Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Are we not alone?

Posted Nov 24, '12 at 8:26am

JuiceyBox

JuiceyBox

119 posts

I personally don't even care, unless it relates to my immediate life. And as far as I know, it doesn't.

Until those huge alien ships come in and start killing everyone.

Posted Nov 24, '12 at 4:16pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,666 posts

Knight

I personally don't even care, unless it relates to my immediate life. And as far as I know, it doesn't.

This sort of attitude has gotten our species into lots of trouble.

Posted Nov 25, '12 at 3:08am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,230 posts

Until those huge alien ships come in and start killing everyone.

Hey now...hold up...they might just want to procreate with us...

Posted Nov 25, '12 at 6:48pm

jkl3848

jkl3848

242 posts

There are lifeforms out there (like some bacteria and stuff), but who knows if there is intelligent life.

Posted Nov 25, '12 at 8:17pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,147 posts

Has anyone ever read the novellette First Contact. If you have, I can easily see this happening in the future.

a.k.a. I just said aliens exist.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Nov 25, '12 at 9:45pm

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

1,343 posts

personally, it doesn't matter to me whether or not aliens exist or not simply because of the fact that if they did exist, and they had the ability to come here without using massive amounts of resources, then why would they come here where there is so many other places they could go? if they are coming here, why would they invade? we have nothing of value to them (except the billions of possible slaves/ food sources, which they could easily get on another life supporting planet). honestly, if they ever come here, then they are only coming over as a way to get away from other aliens who are trying to hunt them. that is the only reason I can think of that would warrant such behavior (the crop circles I'm disregarding because those are obviously fake).

-Blade

Posted Nov 26, '12 at 1:51am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,666 posts

Knight

then why would they come here where there is so many other places they could go? if they are coming here, why would they invade?

Pure curiosity would be the first reason for traveling across the galaxy to this planet that I could think of.
Why would they want to invade? They might be interested in chlorophyll and protein. This would be the only resource that could be found only on this planet and might require travel through vast distances to find.

Posted Nov 26, '12 at 6:34pm

pokemonrocks126

pokemonrocks126

215 posts

ik a reson they would come here dimonds dimonds are the rarest things ever simply becuase they only form in supernoave explosions

Posted Nov 26, '12 at 6:48pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,564 posts

simply becuase they only form in supernoave explosions

You're not serious, right?

Right...?

Why would they want to invade?

Lol this is my question. Why does everyone think that if we ever encounter intelligent life the first thing they'll do is try to kill us?

Posted Nov 26, '12 at 7:48pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,087 posts

Why does everyone think that if we ever encounter intelligent life the first thing they'll do is try to kill us?

hollywood movies.
simple as that. they have always been pictured as bad, evil, invading, well... aliens xD
(atleast in the early days, when the concept was new)

You're not serious, right?

Right...?

i think he actually is.. haha =P

Reply to Are we not alone?

You must be logged in to post a reply!