Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Grammar Nazi

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 7:58am

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

Who here is  a grammar Nazi? I can't stand it when people butcher the English language online. Who else is a grammar nazi?

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Grammar_3f87c0_1584628.gif

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 8:02am

ironblade41

ironblade41

523 posts

Me are some grammar nazis! Just kidding. I am a grammar Nazi, too. Come to think of it, I'm less of a grammar nazi and more of a grammar democratic republican.

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 10:26am

light_chaser

light_chaser

659 posts

beeng grummur nuzi r kewl.

haha, just kidding, I could be classified as a grammar nazi, it ticks me off when I see the crap that people post nowadays.

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 11:26am

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

To be honest, I rarely point out anyone's grammatical or spelling errors on here, since I'm sure I make quite a few myself.

However, if I'm in a Kong chatroom and someone comes in with terrible grammar trying to troll I usually just do something like.

you're*
their*

And so forth, just to try annoy them, otherwise I never really do it.

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 11:37am

zonic98

zonic98

485 posts

you're * is the one I would like to nazi everyone about.

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 2:33pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

Grammatik Macht Frei!

Your/You're and There/Their/They're and Whos/Who's and It/It's are the only ones I really care about personally. Though I only really watch myself for mistakes than go around and correct everyone elses.

Is it just me, or has this thread made me really self-concious about my grammar? I think I've gone through and triple checked everything and I'm still not sure... :/

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 2:37pm

daleks

daleks

3,184 posts

My mom is more of a grammar Nazi then I am. Or is it than? I always get those confused. I do however piss people off. People will ask me if I can do something and I will reply that I CAN. The smart ones then know that I want them to use the word will. The dumb ones just stare blankly at me.

Also my English teacher said that you have to read the book to do good on the test. I wanted to walk out right then. It is do well! Come on! You are an English teacher.

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 3:23pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

435 posts

I think I've gone through and triple checked everything and I'm still not sure... :/

Comma between independent clauses linked by a conjunction.

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 3:30pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,549 posts

You even cares about dis... Its online... U guys r crazy to care.

Jk... I try to not completely mess it up but... For example aspostrophes don't matter to me when I'm on the Internet. Or capitalizing i.

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 3:35pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,155 posts

W├╝rden Sie nicht haben, werden Deutsch sprechen eine korrekte Grammatik Nazi sein?

I know this is an  English ONLY forum, so here's what I typed into Google Translate.

Wouldn't you have to be speaking German to be a proper grammar nazi?

~~~Darth Caedus

Reply to Grammar Nazi

You must be logged in to post a reply!