ForumsThe TavernBattle of the Brands (Current battle: pg. 194)

1882 1228702
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

So... I had this random idea while taking a dump ^^
Battle of the Brands!
http://www.sensorysol.com.au/battleofthebrands/Images/header-glove.jpg

Anyways... here are the rules:
-One vote per person
-no spam
-suggestions on my profile ONLY

Okay here's the first one!

http://keithsawyer.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/apple-logo1.jpg
VS
http://www5.pcmag.com/media/images/355088-new-microsoft-logo.jpg

Or simply Apple vs Microsoft.

Voting starts NOW! I will allow two weeks since this contest is new.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm44/Cingris/Race%20Post/GoFlagForPost.jpg

-Dapro

• 1,882 Replies
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

And it spies on every moves and keys you hit, searches you make, and websites you visit.

If you say so... O_o
Even if that was true, it wouldn't really affect my choice, unless I knew that google is using my precious personal data to pursue some world domination plan and not just, you know, trying their best to show ads that might actually have a chance of being useful to me.
Until then, I'll use Chrome, because it has a simpler look and it boots up a lot faster than anything else I've tried.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

google does not just use the info for ads service. they are allowed to use,give,change,multiply anything you upload to one of their services in any way.
so if you are a musician for example and upload your songs in the chrome browser to some website. then google is allowed to use your music in any way they want to. no matter if it is copyrighted or not.
you agree whit these terms when you instal the chrome browser

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

google does not just use the info for ads service. they are allowed to use,give,change,multiply anything you upload to one of their services in any way.
so if you are a musician for example and upload your songs in the chrome browser to some website. then google is allowed to use your music in any way they want to. no matter if it is copyrighted or not.
you agree whit these terms when you instal the chrome browser

I couldn't have said it better.
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

From the Chrome Terms of Services:

10.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services.

O_o

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/terms/

"When you upload or otherwise submit content to our Services, you give Google (and those we work with) a worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content."

you keep your intellectual property rights. yes
but you agree whit them that they can use it any way they want to.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

btw this includes private stuff you upload and send over G-mail

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

In your musician example you upload the song THROUGH google's services, and that case is not mentioned in your quote. It talks about stuff submitted directly to them, not to someone else through them, while 10.1 includes both cases.
Further, from the page you posted, your quote goes on saying:
"Also, in some of our Services, there are terms or settings that narrow the scope of our use of the content submitted in those Services."
So that means you should check out the Chrome's specific ToS before you make up your mind. And indeed, you'll find that Chrome is one of the services that include such narrowings:
"8.4 Google acknowledges and agrees that it obtains no right, title or interest from you (or your licensors) under these Terms in or to any Content that you submit, post, transmit or display on, or through, the Services, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in that Content (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist). Unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with Google, you agree that you are responsible for protecting and enforcing those rights and that Google has no obligation to do so on your behalf."
chrome's terms of services are here

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

yea like i said, you keep your intellectual property rights. yes

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Its May 1 time for a new battle. But may want to wait with these guys still discussing?

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

But may want to wait with these guys still discussing?

nha we wont change our point of view. thats obvious already.
let's get it over with. =)
Mikebsp458
Mikebsp458
3 posts
Nomad

Personally, Microsoft. To be honest, i know that Apple is better but i just cant get used to it, and i think the price is just rubbish

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Personally, Microsoft. To be honest, i know that Apple is better but i just cant get used to it, and i think the price is just rubbish

doing your own battle i c? xD
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Wrong question bud.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Please do the now battle instead of the first battle.
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

we all make jokes about hitler and nazi's.... no?
doesn't make my pics less true tho.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtLJmUv262-NjhextDLd3G41iBbMCowgDvkNbPdXsvLkWcRqia
Showing 631-645 of 1882