Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Are we not alone?

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 3:53pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

no no no no no no no no no no no no we are NOT bringing religoin into this  please dont also i am an alien

Apparently we are

Again...we are all aliens. Please look at my last post

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 6:51pm

Chris3142

Chris3142

3 posts

Aliens is a very vague term, so technically yes there are "aliens"......NASA found bacteria alive on Mars so since it's living and not on Earth we arnt alone. But the form of aliens you're probably thinking of is like intelligent life that functions in a society. In my opinion I think that they do exist, I have seen some UFOs my self in the past, kinda cool but scary.

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 9:29pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

NASA found bacteria alive on Mars

can't find it.
the closest i can find is the '70's viking programe where 1 of the 3 tests was possitive for life. but thhe other 2 didn't and so nasa dismissed the possibility.

recently the miller team did some math on those tests again and have said there might be life. but nothing solid.

and sofar i know didnt give the new robots on mars any info like this yet.

conclusion: nasa restored the possibility of life on mars but did not found it yet.

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 9:41pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

It's possible that the gravitational pull on the moon stretches and squashes the interior heating it up inside, creating hydrothermal vents that could feed the development of life.

wouldn't we be able to see the ice move and cracks forming in the ice then? =S

Posted Nov 23, '12 at 12:55am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,691 posts

Knight

Aliens is a very vague term, so technically yes there are "aliens"......NASA found bacteria alive on Mars so since it's living and not on Earth we arnt alone. But the form of aliens you're probably thinking of is like intelligent life that functions in a society. In my opinion I think that they do exist, I have seen some UFOs my self in the past, kinda cool but scary.

Not yet, the surface of Mars is self sterilizing so we aren't likely to ind life there. There is a possibility there might be life buried deep enough to be protected or in the polar icecaps.

wouldn't we be able to see the ice move and cracks forming in the ice then? =S

That's just what we think we are seeing. Those lines are believed to be cracks in the ice that have opened up had warm water erupt from them and resealed. It's thought it's mostly caused by tidal stresses from Jupiter. These lines match with what we see on Earth's oceanic ridges.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/83/PIA01092_-_Evidence_of_Internal_Activity_on_Europa.jpg/529px-PIA01092_-_Evidence_of_Internal_Activity_on_Europa.jpg

Posted Nov 23, '12 at 6:03am

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

That's just what we think we are seeing. Those lines are believed to be cracks in the ice that have opened up had warm water erupt from them and resealed. It's thought it's mostly caused by tidal stresses from Jupiter. These lines match with what we see on Earth's oceanic ridges.

i know. but i mean, wouldn't we be still seeing it happen all the time?

Posted Nov 23, '12 at 8:11pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,691 posts

Knight

i know. but i mean, wouldn't we be still seeing it happen all the time?

given what we are seeing of the terrain they are. The problem is we need to send probes to get pictures of it. This makes it difficult to get any real time action observed. Also the cracks are believed to take a minimum of 12,000 years to form.

What we need to do is develop a probe that can not only make the trip to Europa but also be able to burrow through the ice and function aquatically as well.

Posted Nov 23, '12 at 9:03pm

Doodeedaa

Doodeedaa

60 posts

Listen, there IS probably life out there. The only thing need to make life,are five ingredients! That's it. All of the ingredients are spread throughout the whole universe.Do you know how much that is? say you  have the universe, a mountain. Then you have earth, an amount of matter so small, it is impossible to view with any technology. There.

Posted Nov 24, '12 at 7:31am

JuiceyBox

JuiceyBox

119 posts

I'll say it again.

Billions of galaxies in the World.
Billions of stars in each galaxy.
Billions of heavenly bodies/rocks around one star.

And people think humans are the only lucky ones to have existed?

Posted Nov 24, '12 at 8:12am

ShadowArchon

ShadowArchon

109 posts

I personally don't even care, unless it relates to my immediate life. And as far as I know, it doesn't.

Reply to Are we not alone?

You must be logged in to post a reply!