Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Good Horror Films To Watch

Posted Nov 26, '12 at 2:19am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

10,003 posts

They should have done more with that old woman. She was genuinely more frightening and hideous than the demon.

I liked the demon much more when he was more of an idea...like, we knew he was there with the boy, but nothing of his appearance, demeanor, etc. Heck..even when he was just that shadow-esque thing in the house with the medium he was much better

As for the old woman...I liked how there was that connection of events with the dad and son and how the dad had it happen with him as well with the old woman...maybe could've had her being what was going after the son? Throw out the dream stuff and have it the old lady was haunting/tryin to posses them for whatever reason (demonic ritual gone wrong with ancestor..old woman had very bad encounter with ancestor..etc)

Posted Nov 26, '12 at 2:31am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,580 posts

Knight

but nothing of his appearance, demeanor, etc. Heck..even when he was just that shadow-esque thing in the house with the medium he was much better

The actual thing just look like Darth Maul on steroids. It was cherry red for god's sake.

As for the old woman...I liked how there was that connection of events with the dad and son and how the dad had it happen with him as well with the old woman...maybe could've had her being what was going after the son? Throw out the dream stuff and have it the old lady was haunting/tryin to posses them for whatever reason (demonic ritual gone wrong with ancestor..old woman had very bad encounter with ancestor..etc)

All in all, she wasn't really expanded on. A pity.

Posted Nov 26, '12 at 4:55am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

10,003 posts

It was cherry red for god's sake.

I'm..uhm..er..colourblind =/ so I didn't notice

All in all, she wasn't really expanded on. A pity.

On the plus side..she won

Also..found some images from the movie! Time to compare...

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgmA1Uk9xf720r44lI4hAeNzjhizoxrMQOETPZNkbmghHbylFQ

vs

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3VXjQ0IvMQpHLG1MDXIcaRe5XtLVKpLkf80AZpbMmCCfPKjdZxw

Posted Nov 26, '12 at 4:56am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

10,003 posts

Sorry for dp...

Looking at a still image of this scene...I can tell the red more easily

Posted Nov 26, '12 at 8:07am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,580 posts

Knight

Not so hideous after all huh. The woman is a notch better.

Posted Nov 26, '12 at 9:00am

Bronze

Bronze

2,454 posts

Ah, I forgot insidious. I thought it was an awesome movie before it showed the demon sewing while playing Tiny Tim. If the movie had kept the demon in the dhadows, it would be one of my all time favorites.

And I liked the dream sequence, besides the demon showing up. That family with the creepy smiles was effed up.

Posted Nov 26, '12 at 9:08am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,580 posts

Knight

before it showed the demon sewing while playing Tiny Tim. If the movie had kept the demon in the dhadows, it would be one of my all time favorites.

Yeah, it was pretty good up till the scene where they first made contact with the spirit world.

Posted Nov 26, '12 at 1:51pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,454 posts

Yeah, it was pretty good up till the scene where they first made contact with the spirit world.

I actually like the spirit/dream world, but I'll agree that it didn't really fit the movie. Up until that point, the movie was a good old fashion horror film, but the spirit world changed it into a dark fantasy.

Posted Nov 26, '12 at 10:02pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

10,003 posts

I actually like the spirit/dream world, but I'll agree that it didn't really fit the movie

I wouldn't have minded it as much as I do had it not been so rushed. We find out about the spirit/dream world and next thing we know the dad has the ability to go into it and does so instantaneously

I thought it was an awesome movie before it showed the demon sewing while playing Tiny Tim

The full demon seemed quite...goofy looking to me. I liked the first time they had Tiny Tim playing when it was the shadow (or kid shadow thing?) that was listening to it in the house

Reply to Good Horror Films To Watch

You must be logged in to post a reply!