ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Computer freezes when starting any game from this site

25 11132
Nyxxie
Nyxxie
11 posts
Nomad

The topic states my problem. All of my drivers are up to date, my flash, my directx. I can launch complex games like borderlands without a problem. I can play facebook games, I can play other flash games on other websites. I'm not sure if anyone else is encountering this problem but it's quite frustrating. I enjoy armor, I really do, but I know this isn't a problem on my end.

What I really want to know is if there's something going on with your servers or if advertisements are causing my crash. Even if there was a problem on your end it shouldn't cause a complete system failure on my end. No, I don't have viruses or anything, I reformatted this computer yesterday. I've done quite a few system updates, everything seems to be ship shape on my end.

• 25 Replies
Nyxxie
Nyxxie
11 posts
Nomad

Java is also up to date.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

It might sound ridiculously simple when saying this, but... are you sure ArmorGames is not blocked by your computer in some way? And you're able to use the rest of the website, except for the part where you can't seem to play any of the games, right? =)

Nyxxie
Nyxxie
11 posts
Nomad

Yup. Everything works. As soon as a game is partially loaded my computer completely freezes. I'm gonna let it continue to update and try again in a few days. This is a fresh install after all.

Also, happy turkey day.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Games you have tried loading? Browser(s) you have tried? New updates (prior to the freezing)?

Sometimes new updates for your browser or add-ons for your browswer run in conflict with the browser or other add-ons for your browser, but if you can load flash games from other sites that might not be the problem. Either way, if you have other software running on your browser, try running your browser without any add-ons and loading a flash game.

Nyxxie
Nyxxie
11 posts
Nomad

I just tried again. Froze at the armor games logo.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

If the flash games don't freeze in IE, it's a problem with Chrome and Armor Games. If it does freeze on IE too, then it's probably a problem between your computer and something in Armor Games Flash games. Hopefully an admin can get your issue sorted out.

Rhodes1013
Rhodes1013
98 posts
Nomad

i use IE and iv never had this problem i suggest clearing your computer memory if it is too full because when my computer memory is to full the computer lags or slows down and occasionaly wont play anything on game websites or youtube or really anysite if your memory isnt to full then there might be a virus in your computer or AG is just having problems with certain game you are trying to play

EagleOfFire2
EagleOfFire2
125 posts
Shepherd

There is an incredible difference between a computer freeze and an application (in this case browser) freeze.

Do you have to do a hard restart every time it happen?

If yes then you have a really big problem with your computer.

Nyxxie
Nyxxie
11 posts
Nomad

Yes I have to do a hard restart every time. NO it's not a problem with my computer. I got it on tuesday and reformatted it. I'm not stupid, I know a fair share about computers.

I have an Asus G60V. It's a gaming computer. 4GB ram, Dual core 2.4Ghz processor, over 1GB video memory. My computer doesn't lag because of flash games. I can play any game I want on any website. I can play Borderlands 2, I can play Skyrim almost on full specs. NO my hard drive isn't full, I JUST reformatted it. I'm not an idiot. I've never had this problem before. It makes no sense to me. I'm probably just going to stop playing on armor games and find another little community of flash games to pass my time when I don't feel like plugging in my mouse.

Nyxxie
Nyxxie
11 posts
Nomad

Also, no viruses. I even did a boot scan with Avast!

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

If you have to do a hard restart, it's insane to suggest that this issue is purely on the end of AG. I've been part of this community since 2008 and not once heard of an issue of such calibre.

Didn't see this asked so:
Have you tried using another browser to play games on the site? That would help narrow down the cause of the issue.

Nyxxie
Nyxxie
11 posts
Nomad

Tried in IE with the same results. There is some sort of clash between your games and my computer. I'm going to continue with system updates. Maybe one day it'll work again, until then, I'm tired of having to do hard restarts.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

It's very odd that this site specifically has some sort of conflict with your setup. We'll ask around with the folks who handle the tech side of things.

Ancuta
Ancuta
146 posts
Bard

Hey.. try to add the "AdBlock" if you are using Google Chrome.. It removes all advertisements and block's popups. :V

Nyxxie
Nyxxie
11 posts
Nomad

Ancuta, obviously you haven't read the entire thread. Get back to me when you do.

Anyways, I installed Steam today and it turns out that freezes my computer as well. I think it's just an issue with Asus laptops or an update I did right after I formatted. I've been doing some googling and the only fix I can find is another format and then to immediately install steam and don't do the asus update. I'm still doing system updates to see if that'll solve the problem but at this point I've lost all hope.

Showing 1-15 of 25