Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Oops wrong order.

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 4:12pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,287 posts

The one time I ordered a Dorito taco from Taco bell...the meat and cheese (I don't get any of that extra crap) only filled about 1/10 of the taco (roucg, but pretty accurate estimate)

Has anyone else realized that the one dollar items at fast food places have gradually gotten smaller.

Never had my order messed up, but got annoyed when McDonalds raised the price of fries, small drinks, and the other component of their $3  3 item meal.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 10:02pm

skater_kid_who_pwns

skater_kid_who_pwns

4,313 posts

The one time I ordered a Dorito taco from Taco bell...the meat and cheese (I don't get any of that extra crap) only filled about 1/10 of the taco (roucg, but pretty accurate estimate)

Think about that though, they charge you X amount for the taco, and everything in it. X amount covers the meat the cheese the vegetables, the cream cheese, whatever. It does not account for you being picky and wanting piles of meat. If they did that, the store comes up short for meat, and no one is happy.

Has anyone else realized that the one dollar items at fast food places have gradually gotten smaller.

Inflation. You either pay more for the same thing, or pay the same amount for a smaller portion.

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 10:08pm

tegan190

tegan190

614 posts

Inflation. You either pay more for the same thing, or pay the same amount for a smaller portion.

I feel like that's true for every other fast food, except taco bell. Taco bell hasn't really raised there prices and made anything smaller. They have definitely made new items that aren't necessarily worth the price, like the churro and the cookie sandwich thing. But they sure are tasty.

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 12:17am

idigit

idigit

259 posts

Applebees

baked potato

put LITERALLY an entire salt shaker worth of salt on it

NO JOKE

i mean it dissolved in but it was UNBERABLE

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 1:49am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,715 posts

Think about that though, they charge you X amount for the taco, and everything in it. X amount covers the meat the cheese the vegetables, the cream cheese, whatever. It does not account for you being picky and wanting piles of meat. If they did that, the store comes up short for meat, and no one is happy.

I wouldn't be that upset about it...had the advertisements not made it seem like about at least half of the taco was meat and cheese

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 1:57am

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,287 posts

Taco bell hasn't really raised there prices and made anything smaller.

No, Tacos used to be much bigger.
let me share a little anecdote.

Every year, we would drive a couple hours to the state fair (this was before we moved), and because we didn't really have the ability to easily bring food from home, we would walk to the nearby fast food restaurants. But, last time we went to that fair (3 or 4 years ago), the tacos were these tiny things, and one person needed 2 or 3 in order to have a meal, and they were still a buck.

(I know that they would have had smaller tacos anyway because of the state fair and already large city, but I remember them being larger than they were that year)

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 2:40am

IAgreeWithYou

IAgreeWithYou

419 posts

put LITERALLY an entire salt shaker worth of salt on it

I know the feeling. People say that it's horrible having too little...but if the you starting to have baked potato with your salt you've gone too far.

Reminds me of subway. I always have to ask them to put a quarter of the mayonaise they normally put and they still go up and back four times! How much mayonaise does subway have to spare?

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 9:51pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,620 posts

I remembered another one from when I was 10. I was with my parents at a hotel and we were hungry so we went to the hotel's restraunt thing. As I was 10 I thought I was too young to have any of the "adult" meals, so I ordered just regular chicken fingers with fries. I waited at least 4 hours before I acctually got the food.

After you have idiots derping in your ear for a few hours, it all runs together.

Who the employees or the customers?

Posted Nov 23, '12 at 12:59pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,691 posts

Knight

I was staying with my dad for a month and during that time we went up to see my uncle (his brother) for a week. As such I was doing a lot of eating out. Non of the places had gotten my order right. During the time we were with my uncle we went to this one place. The waitress there said to us that she was deaf but could read lips so just face her when we place our order. I just mouthed my order with out making a sound. As it turned out the deaf waitress was the only one to get my order right the whole month. I made sure she got a good tip for that.

Yeah I know the story didn't end with a wrong order, but it was still related to getting wrong orders.

Reply to Oops wrong order.

You must be logged in to post a reply!