ForumsNews and FeedbackMerit Suggestion

21 7831
toprichieboy
toprichieboy
82 posts
Nomad

Hi guys.

I just wanted to suggest a "merit" report that could be added to armorgames. When I go browse on The community, sometimes I see comments or postings that are definitely worthy of a merit. I Suggest that next to the abuse flag, theres is a merit flag to report something worthy. People with good comments should be rewarded

• 21 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Well actually there used to be something like that, I wasn't around for it so I don't know all the details about it but my guess is that they got rid of it because it was too easy to abuse it.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Yeah, there used to be a page where you could post a link to someone's comment and most of the time they got a merit hence why so much older users have loads of merits.

There also used to be a green arrow beside the flag comment, and if it got a lot of clicks, it used to go near to bold to show mods when they're skimming through pages for merits/deleting spam.

I don't know if it's a good idea to bring it back, a lot of people used to use alt accounts to rate up their own comments.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Even though I'm nowhere near to being in the position to know the facts, I am fairly confident to tell you that this is not going to happen... sorry! Besides what has already been said, aimply think of all the users that don't understand any of it and post stuff like this :

UserExample820 says
"I think my comment made here is worthy of a merit, gimme one!"

Comment : I think this game is AWESOME!

This would be a sure spam fest waiting to happen! And a headache for the mods...
Coyote421
Coyote421
27 posts
Nomad

I suggest a similar option?

Considering the audience of this forum would a rate up/down option be viable? Other than the witty remarks or catchy responses to bad posts it would also make great posts seen by users much more noticeable and hence make moderators' jobs easier.

Other than obvious potential for abuse what would stop this from happening?

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

UserExample820 says

Urge to make an account named that and pretend to get all mad at you. Must restrain.
Considering the audience of this forum would a rate up/down option be viable?

I believe last time I checked they were planning this for AG3. I don't know if they will though.
toprichieboy
toprichieboy
82 posts
Nomad

Eh, maybe a thumbs up and thumbs down if its spam.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

That's a rather cool idea.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Eh, maybe a thumbs up and thumbs down if its spam.

You mean kinda like YouTube comments? ;P and lol it sounds kinda like a good idea. But it also has its cons. Like a person could just tell all his/her friends to render it "merit-worthy" (o.O)
Blackbeltr0FAN
Blackbeltr0FAN
6 posts
Nomad

Even though I'm nowhere near to being in the position to know the facts, I am fairly confident to tell you that this is not going to happen... sorry! Besides what has already been said, aimply think of all the users that don't understand any of it and post stuff like this :

UserExample820 says

Comment : I think this game is AWESOME!

This would be a sure spam fest waiting to happen! And a headache for the mods...

THE MOD..

That's a rather cool idea.

THE ADMIN...
Who is right????
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

[quote=MrDayCee]Even though I'm nowhere near to being in the position to know the facts, I am fairly confident to tell you that this is not going to happen... sorry! Besides what has already been said, aimply think of all the users that don't understand any of it and post stuff like this :

UserExample820 says

[quote]Comment : I think this game is AWESOME!

This would be a sure spam fest waiting to happen! And a headache for the mods...[/quote]

THE MOD..

[quote=Ferret]That's a rather cool idea. [/quote]

THE ADMIN...
Who is right????[/quote]

The admins choose whether to implement a suggestion or not, so I think the admin (Ferret) is right, which means we will probably get a merit suggestion feature in the future.
Blackbeltr0FAN
Blackbeltr0FAN
6 posts
Nomad

The admins choose whether to implement a suggestion or not, so I think the admin (Ferret) is right, which means we will probably get a merit suggestion feature in the future.

oh Ok I am new so Even though my bro is on lots i usually have homework!
Cool sounds like a cool plan!!
toprichieboy
toprichieboy
82 posts
Nomad

Yesh, I think a thumbs down, up will be useful.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Here's how it could be fixed, after getting so many Thumbs-ups, it gets sent to a mod, who then looks over it, and deems weather it is worthy of a Merit.

Something that would be nice in a kind of half merit, which is awarded for comments that are above average, but not exactly meritorious. (and would have a much smaller reward, like 5 or 10 ap instead of 25)

~~~Darth Caedus

Blackbeltr0FAN
Blackbeltr0FAN
6 posts
Nomad

and Then You will not be able to do it to yourself

itman2
itman2
37 posts
Jester

no because hardly anyone reads profile comments so you'll be doing a lot of hassle

Showing 1-15 of 21