Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

GIF Armatars

Posted Nov 24, '12 at 3:18pm

Levitikys

Levitikys

5 posts

Animated avatars on any site tend to be an eyesore and to be honest, they rarely look decent.
If the servers on the site aren't too great to start with, adding movement to the page is hardly going to improve the lag.
The current selection of avatars seem to be working well for the site anyway, it's a good trait for the site to have that all of the avatars people used are designed by members of the site especially with the Thanksgiving Avatars.

Posted Nov 24, '12 at 3:44pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

4,366 posts

More about this idea...
I've gone on other site forums and seen animated avatars... And the site doesn't lag.
Also, if this idea is implemented I think there should an option for each user to turn them off.

Posted Nov 24, '12 at 6:27pm

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

I think I said this on the signatures thread toom
Why bother implement something if the majority of users turn it off?

Posted Nov 25, '12 at 12:48am

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

4,366 posts

True... I still think this is a good idea though... ;P

Posted Nov 25, '12 at 2:37am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

I've gone on other site forums and seen animated avatars... And the site doesn't lag.

AG has experience much more lagging than other forums, however. On top of that, other forums that have animated avatars are made specifically to be forums, so all that computer mumbo jumbo is focused on the forum...AG is flash game focused

Also, I've been on other forums with them as well...next thing I know I'm halfway down the page and have no idea what anyone has said because I've been staring at all the moving pictures

Posted Nov 25, '12 at 2:48am

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

4,366 posts

True that... So this idea Definetly has its ups and downs. With all the cons I'm thinking of now i think the idea isn't as good ;P

Posted Nov 25, '12 at 12:53pm

itman2

itman2

37 posts

i don't think we should i don't want to see cartoons moving around everywhere

Posted Dec 4, '12 at 5:43pm

xeano321

xeano321

2,598 posts

Knight

GIF armatars? I don't like it. Would make the forums look like heck.

If it was only available to those with 7,000 AP or more, then I support. That way, everyone doesn't have one.

Posted Dec 4, '12 at 6:44pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

If it was only available to those with 7,000 AP or more, then I support. That way, everyone doesn't have one.

But think about this...many users are spamming now just to get higher AP and better armatars...imagine if that system was implemented with all the spam that would follow

Posted Dec 11, '12 at 2:57pm

RandomZebra

RandomZebra

7 posts

I also reckon if someone has a certain amount of AP, say 1,000, they should have an option to choose their own Armatar. I'd like to have an Armatar that suits my username, and I'm sure many others would too.

Reply to GIF Armatars

You must be logged in to post a reply!