Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

GIF Armatars

Posted Dec 11, '12 at 5:26pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

11,577 posts

I also reckon if someone has a certain amount of AP, say 1,000, they should have an option to choose their own Armatar. I'd like to have an Armatar that suits my username, and I'm sure many others would too.

There are multiple possible meanings, so I will reply to each meaning I see.

If you mean Custom Armatars, they are currently restricted to admins with no apparent AP requirement.

If you mean Choose your Armatar, you can always choose your armatar from a list that grows as you gain AP. When you reach 10,000 AP, you will have access to every armatar except for inactive seasonals and custom armatars created by admins.

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 9:27pm

GifNgga

GifNgga

27 posts

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5362/aliciakeys1.gif

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 11:46pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,700 posts

@GifNgga

Um...was that necessary?

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 9:42am

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

5,361 posts

@GifNgga

Thanks for posting a gif. But guys how much bad would that do to the forums and stuff? ;P

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 10:44am

drsparta92

drsparta92

1 post

Great idea I think it would also be a good idea to be able to upload your own Armatars as well as the presets

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 7:16pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,700 posts

But guys how much bad would that do to the forums and stuff? ;P

Oh come on! We had you convinced! D=

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 7:30pm

IAgreeWithYou

IAgreeWithYou

531 posts

Not saying it is a bad idea but I hate forums that have gifs.

I mean seriously. Have you ever been on the EA FIFA forums? There's a gif as their avatar and about 20 in their signature. It doesn't lag at all but it looks bad and one of the reasons I like AG is because it looks so clean.

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 9:38pm

daleks

daleks

3,651 posts

Could there be some way to have it be a gif on your profile but a normal jpeg or whatever in the forums?

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 3:33am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,239 posts

Knight

I mean seriously. Have you ever been on the EA FIFA forums? There's a gif as their avatar and about 20 in their signature. It doesn't lag at all but it looks bad and one of the reasons I like AG is because it looks so clean.

Just have an option to turn off sigs.

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 10:26pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

Kongregate allows gif avatars, not many people use them, but the ones I see aren't annoying. With how small armatars are displayed in the forum, I don't see it being distracting/annoying.

Reply to GIF Armatars

You must be logged in to post a reply!