Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

U.S.A Vs U.K. Which is better?

Posted Nov 25, '12 at 1:04pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,622 posts

Knight

Actually, Faulkner was an American author.

And so? I am more fond of Renaissance and Enlightenment literature than contemporary literature.

They're just too similar to say one's great and the other sucks.

They aren't the same.

that aren't actually exactly the same but their populations like to pretend their different?

There is no pretension in the diversity of culture.

Posted Nov 25, '12 at 3:44pm

fracell

fracell

68 posts

i say u.s.,yeah you have gun controll but in america you have the right to buy what you want to

Posted Nov 25, '12 at 5:03pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

10,085 posts

This is where my problem starts Everyone gets health care... Good right??
Yeah thats good But when some people WORK for that and others DON'T then I have an issue.

What about those that can't work?

but in america you have the right to buy what you want to

Customer: "I'd like a pack of gum, please"
Clerk: "NO! Get the **** out of my store!"

Posted Nov 27, '12 at 11:40am

09philj

09philj

2,535 posts

Gun control won't keep crime rates up or down. That's a silly myth designed in part so that we can pretend like the wealth stratification we all benefit from isn't the real causal factor.

On the other hand, there is more homicide in th u.s.a.
(source: UNODC)

Posted Nov 27, '12 at 1:02pm

jeol

jeol

3,964 posts

New Zealand. I guess it's technically under the UK, but it isn't really bound to it. It at least doesn't have gun control, at least not in the case that no one can legally own a firearm. The healthcare system doesn't sound incredibly bad, but I'd have to do more research on it.

On the other hand, there is more homicide in th u.s.a.

As a percentage, or by number? And is that only by firearm?

Respectively, I do hear that the UK is a lot harder to get into these days, and most people in the UK are very self-conscious of crime.

Posted Nov 27, '12 at 1:08pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,311 posts

As a percentage, or by number? And is that only by firearm?

1. mexico: 18.3 per 100.000 people
2. estonia: 5.3 " " "
3. usa: 5.1 " " "
4. don't remember: 3.7 " " "

Posted Nov 27, '12 at 4:14pm

davezorz

davezorz

2 posts

So many ways you can go on this to argue who is better in which category (such as economy, military, etc)...but I'm guessing how you mean better isn't by comparison of these categories..but for personal preference.

For me..I'll just open up my military strategist me...U.S.A.
Especially now...it would be extremely difficult for the U.K. to win against the U.S. in a head-to-head war. Extremely..difficult

I agree with pangtongshu. It's really too hard to compare because they are both so different, and both have their pros and cons. Not sure it is possible to make a 100% determination between either being better or worse.

Posted Nov 27, '12 at 11:37pm

DUNE787

DUNE787

2 posts

Neither.

UK has the European Union which is messing everything up and the US is too fiscally irresponsible.
Canada is the way to go!

Posted Nov 28, '12 at 5:13am

BritHennerz

BritHennerz

406 posts

It seems that many comments saying that the US is better are about Democracy and

you can buy what you want
yet the UK is a more liberal country and is still a democracy with an elected government.

I like the US, the food portions are great, everyone is friendly and things are cheaper there but it's just a bit too mad for me. Everyone keeps on cheering which does my head in.

Posted Nov 28, '12 at 8:52am

BritHennerz

BritHennerz

406 posts

2 - Healthcare there is Free.

No it's not.

Um yes it is. The NHS provides a healthcare service free of charge. There are other options if you want a higher standard of healthcare, for that you have to pay.

Reply to U.S.A Vs U.K. Which is better?

You must be logged in to post a reply!