ForumsThe TavernEyesight

42 5619
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

A bit of a random thread, I guess but, meh.

What's your eyesight like?
Do you need glasses?
Have you noticed a deterioration in your eyesight since using the internet?
Anything about eyes, really.

• 42 Replies
awesomeplayer312
awesomeplayer312
187 posts
Nomad

I dont need glasses, I have perfect vision (20/20).Um my eye color is brown. Also my mom told me if your on the computer and your too close then it can mess up your vision.Same with reading a book.Hhaha i guess thats it

fireangle
fireangle
176 posts
Nomad

I have glasses but I only wear them at school.. I can see fine with out my glasses they just keep my eyes from relying on my right eye to much. I have green/blue/gray that change color depending on what I'm wearing and the lighting.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I need glasses big time. Without my glasses, I see 20/100, which is the line just below the big E. What I see 20 feet away the people with good eyesight can see 100 feet away. My prescription is two sets of lenses glued together. Hopefully after my Bachelor's I can see about getting LASIK so I don't have to wear glasses anymore until presbyopia kicks in and I start to wear reading glasses.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

My eyes are HORRIBLE!
Do you need glasses?

Of course I do. Without them I am blind.
I see 20/100

I wish I actually knew what my number is. Can you read things on AG when you are a normal distance away from the computer? I have to be really close to the computer to read it at all.
light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

my eyesight could be called "good", but I am a bit farsighted.

I found this out the hard way after many migraines from getting to close to the computer... -.-

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

I wear contacts. My right and left eyes are -7.00 and -6.50 diopters, respectively. Not sure if it's possible to directly convert to the Snellen scale, but I think I'm legally blind without glasses (assuming you take out the corrective clause).

spinmove
spinmove
25 posts
Nomad

I need glasses big time. Without my glasses, I see 20/100, which is the line just below the big E. What I see 20 feet away the people with good eyesight can see 100 feet away. My prescription is two sets of lenses glued together. Hopefully after my Bachelor's I can see about getting LASIK so I don't have to wear glasses anymore until presbyopia kicks in and I start to wear reading glasses.

My eyesight is even worse, I can only make out the big E and even that is really blurry. I can see about 6 inches past my nose perfectly, everything beyond that is absolute mush. I am also going to try Lasik surgery in about 4 years. ( I am 16 and a half)
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I wear contacts and glasses (not at the same time)...don't really mind though. I plan on getting surgery to correct it when old enough

Though...I'm colourblind so I gots that goin for me

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

My eyesight it awful, my vision is about 1/4 the normal persons. I guess that would make me 25/100. I wear glasses all day everyday.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Since I have joined AG, not so good. Up close I can see things fine, from far it is a bit blurry. When I go for a drive and I see a sign I need to squint to see the letters, and even then I have a hard time. I think my phone is messing up my eyesight too, I remember seeing a article somewhere stating that smartphones can deteriorate eyesight.

Do you need glasses?

No I don't actually, I do fine without glasses. Things may seem a bit blurry but not to bad, I can still see things just some small detail will come of a bit blurry. My parents have been freaking out whenever I squint, so I just do some eye exercises every now and then. If I keep this up I might loose a lot of my eyesight and need to wear glasses though...

Have you noticed a deterioration in your eyesight since using the internet?

There has been a huge deterioration of my eyesight! I use to see things from miles away, now, past 20 feet things get very blurry. I hate it so much...

Anything about eyes, really.

My left and right eye see light in a different form actually. My left eye see's things fine but my right eye see's things in kind of a Tungsten form. o.o I have had it since I was a kid, it was really weird. I still have it. I am not sure what it is....
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Heh.
I forget to add to the conversation in the OP.

Anyhow; I need glasses if I'm watching tv, in school and basically doing anything I need to focus on faraway.
I'm not too sure what my eyesight is, but it is pretty bad considering I was born with 20/20 vision or 100/100 as you're saying?

There isn't really anyone in my family that needs glasses, only a few of my cousins do and that's only because their parent that isn't related to me is in need of glasses, so isn't really relatable to me.
So basically what I'm saying is, it's only because of computer's that my eyesight is poor.

Like a lot of people here; I plan on getting laser eye surgery when I can.

I remember seeing a article somewhere stating that smartphones can deteriorate eyesight.

It's probably not the smart phones themselves that damage our eyesight, it's the fact that you'd use them more often than a normal phone.

Anyhow, does anyone know of any good website to examine eyes online?
Might be handy for us to try so we know we're doing the same tests and could compare results that way.
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

My eyesight is pretty good except with colours I'm not colour blind as such just I can't tell some colours apart without concentrating I think its called colour deficient or something it doesn't really affect me much though.

PurpleSquishy
PurpleSquishy
150 posts
Shepherd

Good for now i guess.

Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

my eyesight is fairly good mt right eye is a little blurry nothing i cant manage though

MagicTree
MagicTree
749 posts
Nomad

I am meant to wear glasses...but I don't. One eye is perfect (the right one) and one is kinda bad. (The left one. It's just not a perfect image but not blurry.) I NEVER wear my glasses. They look stupid. >:C

Showing 1-15 of 42