Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

2012 Apocalypse Not? Not.

Thread Locked

Posted Dec 16, '12 at 3:23pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,477 posts

1 bak'tun is 7885 year

I think you're reading their chart wrong. That's 20 bak'tuns (or 1 piktun).

Posted Dec 16, '12 at 4:05pm

dr_doughnut

dr_doughnut

75 posts

The Mayan calendar thing makes no sense. The end of their long count calender is a time of celebration, kind of like new year stuff, not the end of the world.

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 1:12am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,761 posts

y'all are wrong. anyways, the world ain't ending

How so? I mean, ****! partydevil even gave you some pretty legitimate scientific sources..did you even take time to scan 'em?

So...crackpot theory that the Mayans (y'know, with their amazingly hi-tech and ingenious astronomy skills) can predict solar alignments > scientific proof of said alignment being impossible?

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 3:57pm

wontgetmycatnip

wontgetmycatnip

95 posts

So...crackpot theory that the Mayans (y'know, with their amazingly hi-tech and ingenious astronomy skills) can predict solar alignments > scientific proof of said alignment being impossible?

Well, for being a society that was only slightly more advanced than 3rd-9th century Europe, they had a very good grasp of astronomy. They never came around to predicting an apocalypse, though.

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 6:31pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

their astronomy is amazing yes. even better then the ancient egyptians or greek.

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 7:30pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,761 posts

their astronomy is amazing yes. even better then the ancient egyptians or greek.

But sure not amazing or advanced enough to predict something as catastrophic as the end of the world

Also...you know which end of the world prediction I miss? Nostradamus...I remember everyone making this big deal about his vague bull**** &quotredictions"..then they seemingly vanished

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 7:37pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 8:03pm

Blairlarson

Blairlarson

93 posts

The 2012 apocalypse is not real in the Bible it said that no man will know when the world will end.

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 10:27pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

the complete series of 20 b'ak'tuns or one [/b]Piktun) ends on October 13, 4772,

i had to actually search for this one. so, sorry it's a bit late. but he was right about this one.
however do the scammers themself say it's about the 13th bak'tun. because 13 was a imported number for the mayans.
(i dont remember exactly so correct me if i'm wrong.) 13 was part of their god of destruction and creation.

(13 is ofcourse just a bad luck number in our civilization and therefor choosen to play this role )

Posted Dec 19, '12 at 10:46pm

handlerfan

handlerfan

194 posts

The big day has arrived. The end of the world is nigh. 12/21/12.
Nothing matters anymore. Gun laws, Fiscal cliff, Abortion. Don't need to worry about them no more.
Let's enjoy our last day.