Posted Nov 18, '12 at 4:44pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

Dear AG.
I am currently too baffled for proper words, so:
Live from the end of the world.
A TV channel here is apparently going to host a live show counting down to the assumed end of the world on December 21st. You can buy tickets for it too...
Anyway, what I am hoping here is that they have gotten this... really weird idea from somewhere else, and thus, I ask you, population of the forums...

Have they? Or... is this their own idea...?
Also, feel free to discuss the idea of making a liveshow counting down to the end of the world...

Posted Nov 18, '12 at 4:49pm

IAgreeWithYou

IAgreeWithYou

419 posts

That is hilarious. I have a bet with someone I know that if the world doesn't end he gives me $50 and if it does, I give him $50.

He's not exactly smart.

The fact that they are selling tickets is what makes it hilarious. They themselves don't believe the world is going to end and they're going to put on a show about something they don't believe.

I'll be watching for ****s and giggles.

Posted Nov 18, '12 at 4:54pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

I honestly have no idea how to properly react to this.
I know, considering the host is a known comedian, that this isn't going to be real serious, but... Of all the things you could make a live show about, sell tickets to and make people work on...
The end of the world isn't one of the options on the hundred item list.

Posted Nov 18, '12 at 5:00pm

BurnKush420

BurnKush420

102 posts

I'm going to lol so hard when nothing happens xD

Posted Nov 18, '12 at 5:26pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

When the world doesn't end. A lot of peolpe witll be ****ed an want their fifty bucks back.

Posted Nov 18, '12 at 5:54pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,277 posts

I might just watch...just to see their reaction when the world doesn't end...or their reaction if the world does end..

Even better yet...they end up being about 5 minutes off...that'd be hilarious

Posted Nov 18, '12 at 6:07pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,007 posts

Knight

It's one of those things like alien abduction insurance. Smart people making money perfectly legally thanks to all those idiots. Why not taking even further capital from the Mayan calendar hysteria? Smart thing, really.

Posted Nov 18, '12 at 6:30pm

daleks

daleks

3,213 posts

Why would I buy tickets? If I thought it would be the end of the world then I would just sneak in. What would they do, arrest me?

Also, am I the only one that thinks of the End of the World as the place and not 2012?

Posted Nov 18, '12 at 8:18pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,854 posts

If read from an English perspective, Jordens Undergang isn't all that threatening.... Actually reading through the page with limited understanding (is there an English button somewhere? Google translate makes sound weird.), I'm not sure it's one of those serious things. It seems more like one of those New Year's Eve countdown party specials. Who are these experts they've planning on having? *insert joke/pun about Melancholia which was written and directed by a Dane*

I am surprised, however, that this is the first TV special I've heard of. You'd think NBC would've capitalized on this already. So you can't blame Americans for this.

Posted Nov 18, '12 at 8:51pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

This is almost a rip of The Restaurant at the End of the Universe. Almost.

Reply to Live from the end of the... world?

You must be logged in to post a reply!