ForumsThe TavernIf You Could...

284 66212
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

So...back in '10, before I went on my lil &quotangtongshu hiatus" for about a year or so...I actually was somewhat active in the forums. During that time...I made a thread of similar title (only...I made it too specific to continue with different ideas) and I wanted to bring it back (only newer...and more improved!) to give the forums a lil more push towards its old active self

What will happen: So..like I stated, I tried to make this before...but I was too foolish back then to do it properly (although...after reading through it...I apparently had a similar sense of humor...but I went the opposite of how GoM went...I apparently was a bit more serious back then compared to how I am now). So in this thread...I will give you options or just a sole question starting with the phrase "If you could..." for you all to answer then discuss and whatnot. Every now and then I will change what the subject is (similar to S_P's thread...except my updates might not be as frequent as his. Or they might be more frequent...I don't know..we will see how it goes)

So...in honor of my original thread...I will start it with the same question. If you could be any element (air, water, earth, or fire), which would you be? (and why?)

• 284 Replies
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

What do you mean by being an element? Do you mean you literally are just water or do you mean you can control water (water is an example)

If I had to be an element I'd probably be earth because then I'd literally be "The rock". Also earth is very broad so I could be several things.

If I could control elements then I would choose air because it is everywhere and very accesible.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

I'd probably be water.
You'll live next to forever, you'd never get thirsty?
And, you can put out fires.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

If I was to be an element, I would choose to be Air. Air itself is quite powerful as it can be gentle yet can also be strong enough to blow trees down or lift objects up into the air.

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

Earth. I've experienced an earthquake and their pretty powerful. You could also open up the ground and find underground water. It's also a nice hiding place and is very peaceful.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

i would be earth because earth exists even in space. when what knows happens to the planet earth after the sun died, i could just float around in space for all eternity till something bigger like a planet or a black hole or so destroys me.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I would be Earth.

Earth is everywhere. If you destroyed Earth you would die with it. Therefore making me practically invincible.

LOL i just talked like i WAS Earth... ^^

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

If I was to be an element, I would choose to be Air. Air itself is quite powerful as it can be gentle yet can also be strong enough to blow trees down or lift objects up into the air.

Was looking over my original thread and saw you were one of the people that answered XD if memory serves me correct you answered the same element then as well

What do you mean by being an element? Do you mean you literally are just water or do you mean you can control water (water is an example)

Take it either way you like

And, you can put out fires.

What about fire putting out you? =p
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

I think fire is the coolest.

Thats all I have to say I can't really say why its just looks cool.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I like fire, especially after watching The Last Airbender. Zuko is so boss.

awesomeplayer312
awesomeplayer312
187 posts
Nomad

I would be the Avatar.Kidding but I would be a waterbender!With water, it just isn't water.Its like ice,mud, and drinks.

fireangle
fireangle
176 posts
Nomad

Shockingly I would choose air. Mainly cause you can fly which is awesome.

Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

I would want to be the element Lightning you'd be the fastest traveling object in the universe

JuiceyBox
JuiceyBox
129 posts
Peasant

Earth.

Making huge boulders and digging up treasures underground? Count me in!

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I would be air, cause I would be everywhere including someone's nose, oh yeah that's the life.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

I would want to be the element Lightning you'd be the fastest traveling object in the universe

Great, maybe lets add more: dark, light, ice, poison, bomb, wool. HOW WOULD YOU LIKE THAT???

Anyway (if we turn back to the four basic elements) im going to try to tell as much as i can for each one.

So lets start with fire: yeah, its red, shiny and powerful, but fire... it means chaos and hell, it can burn down forests and kill people, and hell, fire describes it really well. But the good thing is, that from all the elements what pang mentioned, this is the only one that gives light. So basically it means chaos and light. So if you want to be fire, you will never fall down, but fly up, you will spread and there will be nothing you will be able to do about it, if water falls on you, you just go puff. You give light to people, but you kill them if you touch them. So no hugs for you.

Then there follows water: a great healing object, but if we look very deep in it, it has a massive darkness. This darkness requires alot of territorry. What makes water different from fire is almost everything. Fire gives light, water is dark, fire is warm, water is cold (most of the times), fire goes up, water falls down, fire is chaos, water is peace. So if you want to be water, you will always fall down, you will be very cold and dark, and peaceful. Most of the times.

Air: its everywhere, if it goes away, people die quickly, so it needs to circle around, it can make fire disappear, but if there is too much fire, then if air touches it, fire turns even bigger. Air is very weak, its very fast, but its not stronger then earth, also air can bring chaos, but it will never be able stronger then earth. Examples of what i mean chaos: cunami (if there is a storm in water), orcan, fire can spread and burn everything, and the last thingy thingy is tornadoes. So if you want to be air, then you will need to be everywhere (or else people die), you will be very fast, but weak (you can push stuff, but they can go through you anyway), you will have the ability to bring chaos (if youre not a good guy), soo yeah.

And the final one, earth: the element that your chair is on right now, earth is very steady, strong and heavy. You will need to hold things and you will have the ability to move stuff if you want to. If we compare this to air, earth is kinda overpowered, but it has its bad things, you cannot be excactly everywhere, earth is a planet, unlimited counts of planets actually, the only chaos you can do is earthquakes or volcano erruptions. You cannot move in space, air can, youre like a slave to everyone because you need to lift them, you will never be free, air is everywhere so it has a freedom, earth doesnt. So basically if youre earth then: you can make volcano erruptions and earthquakes, unlimited amounts of planets is what you are, youre heavy, stronger and harder then air, you need to stand still and hold everything on you, which means that you dont have a freedom, while air does.

Umm i just read all of this again and i saw that i was repeating alot of times, but i guess the explainations are fine.

So now lets see. I kinda like water because it means peace, i could be stronger then fire, i would be very cold (i love it when i dont feel that im cold), i would never be thirsty, i would have the ability to heal others (only if they would be close to me), and i could see a human's body from inside (IF I EVER TURN INTO WATER, DRINK ME!!!) nah, im never going to be water.

So if im kinda thinking about this, i would actually like better if i am just a human, because if i would be fire, i would just bring chaos in nature and water would kill me like it would be chuck norris and i would be justin bieber, if i would be water, i would destroy every electronic device there is, so i wouldnt be able to play armor games anymore, if i would be wind i would be very weak and stuff would go through me (which is horrible) and if i would be earth, i wouldnt have a freedom.

-Jeff
Showing 1-15 of 284