Forums

ForumsVideo Games

The Elder Scrolls Online

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 8:02am

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

Who here is excited about Elder Scrolls Online? I cannot wait for it to come out. I heard it's gonna be amazing.

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 9:18am

The_Gentlemen

The_Gentlemen

45 posts

Okay. God.

You want to know what I think?

The guys at Bethesda seen that Skyrim selled a lot. So one of them said "Hey, what if we make a MMORPG, just to get more money?"

They all thought it was a great idea, and thus they made it.

I couldn't care less about this. I just hope they don't make TES V more noobish. Skyrim drived the franchise down a bad road. I hope they get back to the good ol' times.

The times when the Red Mountain erupted and the the Tribunal ruled.
When the Emperor died and demons swarmed the world.

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 10:05am

ChromeDeathRazor

ChromeDeathRazor

299 posts

The guys at Bethesda seen that Skyrim selled a lot. So one of them said "Hey, what if we make a MMORPG, just to get more money?"

Isn't the point of making games is to earn money? You don't spend years learning game development for nothing you know. Sides, many TES fans have been clamouring for an MMORPG since the times of Morrowind and plans have been there for quite some time.

I couldn't care less about this. I just hope they don't make TES V more noobish. Skyrim drived the franchise down a bad road. I hope they get back to the good ol' times.

I played both Oblivion and Skyrim and personally, both have different feelings. Oblivion felt like an adventure whereas Skyrim felt more hackish and slashish but both being real fun. But remember, you can't expect to games to be same; time changes. Skyrim actually revolutionised the TES series with great graphics and new mechanics.

I see that you are trying to hate on Bethesda, but its good to get some of your facts right first.

As for TES: Online, I can't get my hands on it.

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 10:19am

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

Skyrim actually revolutionised the TES series with great graphics and new mechanics.

and they left out so many things that they had in the past. that it isn't even funny anymore. where is the deep story? where are the items? where is the traveling?

in morrowind i had the feeling of being in that world. now it is a fantasy slashing game. just quest after quest and thats it.

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 10:58am

xNightwish

xNightwish

1,560 posts

First of all. BETHESDA ISNT MAKING THIS GAME. Zenimax, Bethesda's mother company, is making the game. So don't hate on Bethesda for this game.

But I actually am pretty excited for this game. It seems really cool and what I saw of it, it seems cooler than I thought.
Although the combat-system isn't as appealing I still want to play it with my friends.
Btw anyone decided which race/faction they will choose?

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 12:47pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,046 posts

Knight

I don't know if there will come a time when I will be perverted into trying it out, but for now I can only shake my head. Nightwish is right to some extend, it doesn't look half as bad as most other MMOs you find. But as a die-hard Morrowind addict, I just cannot play the game supposing it is indeed an Elder Scrolls game. It isn't. It's an Elder Scrolls themed MMO, and yes, there is a difference. A vital one for the ES game experience.

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 1:32pm

The_Gentlemen

The_Gentlemen

45 posts

Isn't the point of making games is to earn money? You don't spend years learning game development for nothing you know. 'Sides, many TES fans have been clamouring for an MMORPG since the times of Morrowind and plans have been there for quite some time.

I know that they need money. That's why I don't care. If you make a game only for the money, then you're sure that it won't be too good.
This game will probably be like the usual P2W game. I wouldn't have any problems with a well made MMORPG, but this looks like the hundred copypasted ones you can find on the internets.
I would like to be wrong, but this is the impression I have.

I played both Oblivion and Skyrim and personally, both have different feelings. Oblivion felt like an adventure whereas Skyrim felt more hackish and slashish but both being real fun. But remember, you can't expect to games to be same; time changes.

I played Morrorwind and managed to get my hands on an old Daggerfall version. Yeah, completely different feelings. I know that times change, but what if, along the usual good story, they added a completely new
combat system? THAT would have been good.
It IS noobish. Not too much, but it still is. I beated it on Master dying only a few times, while on Oblivion is died a lot on Normal difficulty. There is a bland story, and sometimes I feel like I'm playing with a dummy. I haven't got too much power over it, while in Oblivion I could decide to either save the thief or denounce her to the Countess.

Skyrim actually revolutionised the TES series with great graphics and new mechanics.

Look man, I like some good graphics and mechanics, but I would like to have  a good story too. Which is exactly what Skyrim fails at. It has some great moments, sure, but hey, the quests are most, if not all, boring and bland. And the Guilds? The Companions was just a series of dungeons (the best thing was definitely the werewolf transformation), the Thiefs was boring, and the Wizards was definitely good, but only in the last part.
And shall we talk about items? No possibility to mix spells, no complex thinking into equipping the equipment (pun unintended) , just get the most powerful weapon/ spell and the armor with the highest defence rating and stock on health/ mana potions.

First of all. BETHESDA ISNT MAKING THIS GAME. Zenimax, Bethesda's mother company, is making the game. So don't hate on Bethesda for this game.

Bethesda has the franchise. They are the ones that decided to make the game. Zenimax is just the team that's going to do it.

I see that you are trying to hate on Bethesda, but its good to get some of your facts right first.

I see why you tought that. I had a bad day, and I apologize for the hating. I should really think more before talking/ writing.

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 4:34pm

xNightwish

xNightwish

1,560 posts

Bethesda has the franchise. They are the ones that decided to make the game. Zenimax is just the team that's going to do it.

No. Just no.
These days Bethesda is just a "part" of Zenimax. Bethesda couldn't have decided to do it, Zenimax did it. If Zenimax buys the CoD franchise and tells Bethesda to release one every year Bethesda does it. Although probably a lot of people will leave but that's another story.

This game will probably be like the usual P2W game. I wouldn't have any problems with a well made MMORPG, but this looks like the hundred copypasted ones you can find on the internets.
I would like to be wrong, but this is the impression I have.

Have you even seen videos about the game. Look at the "Introduction to The Elder Scrolls Online" video. You see that the game is more than a WoW or GW copy. Just watch the video and listen, and them come back to discuss the game.

But as a die-hard Morrowind addict, I just cannot play the game supposing it is indeed an Elder Scrolls game. It isn't. It's an Elder Scrolls themed MMO, and yes, there is a difference. A vital one for the ES game experience.

I played all 5 games a lot to and that's why I'm so excited about the game. This is the first time since Arena since you can travel trough the whole of Tamriel, and this time the game isn't as easy as Skyrim and will probably be less buggy then Morrowind.
And of course it is a ESthemed MMO, but I think this game will add a lot of pages to the Elder Scrolls Lore and will still have a certain ES feeling.

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 4:51pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

Btw anyone decided which race/faction they will choose?

I decided I'll be a Breton. Bretons are pretty cool cause they're basically Half - Elves.

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 5:06pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,046 posts

Knight

I played all 5 games a lot to and that's why I'm so excited about the game. This is the first time since Arena since you can travel trough the whole of Tamriel, and this time the game isn't as easy as Skyrim and will probably be less buggy then Morrowind.

But Morrowinds bugs added so much charm to the game :P

The problem is with that MMO, you'll stop being the either anonymous or destined hero defining the issue of the game. And from what I saw from the video, they tried of course to add as much lore as possible but there are still loads of things that look like a generic WoW rip-off, and that makes it look ugly. To me at least. Thus merely ES-themed, and not an actual TES game.

Reply to The Elder Scrolls Online

You must be logged in to post a reply!