ForumsThe TavernEyesight

42 5631
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

A bit of a random thread, I guess but, meh.

What's your eyesight like?
Do you need glasses?
Have you noticed a deterioration in your eyesight since using the internet?
Anything about eyes, really.

• 42 Replies
pokemonrocks126
pokemonrocks126
665 posts
Nomad

ive hear that colorblind people just see the color differently then us is that true pang

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Color blindness is the inability or decreased ability to see color, or perceive color differences, under normal lighting conditions

From Wikipedia.
404011xz
404011xz
212 posts
Farmer

I think it's called being color blind, no ness in the end.
My eyes are a shade of dark brown and they kinda blend in a bit with my pupil. I used to wear glasses but I got tired of the scratches, the smudges, the breaks, etc etc. I've resentally switched to contacts and they seem to help me out a bit now.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

I think I win the 'worst eyes' award:
Peripherals are great, not colorblind, and no signs of glaucoma, but astigmatic (regular) and extremely nearsighted. Within about 6", the naked eye is much better.

Do you need glasses?

Yup, have for over 12 years.

My prescription is two sets of lenses glued together.

Mine are the same way. It's for astigmatism.

I got tired of the scratches, the smudges, the breaks, etc etc.

I don't even notice the dirt anymore. I haven't had any breaks (other than rarely a loose screw falls out) .
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

ive hear that colorblind people just see the color differently then us is that true pang

For the most part, yes. With me...every colour has another colour I can confuse it with. My worst is blue and purple..unless it is a light blue (like sky blue)..I cannot tell which is which definitively to save my life

I think it's called being color blind, no ness in the end.

In your context it is...but in the definition GoH pulled it is correct.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

My eyesight is alright, though I can't read things clearly 10-20 feet away. Where I'm sitting in my room now, my tv is about 8 feet away, if I browse through the channels I won't be able to read the descriptions clearly. I have glasses, but I don't wear them. They just don't feel comfortable.

404011xz
404011xz
212 posts
Farmer

that is why you should wear them for a few mins before you buy them matrix.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

that is why you should wear them for a few mins before you buy them matrix.

I did. They work, but I don't like wearing them. The thing that touches my nose irritates me, it's not too tight or anything, I just don't want it there. My sunglasses on the other hand, I like wearing them. They don't have that squishy nose thing.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I have 20/20 in both eyes. I can read the bottom line on an eye chart.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Atleast yours are both negitives! Killersup got his eyes checked today and his left eye is -1.25 and his right eye is +.50
collimore
collimore
45 posts
Peasant

I wear contacts because I can't see far away at all... I lived for years when I was younger thinking everybody saw things blurry.

Showing 31-41 of 42