ForumsNews and Feedback[ANS] I'm going to go deaf. Do something about this please!

22 9424
Wyuen
Wyuen
374 posts
Nomad

It's been happening again and again and I'm just so fed up. In the last minute I clicked on a game, and the armor games logo blasted up in my screen. My volume meter is at halfway. Halfway! for goodness sake and yet the sounds of the swords clashing screamed through my speakers and woke up the whole neighbourhood.

Good grief, do you want us users to go deaf? This is in no way helping my tinnitus at all. I don't want to mute my sound everytime I go onto this website. Do something about it please!

• 22 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I generally keep my volume meter at about 30% and I have no problems. If you also wish to listen to music from a program other than your browser, your computer should have a volume mixer that will allow you to lower the volume of the browser only.

tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

Yeah, the only game that keeps muted even when you reload or come back to the game, is gemcraft that i've come across so far. I wish there was a setting where the sounds don't play.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

You can do what Patrick said...or you could lower your volume until it passes. It doesn't last that long at all and one gets a good idea of when it is coming up

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

Dang. I usually keep it around 8%. xD

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

If you played games at ArmorGames for a while, you kind of know this and take into account that this might (usually) happen... I myself only crank up the volume when I'm playing the game, not in advance. Maybe something you need to get accustomed to?

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

I don't see why it should be necessary for us to adjust our volume every time we go to play a game.
There should be a feature to mute all sounds on the site or they could at least reduce the sound of the logo, it isn't quite necessary to have it so loud.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Well... then it's probably a way of looking at it differently GhostOfHorror. I don't see the neccessity of having such a feature for the entire website... don't even know if this is even possible? =/

However, I believe that all they can do right now is reduce the master volume for an ArmorGames logo sequence playing before loading a game at the ArmorGames end, but the rest is completely something up to the gamer and (like I already said) not something I am personally bothered with that much... once you have it in your system it becomes a second nature to you to turn it down before loading.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Yes... I hate when i'm like all quiet and in stealth mode and then...

*SWORDS CLATTERING*
Parents- What the heck wuz that?

See my point... Anyways i keep my volume somewhere in the 30s...

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

To defend the ArmorGames loading sequence... personally I am actually very fond of theirs. It's one of the few I really like! Next to the ones made by JuicyBeast and Bezerk! Can't turn my volume down for these... that would be blasphemy... =P

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

@DayCee

Lol... I just noticed that I'm not fond of loading sequences at all xD

JuiceyBox
JuiceyBox
129 posts
Peasant

I don't really have a problem about it. Looks pretty cool, actually.

Raze 2 is the only game I know that doesn't have the swords thing.

indianajones1
indianajones1
74 posts
Nomad

I keep my speakers off,so even when I turn on the speakers I barely hear the clashing swords.

dingledork12
dingledork12
3 posts
Bard

Must be your speakers. I have mine at halfway and it is perfectly fine.

Ancuta
Ancuta
146 posts
Bard

I always play the games without sound.. mostly because I play games when I am in school :P

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

Do all the games have to have the sword and shield programmed into them? Because I've noticed some were customized for the game.

Showing 1-15 of 22