Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Better to rule with love or fear?

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 9:44am

404011xz

404011xz

218 posts

I find people who rule in Fear eventually end up getting stormed by rioters or eventually killed by somebody. I would like love because what is there to fear if everyone loves you? But if I were to rule I would keep my nose out of other countries' bussiness. I also wouldn't tax my people up the butt, no I would give moderate taxes and spend moderately. I believe in not living beyond your means. Something the US should learn.

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 10:07am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,853 posts

Knight

I believe in not living beyond your means. Something the US should learn.

Guess which party refuses to cut military spending?

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 10:47am

partydevil

partydevil

5,090 posts

But if I were to rule I would keep my nose out of other countries'

your republic lover romney. wanted to stick his nose deeper and in more countries.

I believe in not living beyond your means. Something the US should learn.

the 1s thing that made sens. good job.

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 10:23pm

404011xz

404011xz

218 posts

You've got issues. I wasn't even wishing for Romney. I wanted Ron Paul. Romney is who they chose though so I had to push him a little. To keep this on topic: another great thing about rulling with love is that not as many people want to kill you so you don't have to try and disarm your people so they won't have guns to fight back with.

Posted Dec 19, '12 at 11:12pm

handlerfan

handlerfan

192 posts

pang

respect

We are human beings not lab rats.I'd rather be the judge if whether my work was satisfactory or not. I'd like to have a small farm tucked away somewhere far from all the problems of say, a city like Baltimore [the Wire]. I'd have different problems far away from the crowds.

I would work to provide for my own needs with the means of production I have in my own hands and rely on goverment as little as possible. I want as little responsibility for ruling others as possible because I want as little blame as possible when things get tough. I'd get my satisfaction from my own work.

I think that we ain't all born to be the masters.

Posted Dec 20, '12 at 11:07pm

404011xz

404011xz

218 posts

You do realize this thread is about which way is better to rule right? But I do have to agree with you on living far away from the city, absolletly can't stand the city. I think it's way to crowded.
On topic, on topic, Hmmm, another thing about love, you can travel with regular citizens without worrying about getting killed, this way you won't have to waste money on flying on some giant expensive airplane, you can just pay regular flight fees like everybody else.

Posted Dec 20, '12 at 11:45pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,972 posts

Hmmm, another thing about love, you can travel with regular citizens without worrying about getting killed,

No matter how much love you spread, you'll always have enemies.

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 8:50am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,853 posts

Knight

The democratic system has largely curtailed the possibilities of government policies; they have became much less personal, and seem more bureaucratic, so I don't think it's a supremely valid question.

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 1:05am

handlerfan

handlerfan

192 posts

I reply to a post pang made earlier on in this thread about a strategy to get other people to work. I read that pang would reward his workers randomly when they did satisfactory work in order to get what he wanted out of them. I assert that putting workers on any reward program which had little respect [love] for them as human beings would hve little success. If the boss wants the staff to work for mainly his satisfaction and to forgo their own satisfaction, I and a number of other people would want to tell her where to stick her job.

I think that Mackiavelli also said it is best that a prince appears to be generous rather than mean. I think that generosity is one of the qualities of a loving person.

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 1:42am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,972 posts

I think that Mackiavelli also said it is best that a prince appears to be generous rather than mean.

I'm not finding that one. Quite the opposite:

"Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil."
"It is much more secure to be feared than to be loved."
"Men shrink less from offending one who inspires love than one who inspires fear."
"Of all the things he must guard against, hatred and contempt come first, and liberality leads to both."

Reply to Better to rule with love or fear?

You must be logged in to post a reply!