ForumsThe TavernThe book club

48 7435
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

I know its sound like a thing that 35 single moms with proble with the self-estime do, but yet it can be nice.

We choose a book, everyone read it and then we talk about it. anyone in?

• 48 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

If I can find the time I'd love to

May I recommend Fox in Socks? I heard it is a literary masterpiece

In all seriousness...I would actually like to join...if my schedule in the near future allows me to

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I will join on three conditions.

1) It's a book I want to read.
2) If I read that book.
3) If I feel like posting.

My attendance shall be superb only in how utterly not there it is.

In all seriousness though, how would books be chosen? We suggest them and vote on which? This also seems like a thread that might fit more in the Popular Media section, although I can see why you chose to put it here in The Tavern.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

I will join if:

It's a book that seems interesting
Easily obtainable.
I have the time to actually read it.

Anyhow, it sounds cool.
When do you play on announcing the first book?

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Lets say that in the 23 of november Ill give the first book.

Is ther eare topics you prefer? fictional? history? Humoristic?

Rakim
Rakim
143 posts
Treasurer

Sounds like a great idea, if we can make it work. I might join in if I have time. I want to finish the novel I'm reading now before I start another one.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Is ther eare topics you prefer? fictional? history? Humoristic?

I generally find fictional books to be the best, but, I don't mind really.

Do you have any ideas for books thus far and we can say what we think of actually reading them?
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

World War Z. I have to admit, i read it already, But i wont mind reading it again. Its is one of the best books i ever read. what do you say?

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

It's an interesting choice and more relevant due to the movie coming out soon. It could be worth a shot, guess I'll see if it's at the library.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I say that it should be what Kyouzou said, or perhaps one of the classics. (anyone up for reading Who Goes There, or The Time Machine?)

also, are we supposed to buy the book if the library doesn't have it?

~~~Darth Caedus

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I remember when my mom used to have book club. My siblings and I used to call them the laughing ladies.

As long as it's a good book and I have time to read it and/or post about it I'm in.

Jumpper
Jumpper
196 posts
Nomad

World War Z

Where Do I sign?
Jumpper
Jumpper
196 posts
Nomad

sorry for the double post but there is a book I would like to suggest.
Count monte cristo.
I have started to read it but haven't gotten very far but it is a really great book for the time it was written in.

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

COUNT ME IN. As you see in my Bio i am a huge reader. what reading level and maturity level of books are we talking??

genres: fantasy(majority of all books i read)
Crime/mystery/law fiction(half of what else i read
Sy-fy/dystopian(the rest of what i read)

Books in each genre: Fantasy: Eragon? Harry Potter?. those were jokes. i expect everyone here to have read those two of the best series in history(they are top grossing) now to serious suggestions. The Illiad. The Odyssey. Nicholas Flamel series, the first one is The Alchemist.

Crime/mystery/law: ANYTHING by John Grisham. Hardy boys obviously, though i have read 75% of them.

Sy-fy, dystopian: ENDER'S GAME BY ORSON SCOTT CARD. THERE IS A MOVIE COMING OUT SOON. A MUST READ BOOK. Divergent by Veronica Roth. World War Z. Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep(also known as blade runner). Evil Genius by Catherine Jinks(AMAZING three book series.) H.I.V.E. by Mark Walden.

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

This just won't work. I like the idea, though.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Count monte cristo.

I feel this would have split discussions very easily...

One group would be talking about how cool the Count was and the stuff he did

The other group would be talking about the deterioration of The Count's view of right and wrong and if his actions are heroic or those of a villain?
Showing 1-15 of 48