Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Are we not alone?

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 8:53pm

navysealmike

navysealmike

7 posts

It would wouldn't make sense for there not to be any life anywhere else in this massive world.

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 9:46pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,549 posts

It would wouldn't make sense for there not to be any life anywhere else in this massive world.

Yes. There should be life somewhere else in this universe. But not in the form of aliens with fully developed like ours...

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 12:39am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,230 posts

I'm not saying they're aliens, but I believe there is a planet somewhere out there just like ours, and it's people are just like our people.

No...they would be aliens, to us that is..since they are not from here. An alien is a foreigner (2nd definition) or someone from outer space (5th definition).

A person from Germany going to America is an alien, a Mexican goin to Australia is an alien, a creature from *insert planet here* going to Earth is an alien, a human going to *insert planet here* is an alien

Get my point?

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 2:47am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,666 posts

Knight

There may be billions of other planets, and billions of other galaxies out there.

There may be around 10 billion Earth like planets in our galaxy alone. Some estimates of the number of galaxies in the universe have been as low as 100 billion and up. With some around 500 billion.

I'm not saying they're aliens, but I believe there is a planet somewhere out there just like ours, and it's people are just like our people.

That would be the very definition of alien. I doubt they would be just like us as well. There could be a number of very big differences.

Yes. There should be life somewhere else in this universe. But not in the form of aliens with fully developed like ours...

Why shouldn't that be capable of what we are? Given the numbers we are working with there are very good odds for another planet to evolve another form of life with similar cognitive capabilities to our own.

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 6:30am

partydevil

partydevil

5,087 posts

here is a SLIGHT possibility that there are sea creatures that life on neptune's moon of europa

europa is a dead planet (moon)
the core isn't making heat and so under the ice there is nothing that could feed these creatures. nothing comes from above due to the ice. and nothing comes from under due to it being a dead planet (moon)

their might once have been life. but because it is isolated now. over time there is nothing left but pure water. and because it is dead, my guess is that there is no water but only iceanyway.

why would they come to Earth at all,

maybe to confirm intelligent aliens. just like we would do when we think we found them.

Given the numbers we are working with there are very good odds for another planet to evolve another form of life with similar cognitive capabilities to our own.

this is why i dont understand that people think there wont be any intelligent life out there. =S

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 7:11am

JuiceyBox

JuiceyBox

119 posts

Agree with everyone else. Billions of galaxies out there. Each galaxy has billions of stars. Each star has billions of heavenly bodies (or what I like to call, "rocks") orbiting around them.

Speaking of which, if not only Humans exist, then does that mean God doesn't exist? Or can anyone explain why not?

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 8:28am

partydevil

partydevil

5,087 posts

Speaking of which, if not only Humans exist, then does that mean God doesn't exist?

god would have made everything. thus also the aliens. but humans would still be his favorite because supposedly we are made in his image.

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 8:50am

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

The age of the universe is tremendous and the sun is a relatively young star.

Aliens exist simply by the fact that what i said above. People from early cultures spoke of the Annunaki (a.k.a aliens) I'm not saying they're true but I don't see any motives for them to lie.

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 10:35am

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,938 posts

Knight

Why shouldn't that be capable of what we are? Given the numbers we are working with there are very good odds for another planet to evolve another form of life with similar cognitive capabilities to our own.

However, concluding from the finite number of planets able to host life in our universe (ignoring any possibility that there may be other universes out there), the probability that there is an alien species that
- is sentient and comparable to us in intelligence
- exists on the same time than we do

is infinitesimal, or at least I consider it that way. Our existence is a micro-flash in the story of the universe, supposing such flashes occur in regular yet rather big intervals, probability that two flashes occur on the same time is so short..

This is all of course very speculative as I (we) don't have any numbers or such to base my opinion on.

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 11:38am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,666 posts

Knight

europa is a dead planet (moon)
the core isn't making heat and so under the ice there is nothing that could feed these creatures. nothing comes from above due to the ice. and nothing comes from under due to it being a dead planet (moon)

It's possible that the gravitational pull on the moon stretches and squashes the interior heating it up inside, creating hydrothermal vents that could feed the development of life. We currently don't have enough information to rule it out just yet. Unless there has been a new discovery that I'm not aware of.

The age of the universe is tremendous and the sun is a relatively young star.

Actually it's a middle ages star.

That means it still has about another 4.5 billion years, give or take a billion.

Aliens exist simply by the fact that what i said above. People from early cultures spoke of the Annunaki (a.k.a aliens) I'm not saying they're true but I don't see any motives for them to lie.

Pretty much in the same category as farmers who report being **** probed by aliens.
While it's likely life exists on another planet and even likely there is life with equivalent capabilities to our own, there is nothing indicating visitation.

However, concluding from the finite number of planets able to host life in our universe (ignoring any possibility that there may be other universes out there), the probability that there is an alien species that
- is sentient and comparable to us in intelligence
- exists on the same time than we do

is infinitesimal, or at least I consider it that way. Our existence is a micro-flash in the story of the universe, supposing such flashes occur in regular yet rather big intervals, probability that two flashes occur on the same time is so short..

This is all of course very speculative as I (we) don't have any numbers or such to base my opinion on..

I don't know, I think the odds are good that there could be at least one other in our galaxy.

"An estimate is made of the number of habitable planets in the Galaxy, based upon conservative grounds. That is, the number of stars in the disk of the Galaxy that are similar to the sun, and the probability that these stars have a planet in orbit about them with properties similar to the earth, are estimated. The restrictions applied give values of 10 million habitable planets in the Galaxy (mean separation about 110 light years) and 4-1/2 million planets orbiting stars of sufficient age for intelligent life to have formed (mean separation about 140 light years)."
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1978JBIS...31..411B

Reply to Are we not alone?

You must be logged in to post a reply!