ForumsThe TavernEyesight

42 5618
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

A bit of a random thread, I guess but, meh.

What's your eyesight like?
Do you need glasses?
Have you noticed a deterioration in your eyesight since using the internet?
Anything about eyes, really.

• 42 Replies
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Wow... I feel really bad for you all who have terrible eyesight. I can pretty much read the whole Snellen eye chart with only a couple mishaps.

My math teacher always talks about how he can see perfectly fine with his glasses on and even better than some of us without glasses. He's pretty sweet.

Has anyone ever been called four-eyes?

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Have you noticed a deterioration in your eyesight since using the internet?

My eyesight got worse every year when I was a kid, but it's hard to associate this with internet use, as it's plateaued for the past few years despite an increase in internet use. My eyes are still getting worse, but it's happening at a very slow rate now.

Nope. I'm pretty sure that term is becoming less common with the glasses look becoming mainstream. Sometimes I wonder if people are wearing glasses because they actually need them or because they just like the way they look on them.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I need glaases only for seeing things at a distance. Like, watching tv, going to the movies, playing video games, sporting events, ex.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Nah.
I only wear my glasses when necessary so on a general basis, I wouldn't be wearing them and even the people that do wear them all the time don't get called it.
It's more of a childish thing than anything else.

Do anybody else's eyes change color?

Not that I know of, anytime I've ever checked my eyes have been blue.
I do know someone that has two different coloured eyes, though.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Perfect eyesight, even though I spend an average of 6 hours a day looking at my phone/computer.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Killersup is actually getting contacts on thursday! He can see all right intill about 6 feet. After that stuff goes fuzzy :P Killersup can't read the top line on the test where they make you stand twenty feet away....opps.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Perfect Eyesight. So of course i don't have glasses or anything... But i spend like 6-7 hours staring at a computer/phone on the weekends xD

JuicyFruits
JuicyFruits
171 posts
Nomad

My eyesight is perfect. I'm really glad though, but it's weird because my whole family has terrible eyesight. They have all had glasses but some of them changed to contacts.My mom, her eyesight used to be terrible but now it's getting a lot better. Weird right? My eyes are a really dark brown.They look black at times.It does look kind of creepy at times. Some people are like wow you have dark eyes.I'm like yea......

fireangle
fireangle
176 posts
Nomad

Do anybody else's eyes change color? I think mine generally float between green and blue.

Mine float between grayish blue to grayish green to just gray.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Jokingly..never in a serious way

Do anybody else's eyes change color? I think mine generally float between green and blue.

Same...though I can't tell

Which leads me to a question...am I the only person in the community that is colourblind? It seems so
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Which leads me to a question...am I the only person in the community that is colourblind? It seems so

I think so. Is that that bad?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I think so. Is that that bad?

I wouldn't say it is bad...gives me some distinction =p haha
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

It would classify as a disability in the army though.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

It would classify as a disability in the army though.

Good thing I'm not going into the military XD I know I wouldn't be allowed to be a pilot and police officer (among other jobs) because of it

Also...I plan on getting a few hundred dollars in scholarship with it. You can some pretty fun scholarships out there
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Killersup's eyes change from blue to green then to brown...
Showing 16-30 of 42