ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Computer freezes when starting any game from this site

25 11166
Nyxxie
Nyxxie
11 posts
Nomad

The topic states my problem. All of my drivers are up to date, my flash, my directx. I can launch complex games like borderlands without a problem. I can play facebook games, I can play other flash games on other websites. I'm not sure if anyone else is encountering this problem but it's quite frustrating. I enjoy armor, I really do, but I know this isn't a problem on my end.

What I really want to know is if there's something going on with your servers or if advertisements are causing my crash. Even if there was a problem on your end it shouldn't cause a complete system failure on my end. No, I don't have viruses or anything, I reformatted this computer yesterday. I've done quite a few system updates, everything seems to be ship shape on my end.

• 25 Replies
EagleOfFire2
EagleOfFire2
125 posts
Shepherd

You are using a laptop... And then you say it is impossible for your system to be the problem? Duh.

I'd start with graphic card updates. If you don't and you are using an onboard graphic card then stop looking. There is your problem.

Nyxxie
Nyxxie
11 posts
Nomad

At first I thought it was impossible because I literally had just finished reformatting. There shouldn't have been a problem. Obviously there's some problem. I just re-installed and updated my graphics driver. I'm going to try again soon. I still don't understand why I can play facebook games and games on other flash and java websites but not this one. Not being able to launch steam is a new problem. I admitted in my last post that it was a problem on my end. I'll figure it out. Eventually...

EagleOfFire2
EagleOfFire2
125 posts
Shepherd

Depending on your hardware and available updates, that might be a problem on its own.

For example, I'm typing here from a 10 years old computer. If I were to install the most "up to date" drivers for all my stuff in it, my computer performance would drastically drop to a crawl.

What I did to get "up to date" and stay "competitive" was to find and install omega drivers on the web. Those drivers are maintained by an enthusiasm who add new drivers as they get in but check if compatibility is maintained with new version. And when it is not the case he simply continue to use the old modules for those new modules which get out "faulty"...

Sharron
Sharron
1 posts
Peasant

The topic is quite old, but maybe someone can help. Got the same problem. No freezes at all with my computer. Just with armorgames and it also differs pending on which game i start. Wartune -> never freezes. Last Stand Dead Zone -> freezes in 60%. Not sure if it is an advertisement that is just loading with this game or whatsoever. Just startet 2-3 weeks ago. Also picked another game last 10 mins which caused a complete freeze but cant remember which one it was...

skilleton
skilleton
4 posts
Peasant

Can't hurt to add my problem to the list. My computer completely freezes up and I have to do a hard reboot. It seems to happen only when I use Chrome and only when I try to load a game from this site. I have had it happen in the middle of a game once too.

skilleton
skilleton
4 posts
Peasant

Could this be related? http://www.howtogeek.com/103292/how-to-fix-shockwave-flash-crashes-in-google-chrome/

I don't get that message about Shockwave crashing, but it seems applicable (and something specific to Chrome)

skilleton
skilleton
4 posts
Peasant

Could this be related? [i] this

I don't get that message about Shockwave crashing, but it seems applicable (and something specific to Chrome)

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Here are some things I would do in your place:

-Update all browsers I'm using, and try all three browsers to see if the issue exists on all of them. If so...
-Disable Virus Scanners, Firewalls, blockers temporarily and test. If still slow then...
-Update Flash.
-Update Video Card drivers.
-Ask yourself "Is this happening on online on game on AG?", if so which one? If they have a forum, visit and try to find others with the same issues.
-If none of these things help, is the issue that you may have a slower computer?
-Do you have Spyware/Viruses? Run a scan

There are lots of problems that can happen on your machine in summery, but I think I covered most of them...

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

-Disable Virus Scanners, Firewalls, blockers temporarily and test.

Trying an (online) game without a virus scanner though... Hmmm, I'm not so sure.
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

I can say our games are safe. But I respect some people are paranoid about their computers. If so, you sacrifice CPU and memory to the virus scanner and they can sometimes interfere with video games.

Showing 16-25 of 25