ForumsWEPRU.S.A Vs U.K. Which is better?

80 29915
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I say U.K. We have gun control, which helps keep the homicide rate down. We also have free healthcare for all. That's a start;what do you think?

• 80 Replies
sysy
sysy
5 posts
Peasant

Well...we have a better military and a better economy (although both the U.S. and the U.K.'s economy SUCKS).

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I really don't care because I have this feeling that this might have been made to start a controversy, not just for seeing who liked what.

Nightfang21
Nightfang21
117 posts
Nomad

Even though USA is in a one way **** hole i still stand by her anyday.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

UK, the home of English, rich history, and absolutely crap weather. Football capital of the world, James Bond, the old colonial master, hats off to the Queen, beautiful accents, and the best and oldest universities in the world. Without her, half the world wouldn't be here today. Home of the dearest and most exquisite literature, Top Gear, BBC and countless historical landmarks. Such a romantic, bloody, magnificent nation.

So many people rate military as an important factor that it's immensely depressing.

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

For me..I'll just open up my military strategist me...U.S.A.
Especially now...it would be extremely difficult for the U.K. to win against the U.S. in a head-to-head war. Extremely..difficult

I thought that the OP was asking which country is better to live in, not which country is stronger. Anyways military doesn't really say which country is better I think, you have to take into account obesity rates, economics, crime rates etc...

I prefer the U.S. This link explains it all.

We all know that youtube songs are a good reason to believe in one countries superiority over another.
Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

Why would I want to live somewhere that doesn't let me carry or even own a gun or forces me to buy sub-par insurance?
Well the insurance thing will happen soon enough, unfortunately.
You..you do realize that also describes the US, right? Right? Of course you do.
Guns are legal in the U.S. Even Walmart sells guns.
Another thing about the U.K.: What is the purpose of having a queen?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Another thing about the U.K.: What is the purpose of having a queen?

Head of State, symbol, rich historical symbol. Keeps the people happy. The Royal family has immense prestige.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

UK, the home of English, rich history, and absolutely crap weather. Football capital of the world, James Bond, the old colonial master, hats off to the Queen, beautiful accents, and the best and oldest universities in the world. Without her, half the world wouldn't be here today. Home of the dearest and most exquisite literature, Top Gear, BBC and countless historical landmarks. Such a romantic, bloody, magnificent nation.

^this. If I attached much importance to a country's military forces, I'd have to change country, seriously X) But I'm sure I would feel much more comfortable in the UK than in the US. It has just so much more charm, and is so much more comprehensible to me.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I would have to change too. Then again I'm from the second most militarized nation on earth. Seriously, a stint in the army will easily cure anyone's obsession over it as a national glory.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I thought that the OP was asking which country is better to live in, not which country is stronger. Anyways military doesn't really say which country is better I think, you have to take into account obesity rates, economics, crime rates etc...

He didn't state so...just which was better.

I'm not about to get into a nationalistic debate over which country is generally the better...and I'm more of a military-strategist person so I just stuck with that section
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

I say U.K. We have gun control, which helps keep the homicide rate down. We also have free healthcare for all. That's a start;what do you think?

I would say both are ok and i think as my opinion that we should have little government and more power to the people all government should do is keep control.

Ok let me tackle some of these
Quotes
i think i want to talk about

I say U.K. We have gun control, which helps keep the homicide rate down.

Great thats cool now, If you have Gun control i am not very familiar with but i would say i like pro gun but they should pass all the background tests

We also have free healthcare for all.

This is where my problem starts Everyone gets health care... Good right??
Yeah thats good But when some people WORK for that and others DON'T then I have an issue.

~Black
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

This is where my problem starts Everyone gets health care... Good right??
Yeah thats good But when some people WORK for that and others DON'T then I have an issue.

And when some people do not have enough to pay because of the privatization of healthcare, what do you do then?
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Gun control won't keep crime rates up or down. That's a silly myth designed in part so that we can pretend like the wealth stratification we all benefit from isn't the real causal factor.

Home of the dearest and most exquisite literature,
Actually, Faulkner was an American author.

I don't get why America vs. UK is a thing. They're both basically ****. They're just too similar to say one's great and the other sucks. Why no compare them to other western nations that aren't actually exactly the same but their populations like to pretend their different?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Actually, Faulkner was an American author.

And so? I am more fond of Renaissance and Enlightenment literature than contemporary literature.

They're just too similar to say one's great and the other sucks.

They aren't the same.

that aren't actually exactly the same but their populations like to pretend their different?

There is no pretension in the diversity of culture.
fracell
fracell
67 posts
Nomad

i say u.s.,yeah you have gun controll but in america you have the right to buy what you want to

Showing 16-30 of 80