ForumsThe TavernBattle of the Brands (Current battle: pg. 194)

1882 1228706
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

So... I had this random idea while taking a dump ^^
Battle of the Brands!
http://www.sensorysol.com.au/battleofthebrands/Images/header-glove.jpg

Anyways... here are the rules:
-One vote per person
-no spam
-suggestions on my profile ONLY

Okay here's the first one!

http://keithsawyer.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/apple-logo1.jpg
VS
http://www5.pcmag.com/media/images/355088-new-microsoft-logo.jpg

Or simply Apple vs Microsoft.

Voting starts NOW! I will allow two weeks since this contest is new.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm44/Cingris/Race%20Post/GoFlagForPost.jpg

-Dapro

• 1,882 Replies
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Hmmm... I have to vote for EA due to it's larger variety of games. And they have sports ^^
Activison really only has Call of Duty and Guitar Hero... And that's about it.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Yessssssss... I have won.
I dont need to say it, but im going to say it anyways. Activision. CoD and actually a bunch of games I played as a kid were activision. That was when I was a young game, and I thought Activision`s spinning letters were cooler than EA`s intro thing. So that started that.

HUA7XFan122396
HUA7XFan122396
80 posts
Jester

Activision, most of EA games are made for kids.

yourawesomeness
yourawesomeness
103 posts
Peasant

tough choice. EA makes high quality sports games along with Command and Conquer, Army of Two, and Need for Speed, whereas Activision made COD, Crash and Spiro, Golden Eye, and Transformers.
my vote goes to EA by the tiniest margin

Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

I do see EA a lot more than I see Activision when playing games. So the choice is obvious for me, EA.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Oh cool, it did become one of the battles. *goes to copy and paste my old answer*

I'd have to go with EA.

Simply put, EA has more games than Activision that I fully enjoy. Also, anything that Activision has that I enjoy, EA has something similar that I enjoy about as equally, though usually ending up surpassing the Activision game.

Activision for me that I can remember has Guitar Hero, Call of Duty, and Tony Hawk games when I used to play those skateboarding games when I was younger.

Aside from Tony Hawk (though I may not be remembering the EA skateboarding game), Call of Duty gets beat by Battlefield for me since I like the Bad Company games better, and Rockband is about as equal to Guitar Hero for me.

Past that, EA also has other games that I enjoy pretty well. Dragon Age for sure. That game was loads of fun. The Lord of the Rings games they've released have also been great, especially The Third Age. Though sometimes lacking, being a Harry Potter fan, I try to give the games at least a chance and play them a little before saying they suck. The earlier ones weren't as bad, and the newest ones aren't the worst games ever, but something almost feels lacking in them. Still good games, though. They, for me, surpass any games that Activision has put out in similar interests (sort of) like Spiderman and such. And whenever, I feel like racing, I can always rely on Burnout to be good, or if I want a change, Need for Speed games are also pretty good in my opinion.

Overall, EA has just appealed to me more so that's why my vote goes to EA.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I'm going to go with EA on this one.

1. I'm getting a huge kick out of Madden NFL 2008 and I've always enjoyed NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 (Can't beat those old titles.)

2. I'm not really a fan of activision games... I've played a couple, and they weren't too bad actually, but EA is better.

Ummm.... I can't elaborate much more then that.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

My vote goes to EA; I'll take FIFA over CoD any day.

yourawesomeness
yourawesomeness
103 posts
Peasant

I've already voted on this matter, but I suggest someone tally the votes on this match up. it would be nice to see where things stand.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Killersup...cannot go between the two. Therfore, he shall sit out this round.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

When I think of EA, the only thing that stands out are the sports games.
When I think of Activision, I think of dozens of money cows.

Activision; sports games suck. Sports are meant for real life.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I prefer Activision because they made Pitfall. Great game on the ipad.

Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

I've already voted on this matter, but I suggest someone tally the votes on this match up. it would be nice to see where things stand.

If I counted correctly, so far there are 7 votes for EA and 5 for Activision. Pretty close match.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

You guys are doing better with your reasoning. Good job.

EA for me. Activision I think I only know because of Call of Duty and I do not play those that much. EA though I play because of Madden. Also I remember that EA made a Harry Potter game that I loved and had hours on.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

EA. Don't have time to say why.

Showing 391-405 of 1882