ForumsThe TavernSeriously...

13 2050
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

So I went to listen to Gangnam Style (lol of course) and it gave me this ad:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6447/5597a85ba24944c496dd3a6.png

It was in Spanish. I'm like wtf... I don't live in Mexico xD It's the USA lol...

• 13 Replies
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

I more confused why it's still bounty they are changed their name to Plenty ages ago or at least in the uk they did.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Missed out am inbetween 'I' and 'more' AG needs an edit option so bad hope they have it in AG3

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I more confused why it's still bounty they are changed their name to Plenty ages ago or at least in the uk they did.

Seriously? In the US its still Bounty lol

Missed out am inbetween 'I' and 'more' AG needs an edit option so bad hope they have it in AG3

YESSS! So then everyone won't double post lol...
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I've been having the same thing happening to me...every ad I've had on Youtube has been in Spanish.

Guess it is time to burn it down..

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

It was in Spanish. I'm like wtf... I don't live in Mexico xD It's the USA lol...

Most people don't know this, but if you have ad-block plus, you don't get the ads on YouTube. =D Then you don't have to worry about Mexican Bounty!
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

In the US its still Bounty

Changed here about two years ago, as far as I remember.

Anyhow, I've never had an ad in a different language on youtube.
It could be because in the US they might want to advertise it to the Spanish speaking residents instead of the English speaking?
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

My guess is that Youtube probably is doing this thing were they put some ads in Spanish because most of the American population is Hispanic. I don't know. I have had a similar thing happen to me, I was listening to Rammstein one time (for those of you who don't know what that is, it is a German Metal Band) and I got a ad that was in German. I think it was some sort of German Super Market. XD It makes sense how my ad was in German, cause the video was in German. But Gangnam Style is in Vietnamese I think and the ad being in Spanish.... my guess is, Youtube is stupid. XD
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

My guess is that Youtube probably is doing this thing were they put some ads in Spanish because most of the American population is Hispanic.

Not most. A significant portion, but not most by any means.

It probably depends on the type of video too. Obviously, a video in Spanish is more likely to have Spanish ads.

my guess is, Youtube is stupid. XD

Because YouTube knows what languages its users all speak on an individual level...
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

In Spain, Gungam style means something completely different than it does in Korean or English. In Spanish, papers towels are 100% relevant.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

I'm sorry I just spilled derp juice all over my keyboard.

Gangnam.....again I apologize.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I'm sorry I just spilled derp juice all over my keyboard.

Ya know, your armatar kinda looks like Derpy. :P
fireangle
fireangle
176 posts
Nomad

Seriously...
I've heard that song on the radio think it's a good station then when the song is over they start talking in spanish. Happened twice.
Yeah.... Seriously.....

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

It probably depends on the type of video too. Obviously, a video in Spanish is more likely to have Spanish ads.

Don't ask me what videos i was watching because I can't remember...but the multiple videos I watched that had Spanish ads before 'em were not Spanish videos
Showing 1-13 of 13