Forums

ForumsVideo Games

The Elder Scrolls Online

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 9:40pm

xXnereusXx

xXnereusXx

1 post

If none of you have seen it yet, look up "Introduction to Elder Scrolls Online", it answers alot of questions and shows alot of gameplay. I share this in hopes of informing people more on ESO, i admit i was skeptical at first with ESO, but this video makes it somewhat more bearable, while it shows high hopes to ESO. I say i can only be really bad, or really good, it all comes down to ZeniMax and Bethesda...

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 10:01pm

ChromeDeathRazor

ChromeDeathRazor

385 posts

I know that they need money. That's why I don't care. If you make a game only for the money, then you're sure that it won't be too good.
This game will probably be like the usual P2W game. I wouldn't have any problems with a well made MMORPG, but this looks like the hundred copypasted ones you can find on the internets.
I would like to be wrong, but this is the impression I have.

If you were to play an MMORPG without expecting P2W elements, you are going to have a bad time. How do you think they would make money? Look, this is marketing. Not every game company complies with every fan's whim you know and this is something we fans have to stomach. If you think that it is going to be a "clone" of MMO's out there, you should regard xNightwish's statement about that.

I played Morrorwind and managed to get my hands on an old Daggerfall version. Yeah, completely different feelings. I know that times change, but what if, along the usual good story, they added a completely new
combat system? THAT would have been good.
It IS noobish. Not too much, but it still is. I beated it on Master dying only a few times, while on Oblivion is died a lot on Normal difficulty. There is a bland story, and sometimes I feel like I'm playing with a dummy. I haven't got too much power over it, while in Oblivion I could decide to either save the thief or denounce her to the Countess

I know that both games are completely different. As I said, Skyrim was more of a hack and slash with a relatively easy combat whereas combat in oblivion is much tougher as you have to carefully plan your attacks while blocking your opponent's one. But saying that Skyrim is "Noobish" to Oblivion is like comparing an old NES copy of Super Mario Bros to a newer version such as Mario Galaxy. Difficulty in games are questionable, since you have been in the Elder Scrolls series for a long time, compared to others out here.

I know the adventuring part of Skyrim is not as fantastic as Oblivion and in fact, its a little more bland and less cryptic than in Oblivion. But however, expecting every TES game to have everything you want is not a good way to go. Look, I was expecting the combat to be much like OB, and the UI to be in an old fashion medieval theme like in OB but instead, the combat is like a hack and slash and the UI looks rather futuristic but still, the game never failed to captivate me.

Bethesda has the franchise. They are the ones that decided to make the game. Zenimax is just the team that's going to do it.

*Sigh...* Bethesda Game studios is behind the development of the game. Zenimax is the one that owns Bethesda and its game studios...

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 11:47am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,260 posts

Knight

Funny how certain game experiences are completely different between gamers.. for example I would contest about two thirds of everything that has been said on Skyrim in this thread :P Same would probably apply to ESO. I think it depends where you started the series. Those who started with Oblivion think it's the best yet, I think Morrowind is the best yet..

I wonder how many people that will play ESO are gamers who actually know the ES lore from previous games, and how many new players there'll be. Maybe one of the big appeal of the game is the ES theme, but I can't judge how the game appears for one who doesn't know anything of the ES lore.

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 4:34pm

blk2860

blk2860

10,660 posts

To tell you the truth I think Oblivion was MUCH better than Skyrim. Storywise anyway. I like Dualwielding though, It's really annoying that your spells take up a slot. Anyway The graphics are better but the more realistic it gets it gets sort of boring. Another reason I prefer Oblivion is because I prefer Demon overlords to Dragons. Skyrim was also WAY too easy. I don't remember the last time I died that I hadn't just suicided off of the throat of the World cause I got bored. The guilds in Oblivion are better too. The Shouts are pretty cool though. Oblivion like I said was more of a challenge, Especially since armor broke, I remember the good old days when I carried 50 something hammers with me all the time. I liked spell making which Skyrim doesn't have and the quests were better. Overencumberance doesn't keep you from getting to town in Skyrim though which was sort of beneficial.

Back to the main topic, The Elder Scrolls Online should be really fun since it will be the first ES thing where you can adventure with actual people. Also it sounds like it will be more difficult then Skyrim, as well as you can go through all of Tamriel. It also seems to be that the factions will be fun, simply because there's many people to help you. It seems to be that it has good story, and the phasing sounds cool.

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 7:04am

partydevil

partydevil

5,119 posts

To me at least. Thus merely ES-themed, and not an actual TES game.

i'm completely whit you on this.

i wont play the game anyway. i just dont have the time to play a mmo.

Posted Dec 20, '12 at 8:20am

Besch

Besch

45 posts

MMOGs consume your time. If you dont play a minimum time you wont get anywhere ingame. And considering Beth will not charge monthy costs (dont know for sure) they will go with "PayToWin"-concept.

Another no-go: You can only access portions of lands owned by your fraction. So much for their promise "Quest through all parts of Tamriel..."

Posted Dec 20, '12 at 12:07pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,260 posts

Knight

Another no-go: You can only access portions of lands owned by your fraction. So much for their promise "Quest through all parts of Tamriel..."

Is that so? Hah, idiots.

Though actually it might not be that dumb from the producers point of view, as the players will want to conquer the territories in order to see them, and might be more willing to spend money for that than if they could just roam around boundlessly. If they go for the pay-to-win thing of course. Anyway, one more reason to ignore that game.

Posted Dec 20, '12 at 1:45pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,119 posts

Though actually it might not be that dumb from the producers point of view, as the players will want to conquer the territories in order to see them,

after little time there is 1 race popular and owning the world. making it useless to play the others.

why would they do this anyway?
all races are in all "countries" anyway. why wont you be able to play a argonian outside the swamp?

Posted Dec 20, '12 at 2:17pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,260 posts

Knight

It's not single races, there are three main fractions of like three races each or sumthing (like Nords&Dunmer&Argonian, the geographically eastern fraction). And I suspect they foresaw this happening and made the game mechanics so that you cannot just overrun all other territories. After all the main appeal in the game storywise is the conquering of the imperial throne and all of Tamriel for one fraction. But I can't know without playing it, and I won't, so, yeah.

Posted Dec 20, '12 at 3:53pm

Besch

Besch

45 posts

Here is the video with a lot more informations:
click

Reply to The Elder Scrolls Online

You must be logged in to post a reply!