Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

GIF Armatars

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 12:40am

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,549 posts

Is it possible that sometime in the future armatars could be GIFs? Anyone else like this idea?

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 1:13am

ironblade41

ironblade41

523 posts

I like that idea! I kinda doubt it'll happen, though.

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 10:58am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,770 posts

I believe this has already been discussed in the former stickied thread about Armatar Updates... I think the option for .gif armatars has been mentioned in there along the way. =)

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 10:29am

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,549 posts

I like that idea! I kinda doubt it'll happen, though.

Yeah... They've already a lot of stuff to do :P

I believe this has already been discussed in the former stickied thread about Armatar Updates... I think the option for .gif armatars has been mentioned in there along the way. =)

Oh... I didn't see that thread as it's a month old and on page 3  of the threads... x)

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 4:48pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,230 posts

Wouldn't this take up a good size of coding space? Or...something like that..

I don't know computers much...but something about lag and all that fun stuff. Get what I'm sayin?

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 4:51pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,549 posts

I don't know computers much...but something about lag and all that fun stuff.

You mean like before the little status dots worked?

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 6:18pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,770 posts

I think pang means in general... there would be a lot more lagging (especially in the forums) when you would have to load a page with .gif armatars instead of the .png ones, especially the more extensive ones with photo quality. At least that's my belief on the matter... =)

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 7:47pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,230 posts

I think pang means in general... there would be a lot more lagging (especially in the forums) when you would have to load a page with .gif armatars instead of the .png ones, especially the more extensive ones with photo quality. At least that's my belief on the matter... =)

Bingo...and I don't see the point in 'em either. They don't serve any purpose other than to be flashy and "hey look at me!" like

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 8:48pm

AnimalSpade

AnimalSpade

3 posts

If it's 1000+ AP, i support.

Posted Nov 24, '12 at 3:12pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,939 posts

Knight

I don't see why an avatar/armatar should be animated. Personally I don't like the idea and am sure it would be rather irritating to have half the page moving in all directions. As mentioned it would also make things more laggy, and finally it would take the wind out of the sails of those who want signatures.. I don't think signatures have a good chance either but you can't have both, or we might just as well change this site to DiscoGames ;)

Reply to GIF Armatars

You must be logged in to post a reply!