Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Favorite Internet Browser

Posted Jan 1, '13 at 2:20pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

Well its not bad but I read an article that opera is the best browser for slow PC-s and.....well... no big pros... :P

Opera actually has a lot of cool little features - Opera Link lets you sync data between computers like Chrome and Firefox. Opera Turbo is for slow networks - saves a ton of data. Opera has its own mail client, built into the browser. Flash gaming seems to be fastest on the browser. Cooler yet are features like mouse gestures (right-click and drag for awesomeness) and voice commands (so I've heard? Never bothered using it) and most everything that Chrome and Firefox have. It's kind of like the Dolphin HD browser of PCs (Windows, Macs, and Linux computers, for clarification). The mobile version is blazing fast compared to others I've used, and a mobile/desktop detection feature that actually works. :3

Yeah, I use Opera.

Posted Jan 1, '13 at 3:04pm

Roxxar123

Roxxar123

59 posts

Opera. I'm with Jeol.

Do I have to give reasons?

Posted Jan 1, '13 at 10:31pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

5,070 posts

I'm enjoying Safari right now on my iPad 2. Haven't had a problem with it yet.

Posted Jan 1, '13 at 11:10pm

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,082 posts

Years ago, I began the search for the perfect browser. First, I thought it was firefox. Clean, efficient, and a fox made of fire. But firefox has a huge flaw: other people enjoy it.

Most of you don't know me, but I can't bring myself to enjoy something other people enjoy. So I turned away from firefox, my beloved, to find a more hipster browser.

I remember when chrome came out. At the time, combining the address bar and the search bar was revolutionary. But I couldn't hop on the Chrome bandwagon; other people were there. So I continued to watch Chrome from the shadows, never even bothering to install it.

So what could I do? How about Opera? Opera is THE hipster browser. If I want a hipster browser, this one blows firefox out of the water. But it's just to OBVIOUS. Everyone knows what it is. What it does. That it's hipster. So I passed on it.

What then? Firefox beta? Screams "tech geek", sure, but not "hipster with a false sense of superiority." So no. Waterfox? Well since exactly none of you know what Waterfox even is, it seems good. But my laptop isn't 64 bit and I don't use the desktop for the Internet if I can avoid it. Arora? Hipster, sure, but lacking in features.

Then, I found what I thought was it. Rockmelt. Oh Rockmelt, you sweet firefox variant with seamless facebook integration. The real strength of facebook integration, somewhat counter-intuitively, is that you never have to look at facebook ever again. Proud of my new browser, I instantly went to the Internet to brag about it.

Slowly but surely, I realized that people had heard of Rockmelt. It wasn't this big secret. I was just ignorant. I considered sticking with a browser I liked regardless of popularity... but using a rational basis for browser selection over baseless popularity is a sign of weakness! So I moved on.

I went through the darkest depths of old, obscure and forgotten browsers. The NetScape clones everyone rejected out of the gate. The strangest and most perverse firefox variants. Different models of chrome. Then... I found it. I updated it, ran it and knew, just knew, the search was over. I'd found it. The most hipster browser of all time. The granddaddy of all hipster browsers. The search was over. I had won victory over the Internet.

I loved Internet Explorer.

Posted Jan 1, '13 at 11:15pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,205 posts

Except everyone knows it and used it at least once ;]

Posted Jan 1, '13 at 11:41pm

idigit

idigit

259 posts

I am an apple person. So obviously safari.

Posted Jan 2, '13 at 12:49am

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Firefox is awful while running on low connection speeds.
Chrome has bad security.
Opera has bad security.
lol IE.
lol AOL, which is worse than IE.

Safari works phenomenally for me. Good security. Good efficiency.

Yeah, I use Opera.

Opera has some cool gimmicks but it fails in terms of security. It's worse than Chrome, and I can access all of my saved passwords in 3 clicks from any of my devices using it. If I lost my phone I could have everything hacked. That's why I prefer Safari. I have the power to manually clean it out from time to time... not that it saves anything anyway.

No one works harder than you to be that guy. You're that guy. You've always been that guy. You'll always be that guy.

You also love the band Skrillex.

Nothing more needs to be said.

Posted Jan 2, '13 at 3:43pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD9FAOPBiDk

Opera has some cool gimmicks but it fails in terms of security. It's worse than Chrome, and I can access all of my saved passwords in 3 clicks from any of my devices using it. If I lost my phone I could have everything hacked. That's why I prefer Safari. I have the power to manually clean it out from time to time... not that it saves anything anyway.

Really? I went on my mobile, couldn't find anything but how to clear passwords. And yeah, they're linked. Didn't bother checking the PC version, but then again...

Of course, that might just be because I never save any of my passwords :P I find it more convenient to remember them than to just have my browser remember them, and if a bomb dropped on Opera's database(s) and wiped out all of that saved data, I don't have to weep because I don't have to switch to another browser and suddenly realize that I never memorized any of my passwords (including email), thus I can't even reset them.

Posted Jan 3, '13 at 6:45pm

Kreitmaker

Kreitmaker

260 posts

Mozilla Firefox. It's not a pain in the a** for me to use.

Posted Jan 5, '13 at 12:48pm

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

1,683 posts

Mine is Mozilla Firefox.

mozilla firefox is my favorite internet browser, too.

Reply to Favorite Internet Browser

You must be logged in to post a reply!