Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Eyesight

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 12:33pm

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

A bit of a random thread, I guess but, meh.

What's your eyesight like?
Do you need glasses?
Have you noticed a deterioration in your eyesight since using the internet?
Anything about eyes, really.

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 12:58pm

awesomeplayer312

awesomeplayer312

188 posts

I dont need glasses, I have perfect vision (20/20).Um my eye color is brown. Also my mom told me if your on the computer and your too close then it can mess up your vision.Same with reading a book.Hhaha i guess thats it

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 1:23pm

fireangle

fireangle

134 posts

I have glasses but I only wear them at school.. I can see fine with out my glasses they just keep my eyes from relying on my right eye to much. I have green/blue/gray that change color depending on what I'm wearing and the lighting.

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 2:22pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,204 posts

I need glasses big time. Without my glasses, I see 20/100, which is the line just below the big E. What I see 20 feet away the people with good eyesight can see 100 feet away. My prescription is two sets of lenses glued together. Hopefully after my Bachelor's I can see about getting LASIK so I don't have to wear glasses anymore until presbyopia kicks in and I start to wear reading glasses.

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 2:33pm

daleks

daleks

3,303 posts

What's your eyesight like?

My eyes are HORRIBLE!

Do you need glasses?

Of course I do. Without them I am blind.

I see 20/100

I wish I actually knew what my number is. Can you read things on AG when you are a normal distance away from the computer?  I have to be really close to the computer to read it at all.

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 3:26pm

light_chaser

light_chaser

659 posts

my eyesight could be called "good", but I am a bit farsighted.

I found this out the hard way after many migraines from getting to close to the computer...  -.-

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 3:40pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

435 posts

I wear contacts. My right and left eyes are -7.00 and -6.50 diopters, respectively. Not sure if it's possible to directly convert to the Snellen scale, but I think I'm legally blind without glasses (assuming you take out the corrective clause).

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 4:16pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,385 posts

I wear glasses, I'm near sighted. If I don't have my glasses I can't see far  away at all. If I don't wear my glasses I have to put my face up to the computer or TV screen. My eyes are brown, same as my hair. Sometimes I can't see things when they're right in front of me practically, maybe it's because I don't notice them.

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 4:43pm

spinmove

spinmove

25 posts

I need glasses big time. Without my glasses, I see 20/100, which is the line just below the big E. What I see 20 feet away the people with good eyesight can see 100 feet away. My prescription is two sets of lenses glued together. Hopefully after my Bachelor's I can see about getting LASIK so I don't have to wear glasses anymore until presbyopia kicks in and I start to wear reading glasses.

My eyesight is even worse, I can only make out the big E and even that is really blurry. I can see about 6 inches past my nose perfectly, everything beyond that is absolute mush. I am also going to try Lasik surgery in about 4 years. ( I am 16 and a half)

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 4:55pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

I wear contacts and glasses (not at the same time)...don't really mind though. I plan on getting surgery to correct it when old enough

Though...I'm colourblind so I gots that goin for me

Reply to Eyesight

You must be logged in to post a reply!