Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

2012 Apocalypse Not? Not.

Thread Locked

Posted Dec 5, '12 at 12:53pm

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

Really? He was only making a joke. The comic is not to be interpreted as factual.

Logic in a fox-disguised nutshell.
And I have seen one disproving Doomsday video that mentioned the Mayan's poor prediction capacity and why they could not predict anything anyway, which was the whole point of my post. -_-

Posted Dec 5, '12 at 2:35pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

Really? He was only making a joke. The comic is not to be interpreted as factual.

seen enough people using that as their actual proof.

which was the whole point of my post.

nice fail on pointing that out. nothing in the posts points me at it.
all i readed was false reasons for the right conclusion.

Posted Dec 5, '12 at 2:41pm

StDrake

StDrake

190 posts

People with too much money should believe in those world ends..so that some wiseguys can sell them fake anti-apocalypse bunkers :D

Posted Dec 5, '12 at 3:15pm

handlerfan

handlerfan

192 posts

Jesus did not say exactly when he would come back again in the Gospels. So how could anybody human do better than Jesus?

Posted Dec 5, '12 at 10:41pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,178 posts

Jesus did not say exactly when he would come back again in the Gospels. So how could anybody human do better than Jesus?

Jesus specifically said that no one will know the hour of his coming, and compared himself to when a master goes on a journey, the servants don't know when he will return, so they have to always be prepared.

I stated this to a christian trying to convert fair-goers at the county fair, he told me a method to get around this fact. "The solstice did not always happen on the same day, but withing a several day period around the 21st."

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Dec 6, '12 at 7:38pm

thisisnotanalt

thisisnotanalt

8,475 posts

idk about you guys but the whole "evil Mayan calendar totally calls the end of the world thing" seems pretty serious to me

I mean think of it like a death pool like the mayans are probably chillin' with their bros in the afterlife, betting on when the world's going to end and they're collectively putting their ghost-bro-cash on december 21, 2012 and I don't know about you guys but if I were a ghost the last thing I would do is waste ghost-bro-money on some ****ty day that's not even the real apocalypse!! makes you think :o

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 1:49am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,275 posts

I would do is waste ghost-bro-money on some ****ty day that's not even the real apocalypse!! makes you think :o

Whoa man...dropping some mad knowledge up in here..but think about this...if they are better..that means others are betting against them. Knowing this is so..that means other ghosts are betting their ghost-bro-money on other dates! So why would they waste their ghost-bro-money on a day that isn't the real alpacalypse?

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 11:46am

Faro

Faro

1 post

I would also  like to point out that not everyone will die in 2012. Two people will survive (I don't know who) and the odds that you will be the surviving is 1 in 3.5 billion for every guy and girl. I say this because the Mayans go believe that the world goes through a 5,125 year cycle where it is destroyed and everyone except for 2 people die and those two people re-populate the world

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 1:06pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

I say this because the Mayans go believe that the world goes through a 5,125 year cycle where it is destroyed and everyone except for 2 people die and those two people re-populate the world

no they do not believe anything even close to that.

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 1:49am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,275 posts

I say this because the Mayans go believe that the world goes through a 5,125 year cycle where it is destroyed and everyone except for 2 people die and those two people re-populate the world

...That is going to be one ****ed up re-populated world....