. You also forgot to mention that he has a sword blessed by the goddess, Hylia and the fact that he has a fairy for a conscience.

A fairy, an imp, a boat, a sword, and who knows what else. Actually, I like Link, but I don't think he's the best character, just because of one thing. Does he ever say a single, solitary word? How come a random guy with a sword and a pocket holding a huge amount of stuff just walks around and everyone tells him their troubles? I'd go with Zelda as the best character. It's easy to see her progression, and the story always makes her as a character meaningful.
portarto
portarto
87 posts
Herald

Gordon Freeman. He doesn't say a word. He just is.

TeslaGuy
TeslaGuy
959 posts
Nomad

Ash Ketchum is not a game character
Red is . you are , and many other
About the Question , mine is Kirby

mybrand24
mybrand24
41 posts
Nomad

nathan drake -uncharted

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Steve is not the name of the character in Minecraft. Stop thinking it is.

Nathan Drake is almost objectively bad. He's an utterly entitled, self-centered jerk of an everyman, whose sole defining characteristic is that he is generic.

I'm gonna do 5 in no particular order:

-Jade from Beyond Good & Evil
-Solid Snake from Metal Gear
-James Raynor from StarCraft and StarCraft: Brood War but not StarCraft 2.
-Samus Aran from Metroid
-I can't actually think of a 5th good character right now

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

-I can't actually think of a 5th good character right now

MoKap from Mortal Kombat

You're welcome
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

MAASTERCHIEF!!!

Nah just kidding, could you imagine?

But seriously my favorite character has to be from my favorite games

Diddy Kong from DKC and DK64: if he is in any other game he is lame and seems like a kid.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Captain Falcon, Master Chief, Leon Kennedy, Link, Mario, or Jiggly puff.

Nater
Nater
1,298 posts
Nomad

Sonny? Ha, no. I've been a halo fan my whole life and never really got into Mario, Super Smash Bros, Link, Zelda, or anything else like that so my personal favorite character would be Spartan 117.

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

Yoshi

saybre45
saybre45
13 posts
Nomad

Nathan Drake
(Seriously, has ANYONE played Uncharted???)
Anyone who can manage to get out a smart a** quip while the world falls apart around him has to belong on a list like this.

GO UNCHARTED

Or... Steve. Who we all are in Minecraft before we get our first skin.

saybre45
saybre45
13 posts
Nomad

Nathan Drake
(Seriously, has ANYONE played Uncharted???)
Anyone who can manage to get out a smart a** quip while the world falls apart around him has to belong on a list like this.

GO UNCHARTED

I am very sorry if this got posted a second time, It just didn't show up the first time.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Steve is not the real name it is just the Default character skin. Steve was basically a joke because someone asked Notch what the characters name is and he said (and im paraphrasing here) ummm Steve!. But really even saying that Steve is your favorite character is pretty narcissistic or egotistical. Because the "character" is generic and doesn't do much.

. I've been a halo fan my whole life and never really got into Mario, Super Smash Bros, Link, Zelda, or anything else like that so my personal favorite character would be Spartan 117

So basically because you only play one game, that is your favorite character.

I would also have to say that another one of my favorite characters is Kazooie. She is always filled with witty remarks and I love how sarcastic she is
Showing 46-60 of 128