ForumsThe Tavern

Seriously...

Posted Nov 18, '12 at 6:23pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,549 posts

So I went to listen to Gangnam Style (lol of course) and it gave me this ad:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6447/5597a85ba24944c496dd3a6.png

It was in Spanish. I'm like wtf... I don't live in Mexico xD It's the USA lol...

Posted Nov 18, '12 at 6:29pm

Gamer_Cale

Gamer_Cale

1,414 posts

I more confused why it's still bounty they are changed their name to Plenty ages ago or at least in the uk they did.

Posted Nov 18, '12 at 6:31pm

Gamer_Cale

Gamer_Cale

1,414 posts

Missed out am inbetween 'I' and 'more' AG needs an edit option so bad hope they have it in AG3

Posted Nov 18, '12 at 6:33pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,549 posts

I more confused why it's still bounty they are changed their name to Plenty ages ago or at least in the uk they did.

Seriously? In the US its still Bounty lol

Missed out am inbetween 'I' and 'more' AG needs an edit option so bad hope they have it in AG3

YESSS! So then everyone won't double post lol...

Posted Nov 18, '12 at 7:02pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,231 posts

I've been having the same thing happening to me...every ad I've had on Youtube has been in Spanish.

Guess it is time to burn it down..

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 12:26pm

xeano321

xeano321

2,546 posts

Knight

It was in Spanish. I'm like wtf... I don't live in Mexico xD It's the USA lol...

Most people don't know this, but if you have ad-block plus, you don't get the ads on YouTube. =D Then you don't have to worry about Mexican Bounty!

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 2:26pm

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

In the US its still Bounty

Changed here about two years ago, as far as I remember.

Anyhow, I've never had an ad in a different language on youtube.
It could be because in the US they might want to advertise it to the Spanish speaking residents instead of the English speaking?

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 3:47pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,226 posts

Knight

My guess is that Youtube probably is doing this thing were they put some ads in Spanish because most of the American population is Hispanic. I don't know. I have had a similar thing happen to me, I was listening to Rammstein one time (for those of you who don't know what that is, it is a German Metal Band) and I got a ad that was in German. I think it was some sort of German Super Market. XD It makes sense how my ad was in German, cause the video was in German. But Gangnam Style is in Vietnamese I think and the ad being in Spanish.... my guess is, Youtube is stupid. XD

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 4:04pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,566 posts

My guess is that Youtube probably is doing this thing were they put some ads in Spanish because most of the American population is Hispanic.

Not most. A significant portion, but not most by any means.

It probably depends on the type of video too. Obviously, a video in Spanish is more likely to have Spanish ads.

my guess is, Youtube is stupid. XD

Because YouTube knows what languages its users all speak on an individual level...

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 10:02pm

skater_kid_who_pwns

skater_kid_who_pwns

4,313 posts

In Spain, Gungam style means something completely different than it does in Korean or English. In Spanish, papers towels are 100% relevant.

Reply to Seriously...

You must be logged in to post a reply!