ForumsForum GamesWorld in Conflict (City Builder)

154 19632
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

the year is 1984, Tensions between the Eastern Bloc, and NATO are boiling over. Neither side wants to step down, and large build up of forces are everywhere The Doomsday Clock is now at 11:57 The only time it's been closer to doomsday (Midnight) was in 1957. (Historical Divergence) Now many nations are dissolving into internal conflict, only a few nations manage to hold their own, but lose a lot of territory, whether it be for Communism, Democracy, Neither, or just plain Anarchy. Now much of Europe, Asia, and even a lot of the Americas are dissolved into squabbling city states, with (for the times) primitive technology like simple bolt action rifles, and basics for civilization (Agriculture, basic buildings, a list of simple laws, etc.).

Sheet:
Leader Name:
Description:
Bio: optional
Faction: This is what your city state fights for: Democracy, Communism, or Neutral, remember, if you're gonna play a Democratic russian city state, or a communist British city state, don't expect to have any allies
---------
City Name: Can be real, or made up, don't be silly
City Standard:
Population:8,000 (Split between the below 3)
Workers:
Scientists:
Soldiers:
Soldier Types: Militia
---------
Buildings: 800 Houses, Town Hall, Conscription Center,
Vehicles: (For War) none
Defenses: none
Allies: none
Enemies:
ResourcesCatch all currency)50,000
Morale: Average
Events: Your city State has been formed

this will focus on war (and peace), for the most part. And i believe this is it.

• 154 Replies
theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

Leader Name: Savell the Mighty
Description: 180 Lbs, muscular, 5'11", brown eyes, black hair, and a Now shaved chin.
Bio: Proud and physically powerful, able to brawl his way out of the loudest tavern and yet delicately difuse a a tense situation.
Faction: Neither
Nationality: American
----------
City Name: New Hope
City Standard: A green cross on a white field.
Population:7,990 (Split between the below 3)
Workers:3500
Scientists:2500
Soldiers:1990
---------
Buildings: 800 Houses, Town Hall, Conscription Center, lumber mill, quarry, farm, Small watch tower, Agricultural Research Center, Triage building
Tech: Bolt Action Rifles, Advanced Agricultural Tool (Iron ploughs, iron scythes, etc.), Rudimentary medical practices
Enemies:
Resources:45,000
Morale:Above-Average
Events: Flak Jackets: 1 turns,, 200 houses: 2 turns, 1,000 population: 1 turns, Scope:10 turns

Sooner or later they'll have to stop. The trucks, that is. But, yeah, I need faster transportation, so I break up the 500 soldiers into groups of 5 and tell them to look for horses all over the place, and bring them back here once they find any.

maxaznboy
maxaznboy
216 posts
Peasant

Leader Name: Glades
Description: Average male: black hair, brown eyes, etc;
Bio: The only reason why he is a leader is because while everyone else seems to conflict over it, Glades couldn't care less about the position -- to much responsibilities and such. Knowing that he wouldn't abuse the power of command, others start to nominate and look at him as their leader, soon nearly everyone did, and with no supporters, soon too did the other leader candidates.
Faction: Neutral
Nationality:Austrian
Area: (naturally) Austria
---------
City Name: Frontrosis
City Standard: Black Flag
Population:8,000
Workers: 4000
Scientists: 1000
Soldiers: 3000
---------
Buildings: 800 Houses, Town Hall, Conscription Center, 100 Farms, Resource Storage
Enemies:
Events: , 2 small watchtowers: 3 turns, school: 4 turns, Medium Agriculture: 2 turns, 200 houses:4 turns

{quote[]so what now?[/quote]
Well, for now I'll have my scientists(300) and militias(err 1000) so around and scout the area and researching safe watering spots and poisonous/non-poisonous food sources, since we'll need water to make ice.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Description: 180 Lbs, muscular, 5'11", brown eyes, black hair, and a Now shaved chin.
Bio: Proud and physically powerful, able to brawl his way out of the loudest tavern and yet delicately difuse a a tense situation.
----------
---------
Buildings: 800 Houses, Town Hall, Conscription Center, lumber mill, quarry, farm, Small watch tower, Agricultural Research Center, Triage building
Tech: Bolt Action Rifles, Advanced Agricultural Tool (Iron ploughs, iron scythes, etc.), Rudimentary medical practices
Enemies:
Events: Flak Jackets: 1 turns,, 200 houses: 2 turns, 1,000 population: 1 turns, Scope:10 turns

yeah, wild horses don't just walk with you.

Bio: The only reason why he is a leader is because while everyone else seems to conflict over it, Glades couldn't care less about the position -- to much responsibilities and such. Knowing that he wouldn't abuse the power of command, others start to nominate and look at him as their leader, soon nearly everyone did, and with no supporters, soon too did the other leader candidates.
---------
---------
Buildings: 800 Houses, Town Hall, Conscription Center, 100 Farms, Resource Storage
Enemies:
Events: , 2 small watchtowers: 3 turns, school: 4 turns, Medium Agriculture: 2 turns, 200 houses:4 turns

they find a small river, and *dice rolling* hey-o! they find a group of deer, seemingly unafraid of you

maxaznboy
maxaznboy
216 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
Enemies:

they find a small river, and *dice rolling* hey-o! they find a group of deer, seemingly unafraid of you
Hoo, alright, I'll have them first research about the deers for awhile, around 3 days maybe, -- about what they eat, their travel route, watering spots, etc -- then try to catch some to breed (for food mainly) and maybe train (wonder if they'll make a good mount).
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
Enemies:

delicious leaves and berries

anywho you take about, all of them, in without a fight

anywho deer don't have the muscle to carry a soldier, but are delicious, i've had moose jerky (close enough) and boy is it good

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

----------
---------
Enemies:

Oh, sorry for not explaining. Wild horses can be tamed, or "broken" by forcefully riding them, so *screws with time* before my soldiers leave, I tell them about that.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

----------
---------
Enemies:

you'll need to catch them first, and soldiers being soldiers, they're better at shooting things than riding them

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

----------
---------
Enemies:

....You're really making this hard for me aren't you.
I recall the soldiers and just look for horses myself. I also look for other interesting stuff.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Name: Antony Jackson
Race: Human
Class: Sniper
Side: Fandor-Labha unified nation
----------
Squad: Savell, Human, 28 (Shocktrooper), Vekel, Midor, 89, (Engineer), Brian Smith, Human, 41, (Medic), Helvian Garess, Labha, 35 (Infantryman)
Weapons: RSN laser long range
Armor: Ghillie Suit
Misc.: Field bandages, C rations, smoke grenades, swiss army knife, bandana, Mk. II combat blade, Small Pain Killer Syrette,
Health: 120/120
Armor Condition:150/150
---------
Phy.Desc.: Tall, broad-shouldered, shaggy black hair, crooked nose and heavily scarred from numerous battle injuries.
Traits:Battle Hardened: +20 health
Bio: One of the more idealistic humans, Antony deserted when the war started, believing the Humans to be the aggressors and generally evil beings. He helps the Aliens as a reminder that not all humans are evil. Just most of them. To prove this, several times he has rushed with his squad into battlefields to aid the aliens, disrearding the human's strength.
Perk: Idealism: you can work Midorian, Technology, as effectively as human tech

i hope you understand, it took millions of years to teach dogs not to kill us when they see us

you find some wild horses, deer, goats...

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

You posted my sheet from the other game. No matter.

----------
---------
Enemies:

Oh, I understand. And back then, they were wolves, natural predators. Horses and other herbivores, on the other hand, if they haven't seen people for a while, they shouldn't run away.

I grab the nearest piece of fruit (Horses like apples, know this from personal experience) and then very slowly walk up to them. Veeeeeeerrry sloooooowly. Slower than a snail. If they haven't bolted by the time I reach them, I try to feed them chunks of apple. "Good horsey...good horsey..." I say.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

----------
---------
Enemies:

JSYK, you smell terrible to animals, they smell that, they bolt

the horses look at you, but it seems to be a Bronco, and not happy with you being htere

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

----------
---------
Enemies:

Darn. I memorize the spot, and step away slowly. I need a shower...so I walk back to my city and ask my builders to create/improve the plumbing system around here. If we already have running water, I take a bath to get rid of my smell.

PwnajLeadah981
PwnajLeadah981
564 posts
Nomad

Sorry for the long delay.
Leader Name: Lope Luna
Description: He is strong, smart, strategic, and has black eyes, clean cut black hair; a firm stature, slightly latino-tan; and is 5"11' tall.
Faction: Democracy
---------
City Name: Technoberno
Located near Philippines, some miles to the west.
City Standard: A giant monument of the flags of Tenochtitlan, Tokyo, and Berlin and the legendary warriors named Kinos, Ronin, and Sora.
Workers:3,000
Scientists:2,500
Soldiers:2,500
---------
Enemies:
Resources:50,000
On an island.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

----------
---------
Enemies:

not actual Body Odor, it's the smell of human, ew

Sorry for the long delay.
Leader Name: Lope Luna
Description: He is strong, smart, strategic, and has black eyes, clean cut black hair; a firm stature, slightly latino-tan; and is 5"11' tall.
Faction: Democracy
---------
City Name: Technoberno
Located near Philippines, some miles to the west.
City Standard: A giant monument of the flags of Tenochtitlan, Tokyo, and Berlin and the legendary warriors named Kinos, Ronin, and Sora.
Workers:3,000
Scientists:2,500
Soldiers:2,500
---------
Enemies:
Resources:50,000
On an island.

your first move

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

----------
---------
Enemies:

...*Sigh* Then I'll have to mask the smell with strong herbs like mint.
I take 100 scientists into the surrounding fields and look for mint and other herbs. We could also make good tea out of mint...

Showing 121-135 of 154