ForumsWEPR2012 Apocalypse Not? Not.

96 33785
navysealmike
navysealmike
5 posts
Nomad

So people don't ignore this, I'm not mentally unstable, I don't have any issues with my brain, and I didn't get abducted by aliens! I'm just here to show people SCIENTIFIC PROOF that the world will not end on December 21st, 2012. I've talked to multiple people on these forums, and many others and they still believe in the whole "mayan calender ending in 2012 apocalypse" BS. Let me start out with the facts.

1) Mayan Calender: The Mayan long count is a non-repeating, vigesimal (base-20) and base-18 calendar used by several Pre-Columbian Mesoamerican cultures, most notably the Maya. The way it works is that after 584,283 it comes to an end and a new one starts. Just like our calendar ends 31st December, changes the year and starts again on the 1st of January. This in principle is how the Mayan calendar works. Currently the Mayan long count is at 12.19.19.16.10 and come December 21st, 2012, it will become 13.0.0.0.0 so that's 13 cycles since this calender was put into play. It's like the odometer being reset on your car, the car is still there, but the numbers are reset. Nothing is changed, nothing happens, it's just a Baktun 14 starts. The date was used by psuedo-scientists, who aren't scientists at all.

2) Nibiru (Planet X): This theory is simply idiotic. The crazy people that believe this planet is going to crash into Earth, should be locked in an insane asylum. Let me just point out the obvious, it's November 21st, 2012, 1 month from the apparent impact, but yet this (non-existent) planet is not visible. Surely, if a planet 10-times the size of Earth was coming towards us, it would be visible by the naked-eye, and from telescopes all around the world. It's not! Some other theories are, that it has a 3600-year orbit around the sun. So does that mean it (non-existent planet) hits Earth every 3600 years? I'm pretty sure people have been around for hundreds of thousands of years, and our planet has been around for billions of years. This theory is just stupid, and there is NO scientific proof of it's existence, because, IT DOESN'T EXIST!

3) Asteroids, Meteors, Comets: I'll keep this one short, because this we can't really rebut. The Earth has been hit by asteroids, and meteors in the past. We cannot simply say that the Earth won't get bombarded again, but as of now, no near-Earth objects (NEO) will have any impact of our lives for the next few decades. I know, decades, very short period of time, but NASA is experimenting ways for us to avoid being the target of a fierce NEO.

4) Earthquakes, Volcanic Eruptions, Tsunamis: Again, we cannot rebut this one either. These things happen all of the time, but the Earth is in a mid-life crisis, no pun intended. The tectonic plates are moving, sliding, crashing all of the time. It's not abnormal, it's been happening for millions of years. As of now, seismic activity, volcanoes, and anything of that nature at it's norm. Surely if something catastrophic was to happen, we would have some signs by now? To believe in a massive tsunami the size of Texas, is just stupid.

5) Past D-Days: December 21, 2012 - This isn't the first date of an apparent doomsday, and it won't be the last. December 31st, 1999 - January 1st, 2000 - This date is important, because it was the first year we ever had a "2000". Disregard any of the apparent and BS rumors during that time, people just assumed because we've never seen a "2000" before, the world must end! RIGHT!? No! Then in May 2003, Nancy Lieder (she was abducted by Zeta Aliens, and they told her about "nibiru&quot told people Nibiru would impact Earth in May of 2003. This didn't happen, so these Leider-followers researched the Mayan Calender, changed the name of their websites, and changed the date the world would end. First, it was November 21st, 2011, well we're still alive and it's a year after that. Then it was November 19th, 2012, well it's 21st, so let me guess.. nothing happened? Now it's December 21st, 2012. This date is the start of the Winter Solstice, that happens every year. Nothing abnormal will happen, the world will not end, and we will all have a great Christmas!

Stop stressing about something that is not remotely possible, relevant, or likely. Live your life, love your family, and have a great holiday season!

Regards,

Mike

• 96 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I say this because the Mayans go believe that the world goes through a 5,125 year cycle where it is destroyed and everyone except for 2 people die and those two people re-populate the world

...That is going to be one ****ed up re-populated world....
navysealmike
navysealmike
5 posts
Nomad

Why two people? Why not ten? I like ten...

navysealmike
navysealmike
5 posts
Nomad

I'm going to lol in Heaven when the 2 people left are guys.

MalKeshar
MalKeshar
115 posts
Jester

If the Apocalypse happens, it happens. However, I, being a Christian, follow what the Bible says. The Bible says that we know not when the end of the world will happen. In Revalations, last book of the Bible, it says even Jesus doesn't know when He will return. Only God knows. So if Jesus doesn't even know, how are we, stupid humans, suppose to be able to figure it out!? Let what will happen, happen.

Daffy15
Daffy15
3 posts
Peasant

Well you forgot a biiig .. paragraph

Well problems with Climat.. I saw a scientic documentary about it.

So it would all start with big heat and basicaly it is true , because its getting every year so much warmer i was shocked when i saw washington at 38o C

this summer start and basicaly next step is Big freeze and maybe its not started yet , but in Europe we had snow in October and in fact global warming may happen after many centuries .

Another story is about all these earthquakes and moving plates its possible that world may change poles and land would move very fastly in few minutes . Antarctida would be in Ecvator , Europe in Trops and Africa in Antarctidas place changing would totally wreck all world

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

"A rotational pole shift, or geographic pole shift is a change in the axis of rotation of the earth.rnSuch a shift would take a huge amount of force on the Earth. On our page about Patrick Geryl we discuss the amount of energy required to move just the core of the earth. Here we are talking about moving the entire axis of rotation of the earth, which would require as much energy as it would take to bring earth to a stop, and then start her rotating in the opposite directionrnrnWeâre talking about a massive collision with another large body that has a different axis of rotation so that the combined angular momentum is different. This would be a planet killer, and would probably require an object the size of Mars or better. But, where is it? Where is this force going to come from?"

even if somehow a miracolous force does change the direction of earths rotation in a sudden jolt, inertia will do us.
for example:-
a car crash at 60 km/h is hardly fatal but shakes a man pretty much even if he did not hit any thing.
If a pla crashes, even if blast or debris have not hit a person inside it, his insides will still turn to jelly due to inertia.
now imagine earth that is rotating at 1669.8 km/h on equator suddenly stop and moving the other way, very few things(if any) will survive this.
even if some living thing avoids debris etc, inertia will do it.
Possibly onle unicellular form of life will survive.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

a car crash at 60 km/h is hardly fatal but shakes a man pretty much even if he did not hit any thing.

car crash whitout hitting anything? =S

If a pla crashes, even if blast or debris have not hit a person inside it, his insides will still turn to jelly

car crash of 130m km/h usually does this 2. (if i understand it right, not sure)

even if some living thing avoids debris etc

everyone and everything will instantly fall whit 3339,8 km/h one way.
i think whit loads of luck that some people will have, they survive.
birds and such will sure survive. so being in the air is your best option.
lets rent a balloon. ^^
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

car crash whitout hitting anything? =S

I meant the passenger does not bang his head etc.
car crash of 130m km/h usually does this 2. (if i understand it right, not sure)

this depends how your car crashed.
If you go in a barrel roll you will be very lucky if you walk out with your insides at their places
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

this depends how your car crashed.

not really. on impact you insides gets such a shock that parts will rip open and you die from (inside) blood lose.
harrybob141
harrybob141
1 posts
Nomad

This is so stupid there will not be an apocalypse end of story.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

not really. on impact you insides gets such a shock that parts will rip open and you die from (inside) blood lose.

I mean inertia alone can make your insides a jelly if you hit another car from behind, but it can kill you if its a head on collision or a barrel roll
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

I mean inertia alone can make your insides a jelly

plz. specify jelly. i would think that if your inside is a jelly. that is pretty much fatal.
castrokv
castrokv
2 posts
Shepherd

Just the end of the calender not the world lol

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Just the end of the calender not the world lol

see, some people use that reason as their actual proof.
that 1 used it as a joke is hard to distinct from those that actually believe this.
Showing 46-60 of 96