Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Good Horror Films To Watch

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 1:39pm

spinmove

spinmove

25 posts

I have recently found that I have a taste for watching horror and I would be interested to see what movies you can recommend. I generally watch 1-2 movies per week, usually on the weekends.

Here is a list of films I have seen in the past few months.
Bold = Favorites
Italic = Didn't Like It
Normal = Liked It

Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Saw (2004)
Halloween (1978)

Halloween 2 (1981)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984)
Cannibal Holocaust (1980)
Hostel (2005)

The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
Hostel 2 (2007)
Saw 2 (2005)

Wolf Creek (2005)
Black Christmas (1974)
A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
The Funhouse (1981)
Sleepaway Camp (1983)

Scream (1996)
The Last House on the Left (1972)
American Psycho (2000)
Friday The 13th (1980)
A Clockwork Orange (1971)

Based on this list what would you recommend for me?

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 1:47pm

Ferret

Ferret

5,364 posts

Administrator

Cabin in the Woods

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 2:02pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

Definetly cabin in the woods. Maybe Devil too. Possibly the inal destination series as well.

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 3:39pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,154 posts

The rest of Romero's living dead series (I don't mean return of the living dead).

Other than that, I can't say much, I don't care for horror.

p.s. have you seen Doom? (it has First Person Shooter segment in it, which helps make up for the rest. (also has the Rock))

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 3:53pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

You watched Sleepaway Camp? Lord have mercy on your soul. That movie's ending just made me stare in disbelief for an hour.

Your list needs some Sci-fi horror. Try Alien, Event Horizon, and maybe Pandorum.

Another good horror flic is Rec. It's in Spanish, so you might want to try the American remake, Quarantine, instead. Both are worth a watch though.

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 4:11pm

spinmove

spinmove

25 posts

You watched Sleepaway Camp? Lord have mercy on your soul. That movie's ending just made me stare in disbelief for an hour.

Haha yes, it was pretty twisted ;P I didn't really like the movie overall though.

The rest of Romero's living dead series (I don't mean return of the living dead).

Your list needs some Sci-fi horror. Try Alien, Event Horizon, and maybe Pandorum.

Another good horror flic is Rec. It's in Spanish, so you might want to try the American remake, Quarantine, instead. Both are worth a watch though.

I generally don't like zombie horror type films, especially the infected virus ones like Rec but I might give it a shot if I have nothing else to watch.

I've already seen Alien and I don't really consider it horror...kind of a scary action movie really.

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 7:31pm

Gamer_Cale

Gamer_Cale

1,414 posts

Cabin in the Woods is one of the worst films I have seen in a while surprised anyone has recommended it I thought it was stupid boring and generally a waste of time.

I don't really get scared normally by movies so I don't consider many horror films even if they are classed as one.

I can't really think of any scary ones atm other then Rec because bronze mentioned it and I think that is a pretty good zombie horror probably the most scary zombie film I've seen.

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 12:56am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,236 posts

Saw (2004)

Saw series are more suspense/thriller

Suspense/drama

Halloween (1978)
Halloween 2 (1981)

Best argument you could make for here is Nightmare, because of the whole "die in your dreams" thing..other than that...thrillers

Scream (1996)

Comedy/thriller

Doom?

Action

Cabin in the Woods is one of the worst films

I actually really liked it..but in now way would I describe it as a horror movie. More of a comedy/thriller

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 8:23am

spinmove

spinmove

25 posts

Saw (2004)

Saw series are more suspense/thriller

Suspense/drama

Halloween (1978)
    Halloween 2 (1981)

Best argument you could make for here is Nightmare, because of the whole "die in your dreams" thing..other than that...thrillers

Scream (1996)

Comedy/thriller

Have you actually seen any of these films? Halloween, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and A Nightmare on Elm Street are considered some of the best horror classics ever made. The entire ensuing franchises are also all horror films.

Scream is  a horror / comdey.

Saw could be both although I think it is more horror / crime.

Silence of the Lambs is a psychological thriller with elements of horror.

Please explain what you consider a horror film and give some examples because your post is blasphemous haha.

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 11:08am

Cranium80

Cranium80

460 posts

28 Days Later. My favourite zombie movie, even if they technically aren't Zombies...

Reply to Good Horror Films To Watch

You must be logged in to post a reply!